What's new

Arabic Coffee shop

As I said then Algeria are by far the best Muslim and non-European and non-South American team out there. Unlike others that play stone age football and probably never will advance from the group stage in a World Cup.

Amazing victory and Algeria did the entire Arab world proud by outplaying South Korea.

Watched the game with an Algerian friend of mine and a bunch of other Arabs from across the Arab world. Great fun. Now they need to draw or win against the Ruskies.

Currently the 22th best team in the world according to the controversial FIFA ranking. Not bad.

BTW there is nothing like Arab commentators. Only South American/Spanish commentators reach that level of awesomeness.

Last edited:
Halo @al-Hasani

How are you buddy ?

I just want to ask you about Bani Anshar, even though it is a very important tribe in the beginning of Islam, but it seems that this tribe never have any powerful position in the Arab world after our prophet passed away, is it right ?

Halo @al-Hasani

How are you buddy ?

I just want to ask you about Bani Anshar, even though it is a very important tribe in the beginning of Islam, but it seems that this tribe never have any powerful position in the Arab world after our prophet passed away, is it right ?

I am well. Thanks for asking. I hope the same is the case with you!
I have just been extremely busy in the last few days so I was not on PDF. When Ramadan starts I will be even more busy.

Banu Khazraj and Banu Aws were very prolific after the Hijra.

Many of them are still present in Hijaz while the remaining migrated across the entire Arab world and outside of the Arab world. Today they do not form any single unit but are made up of a lot of families/tribes etc.

Madinah is famous for having families that trace their ancestry to the Ansar. Same with other cities of Hijaz. Yanbu included. Makkah as well obviously. Many of the families use Al-Ansari as their surname together with their clan/tribal/family name. More often than not they do not use Al-Ansari at all.

Muhannad who was the 4th Emir of the Arab Mujahideen in Chechnya was rumored to belong to the Ansar.

I am well. Thanks for asking. I hope the same is the case with you!
I have just been extremely busy in the last few days so I was not on PDF. When Ramadan starts I will be even more busy.

Banu Khazraj and Banu Aws were very prolific after the Hijra.

Many of them are still present in Hijaz while the remaining migrated across the entire Arab world and outside of the Arab world. Today they do not form any single unit but are made up of a lot of families/tribes etc.

Madinah is famous for having families that trace their ancestry to the Ansar. Same with other cities of Hijaz. Yanbu included. Makkah as well obviously. Many of the families use Al-Ansari as their surname together with their clan/tribal/family name. More often than not they do not use Al-Ansari at all.

Muhannad who was the 4th Emir of the Arab Mujahideen in Chechnya was rumored to belong to the Ansar.

Thanks for the info friend,

Actually I am quite enthusiastic now, trying to do something different inshaALLAH, starting at Ramadhan, other kind of business, I hope I get much money from this one..... :D

Back to our topic, Quraish tribe seems to be very powerful, this tribe is also spreading all over the Muslim world. I bet this power comes from Prophet Ibrahim pray to ALLAH to make his descent a leader in the world...

Thanks for the info friend,

Actually I am quite enthusiastic now, trying to do something different inshaALLAH, starting at Ramadhan, other kind of business, I hope I get much money from this one..... :D

Back to our topic, Quraish tribe seems to be very powerful, this tribe is also spreading all over the Muslim world. I bet this power comes from Prophet Ibrahim pray to ALLAH to make his descent a leader in the world...

Well, I wish you all the best of luck with your future plans. May they materialize.

Yes, indeed. It's probably among the most prolific families in history. Not only when looking at it from a Islamic point of view.

Actually I have to remind you of the fact that the Ansar did not belong to the Quraysh.

Well, I wish you all the best of luck with your future plans. May they materialize.

Yes, indeed. It's probably among the most prolific families in history. Not only when looking at it from a Islamic point of view.

Actually I have to remind you of the fact that the Ansar did not belong to the Quraysh.

Thanks bro....

Well done Bosnia. No more stone age football at least from 1 team. 3 games, 1 point and 1 goal (against Bosnia which were already out before tonight's game) in 3 games. Still never qualified from the group stage yet their deluded fans were badmouthing certain Arab countries (KSA) who have a richer football history and who have actually managed to qualify from a group stage in a World Cup and who have nothing to do with the current World Cup as they did not manage to qualify.

:lol:

Messi finally woke up from his 1 year long sleep. Good to see. Despite wanting France to win for obvious reasons I could live with a Argentina win as this would cement Messi's place among the very best in history. If anyone was ever in doubt to begin with!

He was subbed off and unfortunately it could look like he could be slightly injured.

Typical that Neymar and Messi are the two top goalscorer's currently after playing way below partfor the whole previous season for FCB.

Anyway Agüero got himself injured once again (LOL) and that could prove to be fatal for Argentina as he is the only one apart from Messi and di María that can create something out of nowhere.

I don't trust Sabella as a tactician either or their defense. It's Brazil's or Germany's to lose with France being the outsider. I might be biased here but I have been impressed by them so far and there seems to be harmony for once. Unlike in previous years.

Thanks bro....

You are welcome brother. May I ask where you live in Indonesia? Sumatra, Java or somewhere else? I have some questions if you don't mind?!

Last edited:
Jakarta, Java. Please....

Is it truth that the cuisine of Sumatra is more similar to Arab and South Asian cuisine due to long and strong trading traditions with those two regions of the world rather than the remaining part of Indonesia? Or is Java similar?
Also I would like to know how safe it is for tourists to travel across Indonesia. Not by foot but by boat mainly as Indonesia is the biggest archipelago on earth.

Can people privately (with local guidance) travel from island to island without any problems of piracy etc.?

Sorry for my ignorance on this front.

Brother @Wahhab2701 might be the best to ask such question.

Also how is the situation on Sulawesi?

Also do most of the Arab-Indonesinas of which there are millions (partial included obviously) live mostly on Sumatra and Java? Or do they also live elsewhere in Indonesia? Not many is my guess.

Is it truth that the cuisine of Sumatra is more similar to Arab and South Asian cuisine due to long and strong trading traditions with those two regions of the world rather than the remaining part of Indonesia? Or is Java similar?
Also I would like to know how safe it is for tourists to travel across Indonesia. Not by foot but by boat mainly as Indonesia is the biggest archipelago on earth.

Can people privately (with local guidance) travel from island to island without any problems of piracy etc.?

Sorry for my ignorance on this front.

Brother @Wahhab2701 might be the best to ask such question.

Also how is the situation on Sulawesi?

Also do most of the Arab-Indonesinas of which there are millions (partial included obviously) live mostly on Sumatra and Java? Or do they also live elsewhere in Indonesia? Not many is my guess.

Well, Aceh (Sumatran) cuisine is quite similar like Arab and South Asian

I am Sumatran by blood by the way, and Sumatran people like spicy food, Java's cuisine is sweet, very different.

I think almost all traveling in Indonesia now uses airplane, train, or cars/buses. It is very safe, many Arabs tourist also come to my country. The most tourist comes from Australian, Singaporean, and Malaysian.

The piracy is only happening in Malacca strait...and they come after container ship, not a small boat :lol: But Malacca strait is quite safe though, Indonesia, Malaysia, and Singapore guard this strait together.

I have never come to Sulawesi, but according to many people, Sulawesi is so beautiful.

Well, the Arab-Indonesian people lives every where in Indonesia, maybe they are not so many in Papua island. Mainly the live in big city. Local Jakarta people also has Arab roots according to history

Betawi people - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Well, Aceh (Sumatran) cuisine is quite similar like Arab and South Asian

I am Sumatran by blood by the way, and Sumatran people like spicy food, Java's cuisine is sweet, very different.

I think almost all traveling in Indonesia now uses airplane, train, or cars/buses. It is very safe, many Arabs tourist also come to my country. The most tourist comes from Australian, Singaporean, and Malaysian.

The piracy is only happening in Malacca strait...and they come after container ship, not a small boat :lol: But Malacca strait is quite safe though, Indonesia, Malaysia, and Singapore guard this strait together.

I have never come to Sulawesi, but according to many people, Sulawesi is so beautiful.

Well, the Arab-Indonesian people lives every where in Indonesia, maybe they are not so many in Papua island. Mainly the live in big city. Local Jakarta people also has Arab roots according to history

Betawi people - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Thank you for this detailed answer and sorry for my ignorance.

What I meant was whether it is safe to travel on your own by boat from one Indonesian island to the other as one of my hobbies is sailing and I have made plans of one day sailing to Indonesia by boat and then traveling from island to island.:)

Yes, I have heard that Sulawesi is beautiful too but I remember once hearing news about killings between Muslims and Christians. Now it is probably safe.

Sumatra is also beautiful. That is interesting. A Sumatran living in Java. Is that common?

I really want to visit Indonesia. Yes, I know that many Arab tourists go to Indonesia. Malaysia too. We like your guys and many tour operators arrange trips to South East Asia.;)

I want to see closer ties between the Arab world and South East Asia as we share a long history, religion, to a large extent culture and even ancestry. As I told you once then there are also people of Indonesian ancestry in the Arab world in particular Hijaz.;)
Can you show me a video, book or recommend places to visit? Is there any good documentary about Indonesia? Be it history, nature, cuisine, politics etc.

Also is it correct that Aceh is the most conservative area of Indonesia? And would you say that Sumatra is more conservative than Java in general?

Sorry for all the questions.

Last edited:
Is Hamad something like the king of Qatar because i see often his name on Projects?

And whose stupid idea was this? :cheesy:

Hamad-Beach-Waterways-e1311710073617.jpg

@xenon54

JUL 20, 2011 6:32PM ET / GLOBAL

The Billionaire Sheikh Who Carved His Name Into an Island
URI FRIEDMAN
original.jpg

GOOGLE EARTH​
The Sun has a curious report today on Sheikh Hamad Bin Hamdan Al Nahyan, a member of Abu Dhabi's ruling family. The paper informs us that the billionaire sheikh had workmen carve his name, Hamad, in capital letters into an island he owns in the United Arab Emirates called Al Futaisi, without elaborating on when the name was inscribed, how it was accomplished, or how The Sun learned of the exploit. The paper reports that the name is so massive--we're talking two miles across, with each letter over half a mile high--that it's visible from space. Indeed, it is. To get a sense of just how gigantic this thing is, here's a view of both Abu Dhabi and Al Futaisi captured by Google Earth's satellites in 2009 (we've inserted an arrow to Hamad's name):

Hamad%20Island%203.JPG

Zoom in a little closer and you'll see this post's lead image. Zoom in still closer and you get this:

Hamad%20Island%202.JPG

We'll forgive you if you have some questions. For example, don't names scrawled in sand wash away? The Daily Mail explains that the letters form waterways that "absorb the encroaching tide" (check out the "M" above). Or you might ask why Sheikh Hamad chose to write his name in Roman letters rather than in Arabic. Was it to make sure everyone in space knew who he was? Perhaps. But The Financial Times' Tom Gara has another explanation: "Not a lot of straight lines in Arabic." Gara adds that that Hamad halted the project "temporarily, halfway through (rumour is other royals weren't happy). For a while on Google Earth, it just said 'HAM.'"

Finally, just who is this man with the audacity to carve his name on an island for astronauts and satellites to see? The 63-year-old Hamad, it turns out, seems to live by the motto "go big or go home." Forbes notes that Hamad's Emirates National Auto Museum features a "custom-built globe-shaped motor home said to be one-millionth the size of the Earth itself" and a pyramid housing his vast car collection. Here's a shot of that motor home and pyramid from the museum's website:

Hamad%20Island%204.JPG

Hamad also built the world's largest truck--an operational Dodge Power Wagon 64 times larger than the original with a whole apartment inside--in the middle of the desert. Here's a BBC clip highlighted by Tom Gara profiling the vehicle (starts two minutes in):

The Daily Mail adds that Hamad has painted many of his cars in the colors of the rainbow, presumably the reason why he's nicknamed the "Rainbow Sheikh." Here's a picture from a Facebook fan page showing the sheikh standing next to a real Jeep and a Jeep replica:

Hamad%20Island%205.JPG

Before you start criticizing Hamad for his lavish displays of wealth, however, you may want to know that the sheikh is also a philanthropist who focuses on medical causes, according to The Daily Mail.

The Billionaire Sheikh Who Carved His Name Into an Island - The Wire

:lol:

Back
Top Bottom