What's new

Why the Arab World Needs Democracy Now

I guess thats what textbooks in Bangladesh teach about fascism.

Nazi text books portrayed all Jews as monsters, having sharp claws and fangs. Now tell me, was it factual? I think this conversation should end now. I don't have time to waste.

Nazi text books portrayed all Jews as monsters, having sharp claws and fangs. Now tell me, was it factual? I think this conversation should end now. I don't have time to waste.

aww why so early?
are you going to reprogram that Hasina robot ?

Every Human design is Flawed... But every Flaws aren't equal among themselves...

There's not much difference, You are screwed under incompetent and/or corrupt, doesn't matter it's election or selection.

There's not much difference, You are screwed under incompetent and/or corrupt, doesn't matter it's election or selection.
At least you can choose which competent or incompetent you wish to promote...
And that's only on the political level... Not gonna got into the Justice department where in Dictatorship you have none...

At least you can choose which competent or incompetent you wish to promote...
And that's only on the political level... Not gonna got into the Justice department where in Dictatorship you have none...

At same time, two fools can impose their verdict on one wise as well. Justice also depend on law makers elected, if they are crooks then they keep the technicalities and back doors for themselves.

At same time, two fools can impose their verdict on one wise as well. Justice also depend on law makers elected, if they are crooks then they keep the technicalities and back doors for themselves.

And you forgot that in Democracy you have counter powers? or different lvl of Checks when it comes to that... Where in Dictatorship... the only "Body" to do so...is the Dictator himself...

In the End... Dictatorship isn't equal to Democracy... Both aren't perfect and never will... But one is definitely better than the other...therefore a better choice...

And you forgot that in Democracy you have counter powers? or different lvl of Checks when it comes to that... Where in Dictatorship... the only "Body" to do so...is the Dictator himself...

In the End... Dictatorship isn't equal to Democracy... Both aren't perfect and never will... But one is definitely better than the other...therefore a better choice...

Developing a functioning democracy takes a long time. People in our parts of the world unfortunately want quick fixes which partially can be sourced back to the poverty and injustice prevailent there. The democratic processes took centuries before reaching the stage they are in Scandinavia today for example. Monarchs gradually lost power. Unfortunately thats the biggest flaw of democracy, that for it to establish itself as a sustainable mode of government, a long period of political struggles have to take place. This process has constantly been interrupted by dictatorships in our parts of the world.

HannibalBarca said:
Dictatorship isn't equal to Democracy... Both aren't perfect and never will... But one is definitely better than the other...therefore a better choice...

"Hey Egypt, whatcha got there? Strong, Just and wise leaders with the power to act swiftly and decisively for the good of the nation?!! Nah, We have a better idea, we'll hand power to a bunch of squabbling geezers too concerned with reelection to do anything useful. That sure is genius" Greeks, 7th century BC.

Best of luck to Tunisia. Your democracy seems to be working out for now, at least until the islamists use it to gain power and Mr. Ghanouchi reveals his true colors as an ISIS sith Lord and proceeds to "reorganize" the once beautiful Tunisia into the Islamist state in North Africa.

Democracy can never truly take hold in the middle East until the scourge of islamist ideologies is totally wiped out. Until then, I'm whole-heartedly standing behind the military rule of Imam alzaman al motaghalib Field Marshal Sisi.

So Thanks, but no thanks.

Last edited:
"Hey Egypt, whatcha got there? Strong, Just and wise leaders with the power to act swiftly and decisively for the good of the nation?!! Nah, We have a better idea, we'll hand power to a bunch of squabbling geezers too concerned with reelection to do anything useful. That sure is genius" Greeks, 7th century BC.

Best of luck to Tunisia. Your democracy seems to be working out for now, at least until the islamists use it to gain power and Mr. Ghanouchi reveals his true colors as an ISIS sith Lord and proceeds to "reorganize" the once beautiful Tunisia into the Islamist state in North Africa.

It's people will...At least in TN no one can say " It wasn't our fault" ... if you jump into hell... They shall not cry...

As for Whatever MB take power... Where is the problem? In which way it's worst than a Totalitarian Military regime?
and Ennahda already took power in Tunisia in the past... And lost in the next election... and gave the power to others... and so on...

As I said, Democracy isn't perfect... But when the people are behind it aka supporting Democracy, Then Whatever the "Party" in power... Democracy will prevail.
I rather get a Flawed Democracy in the Worst case than a Successful Dictatorship.

It's people will...At least in TN no one can say " It wasn't our fault" ... if you jump into hell... They shall not cry...

As for Whatever MB take power... Where is the problem? In which way it's worst than a Totalitarian Military regime?
and Ennahda already took power in Tunisia in the past... And lost in the next election... and gave the power to others... and so on...

What's it gonna matter then? Your country is already in hell and your freezing, starving children are begging for an asylum at a refugee camp in Europe. How'd that work out for the iraqis, Libyans, syrians, and yemenis. How do they like their "democrazy and freedumb"?. That's right, they're too busy being dead to complain.

If the people want to jump with their nation into hell, then **** THE PEOPLE. National interest and security are above all else. They may not like it, but at least they'll be complaining about it from their living room, lit by electricity, with their wife cooking dinner in the gas stove and their children playing safe outside. More than we can say about the poor people of these countries torn apart by democracy.

Oh, and your cute terrorist pretenders are just too weak now to do anything. Wait until they've accumulated enough power and then we'll talk. If you're still asking the question "what's wrong with islamists in power?" Then you haven't been paying attention for the last 8 years.

Last edited:
What's it gonna matter then? Your country is already in hell and your freezing, starving children are begging for an asylum at a refugee camp in Europe. How'd that work out for the iraqis, Libyans, syrians, and yemenis. How do they like their "democrazy and freedumb"?. That's right, they're too busy being dead to complain.

If the people want to jump with their nation into hell, then **** THE PEOPLE. National interest and security are above all else. They may not like it, but at least they'll be complaining about it from their living room, lit by electricity, with their wife cooking dinner in the gas stove and their children playing safe outside. More than we can say about the poor people of these countries torn apart by democracy.

Oh, and your cute terrorist pretenders are just too weak now to do anything. Wait until they've accumulated enough power and then we'll talk.

It's quite obnoxious coming from you...When you are enjoying THAT same democracy is the US... While imposing "Dictatorship" upon others... In my Country we call ppl like you "Hypocrites"... I don't know about yours...But that's how it works here...

As for "Revolutions" as you like to portray it... Let's be clear... The Arab spring doesn't exist... it was never an Arab thingy... it's only a Tunisian revolution... Tunisia was the only Nation in the area to be ready for it... It' snot because you get in the street and push your Dictator out that you are ready for Democracy... it ain't working like that....

Not my fault... if a Pigeon try to behave as an Eagle... and got taken down because he forgot his place...

As for Migrants part... it has nothing to do with Democracy... I'm pretty sure you know about that... you just want to play dumb... But if you "actually" didn't know about that it's a matter of "Economy"... Or maybe I shall remind you why you/Family are in the US? I'm pretty sure it's not for the view of "Green Lady"?

And last... I wish you to keep your "accusation" as low as possible. When it comes to your "Terrorist" assumptions.
Understood?

It's quite obnoxious coming from you...When you are enjoying THAT same democracy is the US... While imposing "Dictatorship" upon others... In my Country we call ppl like you "Hypocrites"... I don't know about yours...But that's how it works here...

As for "Revolutions" as you like to portray it... Let's be clear... The Arab spring doesn't exist... it was never an Arab thingy... it's only a Tunisian revolution... Tunisia was the only Nation in the area to be ready for it... It' snot because you get in the street and push your Dictator out that you are ready for Democracy... it ain't working like that....

Not my fault... if a Pigeon try to behave as an Eagle... and got taken down because he forgot his place...

As for Migrants part... it has nothing to do with Democracy... I'm pretty sure you know about that... you just want to play dumb... But if you "actually" didn't know about that it's a matter of "Economy"... Or maybe I shall remind you why you/Family are in the US? I'm pretty sure it's not for the view of "Green Lady"?

And last... I wish you to keep your "accusation" as low as possible. When it comes to your "Terrorist" assumptions.
Understood?

You're the one making a lot of assumptions here and trying to make things personal, I do not have to explain myself or my situation to you and I won't stoop to personal insults. The one you call a "hypocrite" put his money where his mouth is. I proudly served my country in its darkest hour when the islamist dogs were trying to tear her apart and risked my life for my home and my family so that we do not turn into refugees. Once my military service was over, I became an expat to advance my career, my home and my family are still in Egypt waiting for me to come back at any time to live safely and gladly under this "dictatorship". And I whole heartedly support their effort to root out the scourge of the MB from our land. Tunisia could take a page or two from their playbook on how to keep the islamist threat at Bay. But obviously you've been putting your guards down and trusting these scum to act contrary to their Ideology. Let's hope it all ends up okay for Tunisia.

You're the one making a lot of assumptions here and trying to make things personal, I do not have to explain myself or my situation to you and I won't stoop to personal insults. The one you call a "hypocrite" put his money where his mouth is. I proudly served my country in its darkest hour when the islamist dogs were trying to tear her apart and risked my life for my home and my family so that we do not turn into refugees. Once my military service was over, I became an expat to advance my career, my home and my family are still in Egypt waiting for me to come back at any time to live safely and gladly under this "dictatorship". And I whole heartedly support their effort to root out the scourge of the MB from our land. Tunisia could take a page or two from their playbook on how to keep the islamist threat at Bay. But obviously you've been putting your guards down and trusting these scum to act contrary to their Ideology. Let's hope it all ends up okay for Tunisia.

No need to take the victim stance here... you make it personal first by making this allegation" Your terrorist pretenders" and all this "MB affiliation" toward me.

And yet...You are thriving in a Democratic country. You may put your money where you eat...but you shall not spit in it when it suits you.

And Last... Democracy doesn't mean Having automatically a MB related regime... and IF you've got it...Like the one in Egypt...Know that it was the will of the majority... Therefore The majority of Egyptians are to you "Scums"/**** The People (By your own words)...

No need to take the victim stance here... you make it personal first by making this allegation" Your terrorist pretenders" and all this "MB affiliation" toward me.

And yet...You are thriving in a Democratic country. You may put your money where you eat...but you shall not spit in it when it suits you.

And Last... Democracy doesn't mean Having automatically a MB related regime... and IF you've got it...Like the one in Egypt...Know that it was the will of the majority... Therefore The majority of Egyptians are to you "Scums"/**** The People (By your own words)...

I was referring To ennahda, not you. I never implied you were an islamist or affiliated with them. I apologize if you understood I was referring to you personally. However, I stand firmly by the rest of my statements.

Back
Top Bottom