What's new

Pakistan rejects flood relief donation worth $145,000 from Bangladesh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha, vikhari. You are the victim of bachabzi in the mahalla called Abbu Gund Khel in vikharistan. Don't waste time talking, go to saudi with a begging bowl, show them your bleeding gund and ask for paisa, don't waste time here.
The victim of "bachabazi" is the one on your profile picture.... mujeeb ....Bangabandhu himself THATS why he created a whole prostitute incorp in 1971 by the name of Bangladesh

It's not the correct wording for the part , that I just posted and translated using Google translation! However this part ( your) is included in the news I agree!

ইংরেজি ভাল না বুঝলেও, মাতৃভাষা হবার সুবাদে বাংলাটা খুব ভাল বুঝি আলহামদুলিল্লাহ! তাই আমাকে বাংলা খবর বুঝানোর দরকার নাই।

আমি জাস্ট চুম্বক অংশটুকুই কপি পেস্ট করেছি। বাকি টা করার দরকার মনে করি নি, যদিও পুরো খবরটা পড়েছি

( I just copied the magnetic part and translated it , although read the whole news , but didn't feel that I need to post that part)

আপনি দয়া করে ভারতীয় সোর্সে অন্ধ নির্ভরতা কমিয়ে দেন। থ্রেড পোষ্ট করার আগে যাচাই বাছাই করেন।

এটা একটা পরামর্শ মাত্র, আপনি পরামর্শটাকে চাইলে সম্পুর্ন ইগ্নোর করতে পারেন, ধন্যবাদ! ভাল থাকেন।

I didn’t talk about your translation but in real what has happened. Pakistan said they don’t need the products Bangladesh has offered which is posted in the news as Pakistan rejected Bangladeshi aid.

Well guys if you read the BBC Bangla news this news is not fully true nor it is fully wrong.

The main part of the news is as below translated from Google

The relief items include 10 metric tons of biscuits, 10 metric tons of dry cake, one lakh water purification tablets, 50,000 packets of saline, 5,000 mosquito nets and 2,000 blankets and tents.

But diplomatic sources in Bangladesh say that Pakistan does not need any of these biscuits, jute chat, Orsaline and water purification tablets. For this reason, the discussion may be ongoing.

ত্রাণসামগ্রীর মধ্যে রয়েছে ১০ মেট্রিক টন বিস্কুট, ১০ মেট্রিক টন ড্রাই কেক, এক লাখ পানি বিশুদ্ধিকরণ ট্যাবলেট, ৫০ হাজার প্যাকেট খাওয়ার স্যালাইন, পাঁচ হাজার মশারি এবং দুই হাজার করে কম্বল ও তাঁবু।

কিন্তু বাংলাদেশের কূটনৈতিক সূত্র বলছে, বিস্কুট, পাটের চট, ওরস্যালাইন এবং পানি বিশুদ্ধিকরণ ট্যাবলেট এসবের কোনটাই পাকিস্তানের প্রয়োজন নেই। এ কারণে আলোচনা হয়তো চলমান রয়েছে।

Hope it clarified all the doubt. The only thing Pakistani diplomatic sources are trying to claim is as they have not said anything publicly yet they are uncomfortable with this kind of news.

Surprising Pakistan has no need of biscuits, dry cake, water purifier, saline, mosquito nets, blanket, tents!

So the original news is not totally false. Pakistan said they don't need those items. Water purification tablets, salines and biscuits are absolutely necessary in a flood. Either they have no clue about these items or just upset they couldn't get the cash instead to steal or just arrogance. Whatever the case, non issue. We don't need to go any extra mile to send them anything. 1970 cyclones we remember.

Last edited:
Thats a measly amount as a country, but Pakistanis should still have accepeted anything for the dying poor peoples sake...

Bangladeshis somehow carry the same pettiness on cricket field and politics🤣

Haha, vikhari. You are the victim of bachabzi in the mahalla called Abbu Gund Khel in vikharistan. Don't waste time talking, go to saudi with a begging bowl, show them your bleeding gund and ask for paisa, don't waste time here.
Hahahaha!
Go easy on the poor guy, that was hilarious 😂😂

Thats a measly amount as a country, but Pakistanis should still have accepeted anything for the dying poor peoples sake...

Bangladeshis somehow carry the same pettiness on cricket field and politics🤣

Hahahaha!
Go easy on the poor guy, that was hilarious 😂😂
It may be a measly amount, but it is standard practice for countries to start of with a smaller amount and then donate more. I have no idea why they do that, but thats what happens. Canada initially donated like 1 million dollars, then 2-3 days ago pledged another 30 million dollars. Same for several other countries.

In any case, i wouldnt be surprised if Pakistan doesnt accept this aid, it is human nature not to show weakness and accept aid from enemies even when they are struggling. India didn't accept aid from Pakistan during the covid crisis.

Can someone plz explain the meaning of "chetona", I've read it many times used by BD bros but google gave nothing on this. Serious question.

dude, no need to air our dirty laundry everywhere. the post is based on arguably fake news. while there's many things wrong with the aforementioned, let's not take indian fake news and attribute the fault to bajwa and PDM. thanks
Its Chetna/चेतना in Hindi...

It may be a measly amount, but it is standard practice for countries to start of with a smaller amount and then donate more. I have no idea why they do that, but thats what happens. Canada initially donated like 1 million dollars, then 2-3 days ago pledged another 30 million dollars. Same for several other countries.
You are probably right. Even in 2010 flood in Pakistan, Bangladesh sent $2 million worth of relief goods. This time it certainly would have surpassed that amount. Why are people assuming that, this $145000 would be the one and only with no subsequent follow up. Countries or organization at first create a supply chain and identify field of works, then start sending more on that route. This is how humanitarian works proceed over length of time.

Last edited:
Other western countries are also holding back on donating because last time the flood aid to Pakistan was used to fund attacks on their own cities.

Remember there was a huge backlah by public as to why are funding there killers, so can't expect much from there. Better take what you get from easterns

@waz @The Eagle @krash @jaibi @PakSword

Is gangu propaganda like this acceptable?

Ask them.
Its a fake news!!!!! Come Frigging On, Planes delived a few days back but reject this now, really?

Hurt pakistans global image!!!! Well i suppose they will know more about that. Its cool, jog on.
Its a fake NewSs FGS

LOL wut? Is this another fake news thread?
Yes, ppl are jumping on it. Planes landed with aid some time back. Why would we reject this?

I don't blame them by the way. At least Bangladesh could offer 71 crore taka inspired by Mukti zuddher chetona ( or 71 lakh taka for negative chetona)!
Its a fake news!!

145,000$ is nothing tbh. 5 well-off overseas Pakistanis can match that amount.

Also, I'm pretty sure this is fake news.

Pakistan rejects flood relief donation worth $145,000 from Bangladesh​

Pakistan has rejected Bangladesh's offer to supply humanitarian aid worth 14 million takas (roughly $145,000) as the country continued to suffer great loss during monsoon flooding​

Topics Pakistan | Bangladesh | Donations
By IANS | Islamabad | Last Updated at September 15 2022 07:55 IST

1661856296-7907.jpg

Homes surrounded by floodwaters in Sohbat Pur city, a district of Pakistan's southwestern Balochistan province (Photo: AP/PTI)

Pakistan has rejected Bangladesh's offer to supply humanitarian aid worth 14 million takas (roughly $145,000) as the country continued to suffer great loss during monsoon flooding, according to local media.

On September 1, Bangladesh's Ministry of Disaster Management and Relief reportedly allocated funds for 10 tonnes of biscuits, 10 tonnes of dry cakes, 1,00,000 water purification tablets, 50,000 packets of oral saline, 5,000 mosquito nets, 2,000 blankets, and 2,000 tents to be sent to Pakistan.

However, it remains to be seen whether Islamabad would accept the friendly and humanitarian Bangladeshi gesture, Khaama Press reported.

According to Bangladeshi Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina, the Awami League government had always been generous towards humanity and that the authorities concerned had been directed to assist in the relief efforts in Pakistan.

"Pakistan Army is reportedly averse to the proposal of aid from Bangladesh as any such relief assistance may undermine Pakistan's global image," she said as per local media.

Pakistan fears that floods might have caused over $40 billion in economic losses and damages as the National Flood Response Coordination Centre (NFRCC) dismissed the initial assessment of $18 billion, Express Tribune reported.

The $40 billion losses were flagged in a flood response centre meeting during discussion on an interim report titled "An Early Assessment of Flood Impact on Pakistan's Economy", presented by the Ministry of Finance.

--IANS

san/

@Black_cats , misleading title with the motive to create misunderstanding between Pakistan & Bangladesh

So, please do not wait anymore and ask your five rich friends to send a huge amount of relief materials. But, have you read the composition of materials that BD wants/ wanted to send? And, can your super-rich friends arrange the materials with their multi-million dollars? Money cannot always buy things needed at the exact moment.

But, BD is an expert among all the countries of the world when it is flood-related relief materials.

BD has more expertise in controlling sickness or death due to water-borne diseases and BD contemplated sending these goods to Pakistan whose people have little experience to combat the aftereffects of a flood.

Other similar materials would have followed the first consignment. But, here you are talking big money! Very surprised.

View attachment 880554

I've already made my donation. As I said before this is most likely fake news. I'd rather believe a rat than Indian media.

I've already made my donation. As I said before this is most likely fake news. I'd rather believe a rat than Indian media.
Yes, it is false news. I have watched the BD TV news. The commentators are saying someone in India spread this fake news to raise hatred between Bangladesh and Pakistan.

The news also says the BD side has not yet finalized the types of relief materials. The Pakistan govt (read its Ambassador in Dhaka) said some of the items may not be needed and the decision on the types and quantities will be finalized after more discussions between the two parties.

I feel like crying by seeing the suffering of the population. It is so hard, but people are also very brave. We here are accustomed to yearly floods, but Pakistani people are not. They must be suffering very hard.

I just wish more relief materials from both govt and private organizations to be collected and sent to the suffering in Pakistan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom