What's new

Arabic Coffee shop

@ELTurco

Thanks for all that valuable information brother. I need to visit Turkey finally. My father lived in Istanbul for 2 years when he was in his early teenage years due to my grandfather's work. He went to an English school (I will ask him which and maybe it still exists) and he also learnt to speak Turkish but he forget most of it in his later years. Ironically my grandfather only worked and lived outside of the ME and Europe in two countries. Indonesia and Turkey. Extremely funny considering that we are talking now (You a Turk) and @Indos being an Indonesian.

Anyway he lived in Besiktas and supports Besiktas in Turkey as we all like football in our family for some strange reason. He never watches any of their games but he just hopes that they win the league. I once told this on the forum as well. All males I mean. The women of our family hate it including my sisters.

I personally want to visit Istanbul of course but especially Southern and Southeastern Turkey because it is a historic area and because it reminds me of parts of the Arab world and because it is were the Turkish-Arabs live and because that area of Turkey was part of the 3 first Caliphates for many years.

Me and my father, my younger brother and my 2 elder brothers planned to visit Istanbul last year but it never materialized so maybe another time.

Also of course I want to visit the Northeast and travel to Anatolia and visit the rural and as you say "true" Turkey.

Here in Denmark you should know that most Turks I know and run into seem to be from KONYA and many are Kurds for some reason. How did they end up in Konya? Of course not all are Kurds but there are many Kurds from Turkey here.

Turkey seems quite diverse. I mean many people from the Balkans originally as well according to many sources. That's very interesting.

Yeah..I watched too....I didnt sleep at night yesterday :D

The games are not that late here (22.00 PM to 00.00) but in Indonesia I imagine it was very late. Closer to the morning than midnight right?

So any emerging Indonesian badminton stars?;)

The games are not that late here (22.00 PM to 00.00) but in Indonesia I imagine it was very late. Closer to the morning than midnight right?

So any emerging Indonesian badminton stars?;)

Yup the game starts at 10 at night for the first game, Algeria if I am not mistaken started at 1-2 in early morning.

Its good...so people who has to work at office hours will not lose their concentration :lol: :lol:

Nope, I don't like badminton, more into football, but only focused on our national team.

Before going to Brazil, Holland team visited Jakarta first and won 3:0 against our national team.

Yup the game starts at 10 at night for the first game, Algeria if I am not mistaken started at 1-2 in early morning.

Its good...so people who has to work at office hours will not lose their concentration :lol: :lol:

Nope, I don't like badminton, more into football, but only focused on our national team.

Before going to Brazil, Holland team visited Jakarta first and won 3:0 against our national team.

Yes, that's convenient but sleep is important to perform. My sleeping pattern is messed up so I should not talk.
Really? Is badminton not the favorite sport in Indonesia? I mean table tennis must also be popular is it not?

I do not know much about Indonesian football but I know very talented players of Indonesian descent. Full and partial.

Such as Van Bronckhorst, Robin Van Persie (apparently he has an Indonesian grandmother), Radja Nainggolan etc. There are probably many more that I do not know about.

Also speaking about Indonesia then some of my furniture is from Indonesian. It looks like mahogany but it's another tree sort. It's very old of its kind. Something that has been in the family for generations. It came as a gift from an Indonesian of importance that came for Hajj in the 1800's.

Many people in the furniture business in Hijaz are of Indonesian ancestry. Good craftsmen. As Hajj once was a journey for life thousands of pilgrims from across the world (including large numbers of Indonesians) stayed in Hijaz and are now Saudi Arabians. This is why Hijaz is so diverse.

Last edited:
Yeah, some Turks here very secular and I had a bad experience with them in the beginning but I spanked them too much they gave up. :lol:
:what:

Thanks for all that valuable information brother. I need to visit Turkey finally. My father lived in Istanbul for 2 years when he was in his early teenage years due to my grandfather's work. He went to an English school (I will ask him which and maybe it still exists) and he also learnt to speak Turkish but he forget most of it in his later years. Ironically my grandfather only worked and lived outside of the ME and Europe in two countries. Indonesia and Turkey. Extremely funny considering that we are talking now (You a Turk) and
Could it be that you are this guy? :D His father says he also lived in Turkey for a couple years before he moved to France.

suspicious-fry.jpg

Yes, that's convenient but sleep is important to perform. My sleeping pattern is messed up so I should not talk.
Really? Is badminton not the favorite sport in Indonesia? I mean table tennis must also be popular is it not?

I do not know much about Indonesian football but I know very talented players of Indonesian descent. Full and partial.

Such as Van Bronckhorst, Robin Van Persie (apparently he has an Indonesian grandmother), Radja Nainggolan etc. There are probably many more that I do not know about.

Also speaking about Indonesia then some of my furniture is from Indonesian. It looks like mahogany but it's another tree sort. It's very old of its kind. Something that has been in the family for generations. It came as a gift from an Indonesian of importance that came for Hajj in the 1800's.

Many people in the furniture business in Hijaz are of Indonesian ancestry. Good craftsmen. As Hajj once was a journey for live thousands of pilgrims from across the world (including large numbers of Indonesians) stayed in Hijaz and are now Saudi Arabians. This is why Hijaz is so diverse.

Badminton is favorite when I was still kid :D It is still popular for some people...It is actually popular because we are good at it, and Indonesia and China are rivals in this sport at world level.

Actually Indonesian are really a Football maniac :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes, many Dutch- Indonesian fled from Indonesia and live in Holland after our Independence. The ones that stay is the Muslim one I guest. One of my old neighbor family is indo Dutch, too bad they are all men :cry: :cry: :cry:

Yes, in Hijaz it has many West Sumatran or Bugis (Sulawesi) roots I believe, since they are famous as traders since old time and also very religious.

This I will bring you present from Indonesia, Minang Kabau (West Sumatra) women :partay:

pengantin_pelaminan_tanduk_minangkabau.jpg
limpapeh-nagari-sambilan_s_ver.jpg

@ELTurco

Thanks for all that valuable information brother. I need to visit Turkey finally. My father lived in Istanbul for 2 years when he was in his early teenage years due to my grandfather's work. He went to an English school (I will ask him which and maybe it still exists) and he also learnt to speak Turkish but he forget most of it in his later years. Ironically my grandfather only worked and lived outside of the ME and Europe in two countries. Indonesia and Turkey. Extremely funny considering that we are talking now (You a Turk) and @Indos being an Indonesian.

Anyway he lived in Besiktas and supports Besiktas in Turkey as we all like football in our family for some strange reason. He never watches any of their games but he just hopes that they win the league. I once told this on the forum as well. All males I mean. The women of our family hate it including my sisters.

I personally want to visit Istanbul of course but especially Southern and Southeastern Turkey because it is a historic area and because it reminds me of parts of the Arab world and because it is were the Turkish-Arabs live and because that area of Turkey was part of the 3 first Caliphates for many years.

Me and my father, my younger brother and my 2 elder brothers planned to visit Istanbul last year but it never materialized so maybe another time.

Also of course I want to visit the Northeast and travel to Anatolia and visit the rural and as you say "true" Turkey.

Here in Denmark you should know that most Turks I know and run into seem to be from KONYA and many are Kurds for some reason. How did they end up in Konya? Of course not all are Kurds but there are many Kurds from Turkey here.

Turkey seems quite diverse. I mean many people from the Balkans originally as well according to many sources. That's very interesting.

There are Kurdish villages in some parts of Central Anatolia, particularly around Konya, they're either followed Turkish migrations to west or forcefully settled(Ottomans forcefully settled/moved many tribes in its last times)

@xenon54

Unless I became an Egyptian overnight then not despite the close relations between Hijaz and Egypt.:lol:

It's was due to the nature of my grandfather's work. France is because of my mother and half of her family which is French!

@Targon

I suspected that. Still surprising as one expects people from Anatolia to be of Turkish origin.

@Indos

I do actually not know precisely which part of Indonesia that they came from but they surely most have been either from Sumatra or Java. Give me a few minutes and I can probably solve the "mystery". In any case many of them do not look East Asian at all strangely enough. Some could fit into KSA. Do you remember that overweight Saudi Arabian girl that competed in the Olympics in Yudo or sumo (LOL, or what it was) in London? She is of Indonesian origin. Not going to post photos of her as she is not very beautiful, LOL. The fat and pale one.:lol: But of course there are less beautiful people among every race and in general Indonesian girls, at least people of Indonesian origin in Hijaz, are good looking people. Especially the mixed ones as most mixtures.

The other female Saudi Arabian was Sarah Attar. That 800 meter runner.

@al-Hasani

Yes you should really consider anytime brother its an honor for me to welcome you to our great home town Kayseri too.

same here mate women hate football ofcourse they prefer to see soap opera.

anyway, Besiktas thats a district in Istanbul i've visited Istanbul couple of times for short periods its nice but not really had the chance to explore the place so i am not so familiar with the names and such but i know the place itself..

yea you should definately pay a visit i highly recommend you to do so.. you can wander around and explore the city take a boat tour and view wonderful historical buildings and palaces and also do nice design clothes and other shopping there.

here is a short video about istanbul and some other places:

also if you want to visit south eastern region its best to see places like Urfa, Antep and Adana i personally never went to Urfa but thats what everyone recommended me these are basically nice places with ancient and historical monuments and sites etc you have the best cuisine there imo also extremely spicey also i would say Cappadocia although not south east (it's close to my city) for sure its worth to visit its a nice experience to see those hundreds of thousands years old of caves and other ancient sites:

1832168442_998e73f0cb.jpg

kapadokya5.jpg

099%202.jpg

84931,ccr-hotels-spa5jpg.png

7.jpg

Cappadocia lies in eastern Anatolia, in the center of what is now Turkey. The relief consists of a high plateau over 1000 m in altitude that is pierced by volcanic peaks, with Mount Erciyes (ancient Argaeus) near Kayseri (ancient Caesarea) being the tallest at 3916 m. The boundaries of historical Cappadocia are vague, particularly towards the west. To the south, the Taurus Mountains form the boundary with Cilicia and separate Cappadocia from the Mediterranean Sea. To the west, Cappadocia is bounded by the historical regions of Lycaonia to the southwest, and Galatia to the northwest. The Black Sea coastal ranges separate Cappadocia from Pontus and the Black Sea, while to the east Cappadocia is bounded by the upper Euphrates, before that river bends to the southeast to flow into Mesopotamia, and the Armenian Highland.[1] This results in an area approximately 400 km (250 mi) east–west and 250 km (160 mi) north–south. Due to its inland location and high altitude, Cappadocia has a markedly continental climate, with hot dry summers and cold snowy winters.[4] Rainfall is sparse and the region is largely semi-arid

I hope you can visit in some near future.

Yes you should not neglect us when visiting the other places you are expected to there too. :-)

As far as i know lot of Kurds leave there places in early 80's cause of economic reasons and other reason such as security because there was terror done by pkk etc there was heavy pressure on them from both government and pkk so people leave there homes for better lives these are the main reasons today you can find Kurds almost everywhere they are scattered across the country..

Thats true there was a strong Turkish presence across the Balkans..after collapse of the Empire millions of muslims, Turks and other muslims got slaughtered that why these people left their homes they escape en masse the ones that were able to reach Turkey survived most of them did not and Turkey tried to save them because Turkish Republic is the inheritor of the Empire but couldnt do much and so..

@Indos

I do actually not know precisely which part of Indonesia that they came from but they surely most have been either from Sumatra or Java. Give me a few minutes and I can probably solve the "mystery". In any case many of them do not look East Asian at all strangely enough. Some could fit into KSA.

Some Indonesian can be look like East Asian like this one
7AFA6F493D010836ADDE9E0E296E2.jpg
sandradewi.jpg
keira-shabira-artis+cantik-indonesia.jpg

Tya Ariesta, Sandra Dewi, Kheira Sabira

Some look like Arab/Pakistan even though they are pure Indonesian

risty-tagor.jpg

Risti Tagor (Aceh)

It can be look like Latino as well like this one (this is more general look of Indonesian women) :
images

Megan Nicole (USA/Latino)

images

Titi Stjuman (West Sumatra/Indonesia)

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom