What's new

Report of flood-hit Pakistan rejecting Bangladesh’s $145,000 aid offer false

This folks is what we call dhoodh me mengnian daal ke dena (Offering someone milk but with goat dropping in it). Idk much about internal politics of BD but did she really had to bring up that?
Hasina's mind is forever stuck at 1971-1975 period. A BBC journalist in a documentary called her 'a daughter who is still mourning her father's death'. Sheikh Hasina's entire world view revolve around 1971-1975 tragedy. Nobody can help it. She want to imprint her fathers name on the every tree-leaf of Bangladesh.

I see your point. It was not a govt. or political thing.

It's about being a human being.

The farmer or laborer in Pakistan has no political bias.

You be the better human.

I say this because I have been to Pakistan and seen their hospitality, even of marginal people.

I would say the same about the average Indian on the street.

Also what I learnt about ordinary Pakistanis personally they may be OK and nice people. When it comes to their country they vehemently defend Pakistan gov most of the time.

Even akhmadi Muslims which believe the second coming of the prophet has came and went. These times being the so called good times. Defend Pakistan gov.

Last edited:
Hasina's mind is forever stuck at 1971-1975 period. A BBC journalist in a documentary called her 'a daughter who is still mourning her father's death'. Sheikh Hasina's entire world view revolve around 1971-1975 tragedy. Nobody can help it. She want to imprint her fathers name on the every tree-leaf of Bangladesh.
I doubt she's actually mourning her father's death. More like milking his death, like the Bhutto clan does here.

As they say, The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Our two nations may have separated violently 51 years ago but we are still have the same naivete in our hearts for falling for this trick of the rulers. BD people will still be exploited but from within this time.

Last edited:
Sheikh Hasina should have added a zero to the aid amount. This is highly embarrassing. $145,000 is a pittance for a gift.

If Pakistani Govt. accepts - it will be because of the breadth of their heart.
Thank you but it's the intention that matters, our people appreciate the intention of Bangali people

If they did so, then it's for China. They will keep doing it, because Bangladesh isn't going to save them from American prey!

OK that might be one thing, there are numerous things. Where recently Pakistan tried stop aid going to bdesh as Pakistan tried to meddle with internal affairs of bdesh.

Getting rid of jamaat I Islam has been a blessing for Bangladesh.

This act was done by the free will of pak gov and its people.

Also what I learnt about ordinary Pakistanis personally they may be OK and nice people. When it comes to their country they vehemently defend Pakistan gov most of the time.

Even akhmadi Muslims which believe the second coming of the prophet has came and went. These times being the so called good times. Defend Pakistan gov.

If I defend the Pakistan Govt. then why do you have problems with it?

This is a personal opinion I have. No one here can dictate my personal opinion.

You are welcome to have your personal opinion, as well.

If I defend the Pakistan Govt. then why do you have problems with it?

This is a personal opinion I have. No one here can dictate my personal opinion.

You are welcome to have your personal opinion, as well.

It like watching
OK that might be one thing, there are numerous things. Where recently Pakistan tried stop aid going to bdesh as Pakistan tried to meddle with internal affairs of bdesh.

Getting rid of jamaat I Islam has been a blessing for Bangladesh.

This act was done by the free will of pak gov and its people.

It's like watching a a ditzy blond stick it's head in crocodile mouth in a crocodile tear, scenario.

OK that might be one thing, there are numerous things. Where recently Pakistan tried stop aid going to bdesh as Pakistan tried to meddle with internal affairs of
You are also forgetting that recently Bangladesh Pakistan relationship is warmer than many other times of BAL regime.

We should broaden our mind and forget if anything happened at past.

There is no permanent ally or enemies in international relationship.

Beside we are arguing on another thread that is based on fake news and later it was proven.

Still why such adversity, I'm unable to understand!

Last edited:
You are also forgetting that recently Bangladesh Pakistan relationship is warmer than many other times of BAL regime.

We should broaden our mind and forget if anything happened at past.

There is no permanent ally or enemies in international relationship.

Beside we are arguing on another thread that is based on fake news and later it was proven.

Still why such adversity, I'm unable to understand!

I am not arguing over the fake news but some of the posters beign naivness. Or whether aid should be given.

I am trying to bring some posters benign naivety in to reality.

A wise person never forgots, this prevents him from being conned and tricked again. What a wise person does is to never forgot and leave it to the side. Then with any future interaction can assessed if things have changed or if it's still on sided.

Some of these benign naive posters were ranting about 145 million usd to be given when people in my district are still sleeping with out roof or in broken homes.

145, thousand is just about enough to show humanity to a country that showed no humanity to us. And recently actively tried to stop aid going to our own poor people.

People will say ordinary paks are innocent, alot of ordinary paks rooted for their pak trying to bdesh to it knees bdeshs own internal affair that didn't effect them. They even went to the extreme measures of trying to block aid to our own destitute poor people.

Getting rid of the low life jamaat I Islam was on of the best things bdesh has done as these people never wanted bdesh to succeed.

Pls name me a time and place where bdesh tried to meddle in paks internal sovereign interest against the good of Pakistani people ?

Last edited:
She should blame her BAL party leaders for the killing. 21 BAL leaders joined Mustaque's govt in August 1975 and he himself was a top BAL leader.

But, she finds a villain in Gen. Zia who came to power unexpectedly in November 1975 due to the rebellion of Brig. Khaled Musharraf. But, Hasina regularly blames Zia and not General Shafiullah who was the army chief when Mujib was killed. Shafiullah is now a BAL MP.

So, Hasina cries only to undermine BNP.

Really then why has the Pakistan gov covertly supported Burma?

It's cut throat world, we're not to long ago in the past 10-7 yrs Pakistan tried blocking aid to bdesh even tried to push for sanctions against bdesh. Also Lobbied in Turkey to ostracised bdesh.

You know - growing up in the US, I learned a very sober principle.

If you have nothing good to say - then better to keep your trap shut.

Better not to embarrass oneself.

This business of Desis bickering about unimportant issues during larger disasters has to stop.

The REALITY is that people are flood-stricken and are dying/sick in Pakistan. Nothing "cut-throat" about it.

They don't have Pakistani flag draped over their washed-away houses. They are just PEOPLE. Human beings. Insaan.

Their children are going to bed hungry and some are sick and dying.

Bangladeshis bickering and bringing up Pakistani politics during their hour of need now - is tasteless and inhuman.

Similarly it would be just as inhuman if Bangladeshis were dying in a disaster and if Pakistanis started to put us down (which they don't).

Really then why has the Pakistan gov covertly supported Burma?

It's cut throat world, we're not to long ago in the past 10-7 yrs Pakistan tried blocking aid to bdesh even tried to push for sanctions against bdesh. Also Lobbied in Turkey to ostracised bdesh.

I have no idea what you are talking about....

Last edited:
A wise person never forgots, this prevents him from being conned and tricked again. What a wise person does is to never forgot and leave it to the side. Then with any future interaction can assessed if things have changed or if it's still on sided.
Here are some examples ( including ours)!

America is not wise then. They forgot what British did to them. Europe isn't wise as well , as Germany , and Japan are their ally now. They forgot what Germans did to them.

Japan isn't wise , because they became ally of USA ; ally of this USA who dropped atom bomb in their country.

Latest example is Vietnam. Once viet kongs beat Americans back , and now they are ally.

On the other hand China that help them against USA are not their ally now.

Only some of Bangladeshi are wise who remember every wrong doing of Pakistan. We are the wisest group , I'm convinced!

But on the other hand , many of us forgot that we were the front liner who demanded a Muslim majority country to save our a.s.s from Indian elites.

We also forget that British rulers ruled us for 190 years , they took our land and gave it to Hindu jomidars via parament settlement, and made us beggars.

We also forget that in order to destroy our Muslin cloth the noble British empire used to chop off the thumbs of our Muslin craftsmen.

We also forget that they forced us to cultivate Nil instead of food in our land.

In ww2 in order to prevent japanese British empire set fire on food and crops that caused femine in the area and millions died.

There are many more , but we can't write a history book here , can we?

We forgot everything! So now can we be called wise people?

Last edited:
Is this amount a little small? After all, Bangladesh is a country with hundreds of millions of people.

Pakistan should not refuse any assistance. In the face of disaster, any kindness is precious.

Back
Top Bottom