What's new

A gulf of difference: How the UAE and Egypt’s close coordination fell apart and what’s next

One thing that actually makes me insane is how many find Arabs ones who are meant to co-operate in general... or is it because you read something like Israeli literature that you got convinced it was like such? Referring to Arabs as “United” is similar to referring to Europeans as “United” or Asians as “United”. They fought many wars against each other, see the Egyptian Libyan war of 1977, or Egypt’s takeover of the Halayeb Triange, or Egypt fighting KSA in Yemen back in the 60s... just quit make Arabs feel as if they were meant to always co operate and be an exception.
You’ve repeated it here:

They have their vision after all... one thing should attract your attention too is how the US gave away much space in terms of dominance which left nearly everyone in the region trying to expand through it. Back to the UAE: Egypt doesn’t have something to influence Ethiopia with, only the TPLF and Sudan but no investments - the Emiratis do but they didn’t do much according to our government. Second is Libya, Haftar was on the UAE’s tune and not Egypt’s hence the outcome didn’t satisfy Egypt and Mada Masr has already reported that Egypt wants to drop off Haftar at the nearest exit but the UAE doesn’t support this action.
Any chance Sisi could get on the same page as Erdogan? I would like to see that happen, Turkey-Egypt-Pakistan would be quite a punch to keep the Sheikhdoms in-line and even Iran from reducing its hegemon designs on the region.

Salaam

So the UAE is backing authoritarianism and anti-Islamism in the Muslim world? They have been trying to get Muslim countries to recognize Israel?

Not Anti-islam Estagfur Allah

keeping it to the point

- remember those lunatic (so called Muslim) that went into a Pakistani school and killed children ?

the UAE is against that sort of rubbish so called Islam, is it wrong ?

Any chance Sisi could get on the same page as Erdogan? I would like to see that happen, Turkey-Egypt-Pakistan would be quite a punch to keep the Sheikhdoms in-line and even Iran from reducing its hegemon designs on the region.
I don’t think so, Turkey supports the MB and Erdogan has criticized Sisi a lot. Sisi could have improved relations as Erdogan called for dialogue w/Egypt and it wouldn’t have made Sisi look bad in any way to the Egyptian Public but he did not.

The UAE is behaving eratic and stepping too far. This can have consequences, especially since dems are back in power. Few human rights issues and weapons ban will put them in deep trouble. I guess this is the reason they are acting as worker of russia and buying from china as well. As far as Egypt is concerned, without dictatorship, the people are supporters of MB and as soon as dictatorship ends, MB will be back in power.

The UAE is behaving eratic and stepping too far. This can have consequences, especially since dems are back in power. Few human rights issues and weapons ban will put them in deep trouble. I guess this is the reason they are acting as worker of russia and buying from china as well. As far as Egypt is concerned, without dictatorship, the people are supporters of MB and as soon as dictatorship ends, MB will be back in power.
Sorry bud, you have to look for MB in the dustbin of history. They have no ideological base, no moral Ground and no base amongst Egyptian masses. MB's biggest boy was Morsi who after sending love Letters to Zionists, they threw him behind bars. MB is practucally dead.

Sorry bud, you have to look for MB in the dustbin of history. They have no ideological base, no moral Ground and no base amongst Egyptian masses. MB's biggest boy was Morsi who after sending love Letters to Zionists, they threw him behind bars. MB is practucally dead.

Lolz sisi closed border with gaza, stopped the weapons flow, is buddy with UAE, the new zionist buddy and yet u have the audacity to put the blame on MB? Just wow. And if MB is nothing, why are the dictators so scared of it? Why didnt they let democracy in egypt? Hold free elwctions in egypt tomorrow and MB will be back in power. MB is not about personalities, its an ideology and it will keep spreading. Political Islam is the future and soon these dictators will vanish.

Lolz sisi closed border with gaza, stopped the weapons flow, is buddy with UAE, the new zionist buddy and yet u have the audacity to put the blame on MB? Just wow. And if MB is nothing, why are the dictators so scared of it? Why didnt they let democracy in egypt? Hold free elwctions in egypt tomorrow and MB will be back in power. MB is not about personalities, its an ideology and it will keep spreading. Political Islam is the future and soon these dictators will vanish.
No problem with political Islam, insofar as it doesn't encourage liberalism. Morsi and MB as a whole lost the support of Pro-West and anti-West Egyptians at same time. He preferred peace and love with Zionists، put it beside his anti Shia attitudes, his anti Assad and Pro chaos policies, dividing Muslims by sect, supporting Qaeda in Syria and Iraq, Iranophobia Policy etc. MB has lost its meaning, a clueless cult that doesn't even know how to recognize enemies from friends.

No problem with political Islam, insofar as it doesn't encourage liberalism. Morsi and MB as a whole lost the support of Pro-West and anti-West Egyptians at same time. He preferred peace and love with Zionists، put it beside his anti Shia attitudes, his anti Assad and Pro chaos policies, dividing Muslims by sect, supporting Qaeda in Syria and Iraq, Iranophobia Policy etc. MB has lost its meaning, a clueless cult that doesn't even know how to recognize enemies from friends.

U talk as if sisi is fighting zionists lolz. He is the biggest zionist ball s****r in the muslim world. Sectarianism? Really? Sisi is the one supporting UAE and saudi against iran. UAE and saudi itself were anti assad untill they saw they cannot win. Stoo being mouthpiece of dictators whose only aim is to stay in power. Also reality is that all dictators are scared of political Islam, thats why they hate MB. The ideology of MB is spread across muslim world and few dictators cannot stop it.

U talk as if sisi is fighting zionists lolz. He is the biggest zionist ball s****r in the muslim world. Sectarianism? Really? Sisi is the one supporting UAE and saudi against iran. UAE and saudi itself were anti assad untill they saw they cannot win. Stoo being mouthpiece of dictators whose only aim is to stay in power. Also reality is that all dictators are scared of political Islam, thats why they hate MB. The ideology of MB is spread across muslim world and few dictators cannot stop it.
I am not a Sisi supporter buddy, don't get me wrong. I never oppose Islamic revolutions, a Revolution like Imam Khomeini's movement or something like sir Jinnah's Revolution that could bring Muslims under One Banner. What MB did so far, benefits US/Israeli interests. MB badly suffers from lack of a good leader too. As an outsider, i see Egyptians safe under Sisi. His policies might be Pro UAE/KSA but all in all his government has some rationality, like i always say a safe Egypt is safe for everyone. I might hate Al-Saud family but id always oppose a chaos in Arabian peninsula which would hurt only and only people of the country. MB wants to destroy everything at any costs, the story of 2 wrongs and One right.

@TNT @mohammad45 I’d believe Hamdeen Sabahy or Dia Eddin Daoud (both aren’t from the MB nor from the Military) would win elections. But they are still ignorant in terms of foreign policy, the former supports Iran and wants to join forces with Iran and the latter blindly supported an intervention in Libya when the the head of the Libyan Parliament visited Egypt. Hamdeen’s plans could make Egypt get badly sanctioned and give Egypt an early access to doomsday and Dia’s behavior indicates he’s inaccurate in terms of foreign policy. So let’s agree that alternatives aren’t necessarily good either...

😀 Sisi is feeling the heat, all that toys need to be paid back. Lets see who will jump for him, looks like old buddies are stopping sponsorship. Funny to read how hizbies are turning in to buddies with dictators....

No “surprises” here....

At the end of the day the gang of thieves turn on one another.....

No man , just No.

Egyptians are sweet people. For most of them, poverty has made them a bit rough on the edges , but that's normal. Egyptians and Emiratis share a lot of history. Good history that runs deep.

The UAE is 49 years old and it has come all this way to what it is today thanks to the grace of Allah, our wise leaders and all the people that came from Egypt,syria,paletine,pakistan,india ..etc and helped us build the people and towers.

Things i must admit seem depressing and bleak at the moment, but i am an optimist and i believe relations will go back better than ever.
"Egyptians and Emiratis share a lot of history. Good history that runs deep." Are you kidding me ?? We all know Egyptian history that goes back 10 millennia, what history does UAE have ? I'd never heard of the AUE until about 8 years ago. Plz help me, dude. lol

"Egyptians and Emiratis share a lot of history. Good history that runs deep." Are you kidding me ?? We all know Egyptian history that goes back 10 millennia, what history does UAE have ? I'd never heard of the AUE until about 8 years ago. Plz help me, dude. lol

Probably because you were googling AUE instead of UAE

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom