What's new

Report of flood-hit Pakistan rejecting Bangladesh’s $145,000 aid offer false

Is this amount a little small? After all, Bangladesh is a country with hundreds of millions of people.

Pakistan should not refuse any assistance. In the face of disaster, any kindness is precious.

The actual report is it’s not the amount but the product Bangladesh wanted to offer with that money Pakistan said they don’t need it. That’s why further discussion is ongoing.

Some media reported it as saying Pakistan rejected Bangladeshi aid plus added some spin it’s because of 1971.

The Bangladesh Ministry of Disaster Management and Relief on September 1 reportedly allocated funds for 10 tonnes of biscuits, 10 tonnes of dry cakes, 1,00,000 water purification tablets, 50,000 packets of oral saline, 5,000 mosquito nets, 2,000 blankets, and 2,000 tents to be sent to Pakistan.

I am not sure how these items are not needed by Pakistan during the time of flood!

It like watching

It's like watching a a ditzy blond stick it's head in crocodile mouth in a crocodile tear, scenario.

Please have respect for other people's opinions - so that they may have respect for yours.

People's opinions are shaped by their upbringing, family back ground and and other values.

Just because those opinions may differ from yours does not automatically mean they should be put down by you or anyone else.

Think.

Is this amount a little small? After all, Bangladesh is a country with hundreds of millions of people.

Pakistan should not refuse any assistance. In the face of disaster, any kindness is precious.

It is probably the first of many tranches of aid. Mainly what fits in a C-130 or several of them.

But yes, amount should have been lot higher.

They didn't refuse it. The idea came from a fake news that published in an Indian media. And now the OP posted the right news given by Bangladeshi media.

Here are some examples ( including ours)!

America is not wise then. They forgot what British did to them. Europe isn't wise as well , as Germany , and Japan are their ally now. They forgot what Germans did to them.

Japan isn't wise , because they became ally of USA ; ally of this USA who dropped atom bomb in their country.

Latest example is Vietnam. Once viet kongs beat Americans back , and now they are ally.

On the other hand China that help them against USA are not their ally now.

Only some of Bangladeshi are wise who remember every wrong doing of Pakistan. We are the wisest group , I'm convinced!

But on the other hand , many of us forgot that we were the front liner who demanded a Muslim majority country to save our a.s.s from Indian elites.

We also forget that British rulers ruled us for 190 years , they took our land and gave it to Hindu jomidars via parament settlement, and made us beggars.

We also forget that in order to destroy our Muslin cloth the noble British empire used to chop off the thumbs of our Muslin craftsmen.

We also forget that they forced us to cultivate Nil instead of food in our land.

In ww2 in order to prevent japanese British empire set fire on food and crops that caused femine in the area and millions died.

There are many more , but we can't write a history book here , can we?

We forgot everything! So now can we be called wise people?

This is complete half omissions or half truth.

Before u.s become involved with Britain, they made Britain hand over key military and other assets. Making Britain no longer a top super power.

Britain has just recently finished paying off war debt that was indebted to America.

The whole of Britain has basically become an extension of u.s economically, socially, and in foreign policy.

The same for Europe may be in lesser or differing context.

Japan got a lot of assistance from the U.s to rebuild. U.s allowed to learn their tech and reserve engineer it.

I do not know enough to comment on the China vietname situation. How ever I do know that China holds a lot of sway in 🇻🇳 and has a close working relationship even though there are differences.

As for South Asia and its colonial past, we are not even in the same area code to make certain reparations, we are just beggars.

How ever pak and bdesh are in similar footing.

Please have respect for other people's opinions - so that they may have respect for yours.

People's opinions are shaped by their upbringing, family back ground and and other values.

Just because those opinions may differ from yours does not automatically mean they should be put down by you or anyone else.

Think.

I can have an opinion of a opinion and use a metaphor to describe it.

I refrained from any name calling, or other things that's disrespectful. How ever if you feel disrespected it was never my intention.

I was merely commenting on the naiveness of people's sentiment s

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom