What's new

Bangladesh sending aid to flood-hit Pakistan

I agree. Should have sent more. I also think BD should large amount of aid to Afghanistan and Yemen as they are heavily suffering.
I agree. Should have sent more. I also think BD should large amount of aid to Afghanistan and Yemen as they are heavily suffering.
Why send so little? We have received unlimited aid throughput our history.
Would sparing a few million $ bankrupt us?

This is a double edged sword for Me, and I think bengal71 said the same about in of his/her posts about pakistan repatriating funds and wealth that was unfairly kept from Bangladeshis Post 1971.

Where was Pakistans urge of humanity when it deprived bangladesh of wealth when it was on its knees. People were starving and hungry as direct result of what Pakistani establishment has done.

I support but I don't support donating to pakistan. As I know when disaster strikes bangladesh, the average Pakistani just rolls their eyes and thinks well it happens there all the time. No sense of urgency to donate to bangladesh they just roll their eyes.

Last edited:
I have been watching many videos of flood in Pakistan. It panicked me to watch many buildings, bridges, and houses being swept away by the fast flowing water.

Being from Bangladesh I certainly have many experience with floods. But, the Pakistan flood may be one of of its own kinds.

Glaciers in the north have melted and flowed south to join the water due to heavy rainfall.
All these things are happening due to overheating of the Earth’s climate because of the accumulation Carbon in the upper sky.
Years & Years of corruption by the ruling elite has a hand in this .

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busi...2d3d92-28b8-11ed-a90a-fce4015dfc8f_story.html

Pakistan Could Have Averted Its Climate Catastrophe​

Analysis by David Fickling | Bloomberg
August 31, 2022 at 12:51 p.m. EDT

As the largest irrigation system in the world, the Indus valley is another monument to massive investment whose roots date back more than 4,000 years. Like Pakistan whose backbone it forms, however, the Indus and its tributaries have been starved of the investment they need to effectively manage the risks of natural disaster.
Some of the most important lines of defense against floods are colonial-era projects such as the vast Sukkur Barrage — a system of dams and canals that divert the waters of the Indus’s to irrigate the arid southern Sindh Province. Many are in a poor state of repair, thanks to years of underinvestment in maintenance; corruption; and disputes between Pakistan’s four provinces about the allocation of water and funds.

The Tarbela and Mangla reservoirs on either side of Islamabad have become so choked with silt sweeping down from the Himalayas that they’re losing their ability to swallow up floodwaters and prevent inundation further downstream. Just 57% of Tarbela’s storage capacity is now available, and increased silting may clog it altogether, a government committee was told earlier this month.
The underinvestment that has led to this state of affairs is chronic. Among the world’s top 20 economies by population, only Egypt has a lower rate of gross capital formation than Pakistan — a sign of a country that’s unable to build the infrastructure it needs to support a growing population.

The Sheikh Hasina government has allocated Tk 14 million in aid for Pakistan, where cataclysmic floods have claimed more than 1,200 lives, one-fourth of them children.
The government will buy and send biscuits, dry cakes, water purification tablets, oral saline, mosquito nets, blankets, tents and other relief items to help the victims hit by the devastating floods.
The Ministry of Disaster Management and Relief allocated the funds on Thursday. The relief items will include 10 tonnes of biscuit, 10 tonnes of dry cake, 100,000 water purification tablets, 50,000 packets of oral saline, 5,000 mosquito nets, 2,000 blankets and 2,000 tents.
Md Selim Hossain, a spokesman for the ministry, said they already have some of the relief items and the rest of them will be bought quickly.
The ongoing floods caused by heavy rains have affected almost half of Pakistan. The Pakistan government has declared a state of emergency to tackle the situation.
Prime Minister Shahbaz Sharif’s administration has also called for international assistance and deployed the military to help in the rescue and relief operation. It estimates the loss to the floods will be worth Tk 10 billion.
I am sending 10K UK pounds which is 7% of what the whole of Bangladesh gov is sending. We should politely decline it and ask them to feed their poor people.

I am sending 10K UK pounds which is 7% of what the whole of Bangladesh gov is sending. We should politely decline it and ask them to feed their poor people.

Ok. Ask your government to decline it.

thank you brother!!
I sold 30% of my stocks which is basically my savings and gave it up for flood donation (I am not saying it in order to show off or something but to serve as motivation to fellow Pakistanis, I saw poor young kids literally giving up their weekly wages to help their brothers and sisters stuck elsewhere in the country which motivated me,- I and most of the forum members can use it as motivation to do more)

I was saving up to buy my house but our people and motherland come first, IA we as a people will pull through like always, there's sheer tenacity and greatness in our people

This is a double edged sword for Me, and I think bengal71 said the same about in of his/her posts about pakistan repatriating funds and wealth that was unfairly kept from Bangladeshis Post 1971.

Where Pakistans urge of humanity when deprived bangladesh of wealth when it was OK its knee. People were starving and hungry as direct result of what Pakistani establishment has done.

I support but I don't support this. As I know when disaster strikes bangladesh, the average Pakistani just rolls their eyes and thinks well it happens there all the time. No sense of urgency to donate to bangladesh they just roll their eyes.
f off and keep it to yourself, no one wants your pennies - cunt

Last edited:
our C130J will be there...ask ur government not to give permission to enter ur airspace..

Shouldn’t have sent anything as it will just line the pockets of corrupt politicians in office.

Gesture is appreciated though.

Doubtful. It's not money, they are sending items like tablets, blankets, tents, dry cakes etc.

They’ll sell that shit too.

Not possible man. The scale of disaster you have there, the govt will be in serious trouble if they don't help the affected. They are not going to shoot their foot for the minuscule amount that was sent.

Not possible man. The scale of disaster you have there, the govt will be in serious trouble if they don't help the affected. They are not going to shoot their foot for the minuscule amount that was sent.

You don’t know Pakistan very well.

You don’t know Pakistan very well.

I know BD very well, so I know Pakistan very well too. You are talking about all encompassing corruption, right? We have been the global champions in it for many years.

In any case, they really should not. The scale of disaster is too great and it comes at a time when Pakistan is having an economic crisis too. This is not the time to steal relief items meant for victims, if they have any common sense and humanity left.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom