What's new

Arabic Coffee shop

I'm getting hungry reading & looking at these pictures! Must get dates to nibble on now...hahaha!

@al-Hasani ,

Is Mezedeke an arabic style of music /dance? Or is it turkish? I love this particular song...but never knew the meaning or language origin... :lol:

Arabic of course. Same with belly dancing.;)

You are welcome to check this thread out about Arabic music below. The moderators need to make it sticky. There have been many threads about Arabic music but most are old and not on our section.

Arabic Music (modern, traditional, poems, anasheed, dua etc.) | Page 2

Time to update it. You might visit and ask questions there.

Saudi Arabian woman stabbed to death in park 'because she was wearing traditional Muslim dress' was science PhD student who had been in the UK for just six months

• Nahid Almanea, 31, was found dying in Colchester, Essex, on Tuesday
  • The student was wearing Muslim dress - an Abaya robe and a hijab scarf
  • Police believe that the religious clothing may have made her a target
  • It emerged today that Ms Almanea was studying English ahead of her PhD
  • Teachers paid tribute today to 'considerate' and 'hard-working' student
  • Was 'seeking brighter future' studying life sciences at University of Essex
  • Police questioning 52-year-old man from Colchester in connection with death
By KIERAN CORCORAN and MIA DE GRAAF

PUBLISHED: 14:46 GMT, 18 June 2014 | UPDATED: 12:27 GMT, 19 June 2014

A Saudi Arabian woman who could have been was stabbed to death for wearing Muslim clothing was a science PhD student who moved to the UK just six months ago, it emerged today.

Nahid Almanea, 31, was found bleeding to death at 10.40am on Tuesday on a footpath in Colchester, Essex.

The 'quiet, considerate' student was wearing a dark blue robe called an Abaya, as well as a multi-coloured hijab scarf, leading police to believe she may have been targeted for religious reasons.

article-2661449-1EE3B6BE00000578-145_634x516.jpg

Investigation: Forensics scale the path where a Saudi Arabian student in her 30s was battered to death yesterday as police probe suspicions that she was targeted for being a Muslim. She was wearing an abaya and a hijab

article-2661449-1EDB1E4400000578-634_634x390.jpg

Murder hunt: Police have revealed the woman found battered to death in Colchester yesterday morning was wearing a full-length robe and a hijab as they investigate whether the attack was racially motivated

Ms Almanea was taking a language course at Essex University ahead of starting a life sciences PhD. She is thought to have been living in Colchester with her brother.

Paramedics tried to save her but she died at the scene from head and body injuries. Police confirmed Ms Almanea's identity this morning.

A 52-year-old man from Colchester has been arrested in connection with the incident. Officers are thought to have requested extra time to question him.

Teachers from the English language course Ms Almanea studied - from which she was due to graduate in August - today paid tribute to her.

Richard Barnard, head of the University of Essex's International Academy, said: ‘Nahid was a student on the Essex English Language Programme, which develops students' English language skills.

‘Nahid joined this programme and was a very hard-working and conscientious student, who was making excellent progress.

‘She was a quiet, considerate and well-respected member of the programme and had ambitions to move on to further academic study. She will be greatly missed by her teachers and her fellow students.’

Muslim student leaders yesterday expressed their dismay at the attack.

Omar Ali, president of the Federation of Student Islamic Societies, said: 'A Saudi international student at the University of Essex, Nahid Almanea, had only recently come to the UK in pursuit of an education for a brighter future.

'Essex Police have confirmed that her hijab (Muslim dress) may have played a factor in this horrific crime.

article-2661449-1EE9694D00000578-177_634x566.jpg

Location: The above map shows where in Colchester the body was found. The area was cordoned off yesterday

article-2660354-1EDB1E3100000578-665_634x411.jpg

Cordon: Paramedics attended the scene just after 10.40am but they were unable to save the victim

'This is the saddest piece news I have had the displeasure of receiving in all my years of student activism. Our sincere prayers are with our sister who has been murdered and we extend our sincerest condolences to her family.'

Detective Superintendent Tracy Hawkings said officers were keeping an open mind about the motive of the attack.

But she added: 'We are conscious that the dress of the victim will have identified her as likely being a Muslim and this is one of the main lines of the investigation but again there is no firm evidence at this time that she was targeted because of her religion.'

Detectives are now appealing for witnesses who used the trail between 8.30am and 11am that day.

Ms Hawkings said: 'This crime was committed on a busy thoroughfare where you would expect a number of people to be walking.

'It was a brazen, reckless attack and there is a high likelihood people were there or there about at the time.'

article-2660354-1EDBA42A00000578-574_634x401.jpg

Death: The woman was found the Salary Brook Trail public path on the outskirts of Colchester, Essex

article-2660354-1EDB1E5900000578-383_634x370.jpg

Probe: Police are appealing for anyone with information. It is the second brutal murder in the town since March

Officers also asked residents to check their gardens and rubbish bins for any discarded weapons or blood stained clothing.

The victim is believed to have left her home in the Greenstead area of Colchester at around 10am.

Ms Hawkings said: 'We have not yet been able to formally identify the victim but we believe we know who she is and specially trained family liaison officers are speaking with her family now.

article-2661449-1EDBB5E000000578-657_306x440.jpg

Similar: Police conceded that the incident bears similarities to the murder of James Attfield, pictured with his mother Julie Finch, who was stabbed in March

'A forensic post-mortem is due to be carried out this afternoon to establish the cause of death but at this time it would appear that a knife or other bladed weapon was used in this attack.

'The victim also suffered facial injuries but the cause of these has yet to be established.

'We have no further detail on the murder weapon or weapons at this time but if anyone comes across any suspicious items which they think could be connected to this murder we would ask them to call us.'

After the incident, police launched a search of the area using sniffer dogs and a helicopter with thermal imaging equipment.

A cordon was set up around the area as forensics officers began work.

The University of Essex, where Ms Almanea studied, warned its students to stay vigilant walking through the town.

In an email to students yesterday, the university said: 'There is a police presence on campus, and police are speaking to users of the Salary Brook trail.

'When travelling to and from campus don’t walk alone if possible, don’t take short cuts and keep to well-lit areas. Stay vigilant and be aware of your surroundings.'

One local resident said: 'It’s a terrible thing to happen but it can be quite rough around here.

'I just hope they get to the bottom of what happened.'

The woman was found on the Salary Brook Trail on the outskirts of Colchester. The footpath was cordoned off by police yesterday.

Neighbour Jane Davies, 66, who lives not far from the path in the Greenstead area of Colchester, said Ms Almanea moved in about three weeks ago.

She said: 'There is a real sense of shock here. It would be horrible to think it was something to do with race.

'I saw her every morning and she was always in a silver car. I can't think for the life of me why she didn't drive on Tuesday.

Essex University student Ataa Koonison, 22, said: 'I'm sure she only moved in three or so weeks ago, so I haven't really got to know her... When I came back to the police here, I was really scared.

'I'm sure a lot of people take that same route to the university.'

Saudi Arabian diplomats yesterday offered condolences to the family, and said they are working to bring home her body.

A statement from the Saudi embassy in the UK said: 'Prince Mohammed bin Nawaf bin Abdulaziz, Saudi Ambassador to the UK, expressed in a telephone call to the brother of the deceased his sincerest condolences to her family.

‘He affirmed the embassy's speed in taking all the procedures for the transfer of the body of the deceased to the Kingdom.'

Officers are also looking at possible links with the murder of James Attfield, a vulnerable man with brain damage who died after being stabbed more than 100 times at a park in the town in March.

'There are some immediate similarities between this murder and that of James Attfield but there are also a large number of differences as well,' she said.

'There is no current known motive for this attack and we are keeping an open mind and exploring all possible avenues of investigation.'

Officers will be carrying out additional patrols in the area.

Anyone with any information should contact the major investigation team on 01245 282103, Essex Police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.

article-2660354-1EDB1E0D00000578-262_634x447.jpg

Appeal for calm: Street lights near the murder scene will be left on overnight to reassure residents

Read more: Saudi student Nahid Almanea killed in Colchester footpath attack 'targeted because of Muslim robes' was science PhD student | Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

:disagree::cry::nono::angry:

Who kills a 31 year old defenseless and peaceful woman in public with a knife? Deranged scum.

@levina (since you are around here)

;)

Last edited:
Great news!

Guys today the Danish Islamic Council opened up the first real mosque (Grand Mosque) here in Denmark, Copenhagen. There are currently about 200.000 Muslims in Copenhagen out of a population of 1.6 million or so. It was about time. It has been financed by Qatar and people from the Arab world also attended. I will be praying there tomorrow for Jumuah. The Grand Mosque is not far from where I am living. 4 minutes in metro and train from where I am and 15 minutes by bike and 30 min. by foot.

بالصور والفيديو.. شاهد افتتاح مركز حمد بن خليفة الحضاري في الدنمارك

كوبنهاجن - قنا | 2014-06-19

تم اليوم افتتاح مركز حمد بن خليفة الحضاري بالعاصمة الدنماركية كوبنهاجن الذي يعد أول مركز ثقافي إسلامي ، وجامع في الدنمارك ، والذي أقيم على نفقة صاحب السمو الأمير الوالد الشيخ حمد بن خليفة آل ثاني.

وقد ألقى سعادة الدكتور غيث بن مبارك الكواري، وزير الأوقاف والشؤون الإسلامية، كلمة بهذه المناسبة ، أوضح فيها أن افتتاح مركز حمد بن خليفة الحضَارِيِّ ترجَمَةٌ فِعلِيَةٌ لِرَغبَةٍ أَكِيدَةٍ في التَّعَارُفِ عُبِّرَ عَنْهَا في مُنَاسَبَاتٍ عَدِيدَةٍ مِنْ تَارِيخِ مَمْلَكَةِ الدنماركِ وَالْعَالَمِ اَلْإِسْلَامِيّ .

وأكد وزير الأوقاف أن دولةَ قطر بِقِيَادَةِ حضرة صاحب السمو الشيخ تميم بن حمد آل ثاني أمير البلاد المفدى لَنْ تَتوانى في رِعَايَةِ اَلْجُهُودِ التي تُبْرِزُ قِيمَةَ الإِسْلاَمِ اَلْحَقِيقِيَة القائمة عَلَى اَلْوَسَطِيَّةِ وَالاِعْتِدَالِ ، كَمَا لَنْ تَتَخَلَّفَ عَنْ دَعْمِ كُلِّ حِوَارٍ جَادٍّ يُؤَلِّفُ بَيْنَ اَلْمُسْلِمِينَ في كُلِّ بِقَاعِ اَلْأَرْضِ وَيُؤَسِّسُ لِعَلاَقَاتٍ تَعَارُفِيَةٍ مُتَوَازِنَةٍ بَيْنَهُمَ وَمَعَ جِيرَانِهِمْ مِنْ غَيْرِ اَلْمُسلمينَ.

وَشدد سعادته على أنَّ دَوْلَةَ قَطَر، التي تُسْهِمَ بِقَنَاعَةٍ تَامَّةٍ فِي كُلِّ اَلْمُبَادَرَاتِ اَلْإِيجَابِيَةِ لِلْحِوَارِ بَيْنَ الثَّقَافَاتِ وَتَحَالُفِ اَلْحَضَارَاتِ، والتَّعَارُفِ بَيْنَ الشُّعُوبِ، تَسْعَدُ بِدَعْمِهَا لِهَذَا اَلْمَشْرُوعِ اَلْحَضَارِيِّ، وَتَتَطَلَّعُ أَنْ يَكُونَ هَذَا اَلْمَرْكَزُ جِسْرًا لِبِنَاءِ اَلثِّقَةِ، وَمَنَارَةً لِتَحْقِيقِ اَلتَّعَارُفِ بَيْنَ اَلشَّعْبِ اَلدَّنِمَارْكِيِّ وَشُعُوبِ اَلْعَالَمِ اَلْإِسْلَامِيِّ، مِنْ أَجْلِ اَلْمُسْتَقْبَلِ.

من جانبه، أكد السيد عبدالحميد الحمدي رئيس المجلس الإسلامي الدنماركي أن مركز حمد بن خليفة الحضاري يمثل نقلة نوعية في تاريخ المسلمين في الدنمارك، وفي علاقتها بالعالم الإسلامي.. مشيداً في هذا الصدد بدور دولة قطر في إقامة هذا المشروع التاريخي الذي يعد نموذجا لغيره من المجتمعات.

حضر الافتتاح عدد من المسؤولين بدولة قطر ومملكة الدنمارك، وعدد من العلماء ورجال الدين.

يذكر أن مركز حمد بن خليفة الحضاري أقيم تحت إشراف المكتب الهندسي الخاص على مساحة (5216) مترا مربعا ومساحة البناء (6931) مترا مربعا، ويتكون المركز الذي يديره المركز الإسلامي الدنماركي من مركز ثقافي، وجامع يتسع لأكثر من (1000) مصل من الرجال والطابق الثاني مخصص للنساء ويتسع لـ (500) مصلية.

كما يحتوي المركز على مسرح لأنشطته وقاعة للمؤتمرات، وقاعات دراسية، ومدرسة، وقد تم تخصيص (200) متر مربع من المساحة لمحلات تجارية ليكون ريعها الوقفي لتمويل المركز.

ويهدف مركز حمد بن خليفة الحضاري إلى خدمة المسلمين في الدنمارك، وليكون منارة لفهم أعمق لتعاليم الدين الإسلامي الحنيف الذي يكفل التعايش السلمي بين الجميع وتقاربهم.

صحيفة العرب القطرية - بالصور والفيديو.. شاهد افتتاح مركز حمد بن خليفة الحضاري في الدنمارك

fp895t.jpg

large_1403225063.jpg

large_1403225262.jpg

This is big news for the 300.000 strong Muslim community in Denmark.

@Arabian Legend @JUBA etc.

:tup:

Last edited:
Great news!

Guys today the Danish Islamic Council opened up the first real mosque (Grand Mosque) here in Denmark, Copenhagen. There are currently about 200.000 Muslims in Copenhagen out of a population of 1.6 million or so. It was about time. It has been financed by Qatar and people from the Arab world also attended. I will be praying there tomorrow for Jumuah. The Grand Mosque is not far from where I am living. 4 minutes in metro and train from where I am and 15 minutes by bike and 30 min. by foot.

بالصور والفيديو.. شاهد افتتاح مركز حمد بن خليفة الحضاري في الدنمارك

كوبنهاجن - قنا | 2014-06-19

تم اليوم افتتاح مركز حمد بن خليفة الحضاري بالعاصمة الدنماركية كوبنهاجن الذي يعد أول مركز ثقافي إسلامي ، وجامع في الدنمارك ، والذي أقيم على نفقة صاحب السمو الأمير الوالد الشيخ حمد بن خليفة آل ثاني.

وقد ألقى سعادة الدكتور غيث بن مبارك الكواري، وزير الأوقاف والشؤون الإسلامية، كلمة بهذه المناسبة ، أوضح فيها أن افتتاح مركز حمد بن خليفة الحضَارِيِّ ترجَمَةٌ فِعلِيَةٌ لِرَغبَةٍ أَكِيدَةٍ في التَّعَارُفِ عُبِّرَ عَنْهَا في مُنَاسَبَاتٍ عَدِيدَةٍ مِنْ تَارِيخِ مَمْلَكَةِ الدنماركِ وَالْعَالَمِ اَلْإِسْلَامِيّ .

وأكد وزير الأوقاف أن دولةَ قطر بِقِيَادَةِ حضرة صاحب السمو الشيخ تميم بن حمد آل ثاني أمير البلاد المفدى لَنْ تَتوانى في رِعَايَةِ اَلْجُهُودِ التي تُبْرِزُ قِيمَةَ الإِسْلاَمِ اَلْحَقِيقِيَة القائمة عَلَى اَلْوَسَطِيَّةِ وَالاِعْتِدَالِ ، كَمَا لَنْ تَتَخَلَّفَ عَنْ دَعْمِ كُلِّ حِوَارٍ جَادٍّ يُؤَلِّفُ بَيْنَ اَلْمُسْلِمِينَ في كُلِّ بِقَاعِ اَلْأَرْضِ وَيُؤَسِّسُ لِعَلاَقَاتٍ تَعَارُفِيَةٍ مُتَوَازِنَةٍ بَيْنَهُمَ وَمَعَ جِيرَانِهِمْ مِنْ غَيْرِ اَلْمُسلمينَ.

وَشدد سعادته على أنَّ دَوْلَةَ قَطَر، التي تُسْهِمَ بِقَنَاعَةٍ تَامَّةٍ فِي كُلِّ اَلْمُبَادَرَاتِ اَلْإِيجَابِيَةِ لِلْحِوَارِ بَيْنَ الثَّقَافَاتِ وَتَحَالُفِ اَلْحَضَارَاتِ، والتَّعَارُفِ بَيْنَ الشُّعُوبِ، تَسْعَدُ بِدَعْمِهَا لِهَذَا اَلْمَشْرُوعِ اَلْحَضَارِيِّ، وَتَتَطَلَّعُ أَنْ يَكُونَ هَذَا اَلْمَرْكَزُ جِسْرًا لِبِنَاءِ اَلثِّقَةِ، وَمَنَارَةً لِتَحْقِيقِ اَلتَّعَارُفِ بَيْنَ اَلشَّعْبِ اَلدَّنِمَارْكِيِّ وَشُعُوبِ اَلْعَالَمِ اَلْإِسْلَامِيِّ، مِنْ أَجْلِ اَلْمُسْتَقْبَلِ.

من جانبه، أكد السيد عبدالحميد الحمدي رئيس المجلس الإسلامي الدنماركي أن مركز حمد بن خليفة الحضاري يمثل نقلة نوعية في تاريخ المسلمين في الدنمارك، وفي علاقتها بالعالم الإسلامي.. مشيداً في هذا الصدد بدور دولة قطر في إقامة هذا المشروع التاريخي الذي يعد نموذجا لغيره من المجتمعات.

حضر الافتتاح عدد من المسؤولين بدولة قطر ومملكة الدنمارك، وعدد من العلماء ورجال الدين.

يذكر أن مركز حمد بن خليفة الحضاري أقيم تحت إشراف المكتب الهندسي الخاص على مساحة (5216) مترا مربعا ومساحة البناء (6931) مترا مربعا، ويتكون المركز الذي يديره المركز الإسلامي الدنماركي من مركز ثقافي، وجامع يتسع لأكثر من (1000) مصل من الرجال والطابق الثاني مخصص للنساء ويتسع لـ (500) مصلية.

كما يحتوي المركز على مسرح لأنشطته وقاعة للمؤتمرات، وقاعات دراسية، ومدرسة، وقد تم تخصيص (200) متر مربع من المساحة لمحلات تجارية ليكون ريعها الوقفي لتمويل المركز.

ويهدف مركز حمد بن خليفة الحضاري إلى خدمة المسلمين في الدنمارك، وليكون منارة لفهم أعمق لتعاليم الدين الإسلامي الحنيف الذي يكفل التعايش السلمي بين الجميع وتقاربهم.

صحيفة العرب القطرية - بالصور والفيديو.. شاهد افتتاح مركز حمد بن خليفة الحضاري في الدنمارك

fp895t.jpg

large_1403225063.jpg

large_1403225262.jpg

This is big news for the 300.000 strong Muslim community in Denmark.

@Arabian Legend @JUBA etc.

:tup:
Doesn't looks like a mosque that we are accustomed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Doesn't looks like a mosque that we are accustomed.

What do you mean? I guess that you are referring to the design? Well, it does not remind me of any traditional mosque in the Arab world or the ME as a whole. I think that the local environment did not allow for that. From the outside it does not really look like a mosque. It only has one minaret. It's located in a industrial area as well. So that might be the cause for that. Anyway it is obviously very modern and has some traditional design from the inside. The problem is that it would not fall to the taste of the Danes if a huge mosque with traditional design would emerge as there has been controversy with that mosque. The first of its kind in the country. That's just my guess.

Of course it is nothing compared to the Grand Mosque in Paris which is built in one of the many traditional Arab architectural styles reminiscent of the architecture found in Al-Andalus and Northern Africa.

This was/is my local mosque in Paris.

Grand Mosque of Paris by bariisiyobasto, on Flickr

Minaret of the Grand Mosque in Paris, France by Ivo Lisitzki, on Flickr

Grande Mosquée de Paris by halvorbodin, on Flickr

Grand Mosque of Paris - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It was built in 1926 and in Paris of all places so it might have something to do with this.

@Wahhab2701

I am going to answer your question here since I don't want to derail the other thread since it is for photos from the Arab world.

Yes, as long as the expansion is taking place most countries will have a smaller quota than usual but as soon as the expansion work ends the end result will be that many more pilgrims than before are able to visit. So it's a necessary evil for a few years. Afterwards it will only be positive for pilgrims as it will greatly improve their chances of going for hajj or umrah. I hope that was answer enough.

Also I can direct you to this thread below for more information:

"Makkah and Madinah News and Updates"

What do you mean? I guess that you are referring to the design? Well, it does not remind me of any traditional mosque in the Arab world or the ME as a whole. I think that the local environment did not allow for that. From the outside it does not really look like a mosque. It only has one minaret. It's located in a industrial area as well. So that might be the cause for that. Anyway it is obviously very modern and has some traditional design from the inside. The problem is that it would not fall to the taste of the Danes if a huge mosque with traditional design would emerge as there has been controversy with that mosque. The first of its kind in the country. That's just my guess.

Of course it is nothing compared to the Grand Mosque in Paris which is built in one of the many traditional Arab architectural styles reminiscent of the architecture found in Al-Andalus and Northern Africa.

This was/is my local mosque in Paris.

Grand Mosque of Paris by bariisiyobasto, on Flickr

Minaret of the Grand Mosque in Paris, France by Ivo Lisitzki, on Flickr

Grand Mosque of Paris - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It was built in 1926 and in Paris of all places so it might have something to do with this.

@Wahhab2701

I am going to answer your question here since I don't want to derail the other thread since it is for photos from the Arab world.

Yes, as long as the expansion is taking place most countries will have a smaller quota than usual but as soon as the expansion work ends the end result will be that many more pilgrims than before are able to visit. So it's a necessary evil for a few years. Afterwards it will only be positive for pilgrims as it will greatly improve their chances of going for hajj or umrah. I hope that was answer enough.

Also I can direct you to this thread below for more information:

"Makkah and Madinah News and Updates"

Hmmm....

I meant, there was no dome in that mosque. Flat ceiliing. But i don't know Arabic architecture maybe it's like that.

Hmmm....

I meant, there was no dome in that mosque. Flat ceiliing. But i don't know Arabic architecture maybe it's like that.

LOL, no. Domes are completely normal in Arab mosques. In fact that has been the traditional way since the beginning. The earliest mosques had dome structures. The mosque has just been built in a rather modern/futuristic fashion which I personally do not like but many mosques across the world tend to look like that unfortunately. Also the compounds also host a cultural center etc. So that might have impacted the design. The design was done by a Danish firm if I am not wrong. The construction was just financed by people from Qatar. It's the Islamic Council in Denmark which will have full authority over it.

go go algeria

perfect first half Algeria leading 3 -0 south korea

Everybody is excited over Algeria. On facebook I thought a new leader was elected or something, lol. I'm like why are all these Palestinians happy.

Back
Top Bottom