What's new

any doctors in here??

Not just step 1. You need to be good across 1, 2 and CSA, and then interview well, and then with luck and a divine push ...... And that is a bloody long, expensive and arduous proposition. Only a few make it through if existing numbers are anything to go by, and it is not getting any easier I know.

wish me luck

but first i had to appear in 2nd year exam this december :D

Yes, I think you are right that WHO recognition is needed for sitting the USMLE. The inclusion of newer schools means that good medical education is expanding in Pakistan, which is great. Somebody told me that getting a residency is not easy these days, but the more established colleges have Chapter within APPNA that help with getting slots, while it is more difficult for the newer colleges without established chapters in North America, but I am not sure what is happening.

In reality, it is a wide open world, it does not have to be USA.

that Directory is called IMED , Not WHO

International Medical Education Directory - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Just FYI , I am applying this year for residency in US.

iran's first hand transplant ! happened months ago:

25338294293869408305.jpg

56018_652.jpg

after one week:

images

Can any doctor here can help in treating chilblains ??? the general physician says there is no such medicine :(

This is killing

Can any doctor here can help in treating chilblains???

Warmth is always best for treating cold weather related ailments - warm clothing, warm water with Epsom salts, prevention is by far preferred to treatment - but for recurring issues the medicines Nifedipine and Diltiazem are options as treatments for Chilblains. Tincture of benzoin has been used as a treatment option too. Try exercising more as well as that'll help with improving circulation. It doesn't need to be anything rigorous, and can even be done while sitting or laying down, but standing is preferred.

Former RNoAF medic here:happy:. Treating cold weather issues like exposure, hypothermia and chill burns was part of my job.

Warmth is always best for treating cold weather related ailments. But for recurring issues the medicines Nifedipine and Diltiazem are options as treatments for Chilblains. Tincture of benzoin has been used as a treatment option too.

Former RNoAF medic here:happy:. Treating cold water issues like exposure, hypothermia and chill burns was part of my job.

:( I did search for some remedies but trust me this is killing me every winter and warmth is not at all helping it in my case at least.

I do not know if the medicines you have mentioned can be purchased without prescription or even available in Pakistan.

But can you tell me how to use these? Or these some kind of lotions, creams ? or should I use Tincture ?

My issue is that the fingers hurt too much at night when these are warm so I had to remove the socks.

But can you tell me how to use these? Or these some kind of lotions, creams ? or should I use Tincture ?

Both Nifedipine and Diltiazem are typically administered in a pill.

Nifedipine.jpg

cardizem-diltiazem-30mg.jpg

Both are Calcium channel blockers, which help relax the muscle wall of arteries and lower blood pressure to promote the flow of blood, so if you've any concerns about existing low blood pressure issues, they'd be a concern.

Nifedipine can also be administered in a topical ointment if you find the pills aren't a viable option.

NIFEDIPINE-375.jpg

Regarding prescriptions, I'm afraid that's something you'd need to talk with your care provider about. Each nation's different in this respect, but I expect a prescription would be required.

Chill Burns are a blood flow problem, most often associated with cold weather where blood is remove from extremities and pooled in one's core region to warm vital areas, so we always recommend warmth. Have you tried hot or trauma blankets on your arms or legs?

%C3%98velse%20H%C3%A5l%C3%B8yg%20HV-14%20Sanitetscase%20070916%20Jostein%20Hestdal18.t57d0f460.m1600.x64166f0b.jpg

I used them to treat shock responses, for which heat and pressures help alleviate, but they can also promote blood flow via warming one's extremities.

Attachments

• upload_2017-1-16_16-5-43.png
    upload_2017-1-16_16-5-43.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 14
Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom