What's new

Zardari Blinks... Not! Geo Blocked! Sherry Rehman Resigns

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pakistani law is being overwritten by Zardari law!
dear sir,you are one of champions of democrzy , whatever it is we had to respect it, for next 4 years,isnt it the democrcy decribe all this!:lol:

it is didn't actually end up being what it actually was.

Recent Poll shows 90% peoples of Pakistan supports NAWAZ & long March ..

Poll was conducted by geo ( SMS ) .

I thinks this is the main reason of Geo Blockade

Geo News shut down on President's order in parts of country
Updated at: 0059 PST, Saturday, March 14, 2009
ISLAMABAD: It has been learned that cable operators across the country blocked the transmission of Geo News on the directive of President Asif Ali Zardari.

President Zardari has sent messages to Geo TV administration in which he has said that if Geo has recovered from the courts the losses incurred following the ban on the channel in former president Pervez Musharraf’s rule then it should stop forthwith the coverage of lawyers movement for the restoration of November 3, 2007 judiciary.

The reason why President Asif Ali Zardari has taken the step is that Geo TV is reminding the President his past promises and commitments he had made to the nation and what Shaheed Benazir Bhutto had said about the freedom of expression, restoration of judiciary and Justice Iftikhar Muhammad Chaudhry.

It is pertinent to mention that Shaheed Mohtarma Benazir Bhutto strongly condemned the blocking of Geo news in 2007 during the tenure of former President Pervez Musharraf. She also assured the PPP would not take any such decision if it comes in power corridors.

The Jang Group had earlier faced victimisation during Nawaz Sharif’s government before Musharraf regime banned the Geo TV Network. The victimisation resulted in a two-page spread of Pakistan’s number one Urdu newspaper Daily Jang.

Geo TV does not further agenda or manifesto of any political party. It aims at promoting saner voices, supporting an independent judiciary and rule of law in the country.

Earlier, transmission of Geo News was blocked in some parts of Karachi, Hyderabad, Islamabad, Rawalpindi, Lahore, Quetta, Multan, Rawlakot, Muzaffarabad, Deepalpur, Sargodha and Dera Murad Jamali.

The concerned officials have directed the cable operators to place Geo News channel at the tail end, making it difficult for the viewers to watch the channel.

Viewers of Geo News have started making phone calls to Geo’s office, trying to find out reasons for not receiving the transmission.

General Secretary Pakistan Muslim League-Q Mushahid Hussain said Geo News is being punished for airing the truth.

Talking to Geo News, he said the government should not repeat mistakes made in the past.

PML-N Chief Nawaz Sharif, Tehreek-i-Insaf Chief Imran khan and Senator Babar Ghauri condemned the blocking of Geo News.

Reporters Without Borders has also condemned the action which, it said, has brought back memories of military rule in the country.

Hamid Mir said the government had a plan to block the transmission of three channels including Geo News.

The threat of blocking the channel loomed during the past days and now the action has finally been taken.

AHAHHAHAHAHAAHAH

Common man! LOL. SMS poll! HAHAHAH

i am hearing news that the infamous 111 brigade is going to be deployed in the capital in order to contian the law and order situation. if this is true then this means that the army might be laying the ground work to sideline zardari and put gilani in charge. who i think has gained a lot of respect in the country and worldwide with the way that he has acted since the beginning of this crisis.
i certainly have started liking the guy alot.

I hate Geo as the owner Shakil-ur-Rehman is a black mailer, so I am happy it got banned.

90% is another exageration, number by reputed poll organizations show 70%.

I hate Geo as the owner Shakil-ur-Rehman is a black mailer, so I am happy it got banned.

Who is not black mailer? Zardari is not? other politicians are not? businessmen are not? Judges are not? Generals are not? Bhai, is hamam mein to sab hi nangey hein.

Even 70% is thrice as much as 30%.

Who is not black mailer? Zardari is not? other politicians are not? businessmen are not? Judges are not? Generals are not? Bhai, is hamam mein to sab hi nangey hein.

Even 70% is thrice as much as 30%.

I agree but difference is our politicans (barring few) don't have the ability to change or make people's opinion, however, media has this ability.

Shakil-ur-Rehman is working closely with 'foreign hands' to destabilize Pakistan.

Tell me when has GEO shown/ said anything positive about Pakistan?

They were after Musharraf now after Zardari and tomorrow after NS.

This is not the role of media to create chaos!

People in Pakistan think GEO is spreading truth, well truth is that GEO is an illegitimate child of CNN & BBC.

This is freedom of speech. You can't call broadcasting news as blackmail. The government ought not to be corrupt and there won't be any cause for them to be embarrassed about the news.

Geo got banned because it kept televising this:

Reminding Zardari of what he has said and signed is not blackmail!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sure signs of military coup for Pakistan.

I heard that hopes for compromise fade. Zardari doesn't want to bend under pressure. He is so rigid with his foolishness that someone will have to destroy him. And that 'someone' has to be Kayani.

No matter what Kayani thinks. Zardari is just pushing him to limits. If Kayani really thinks good for Pakistan, he will have to take action.

Nothing is gonna work to save the democracy in Pakistan. :disagree:

Sure signs of military coup for Pakistan.

I heard that hopes for compromise fade. Zardari doesn't want to bend under pressure. He is so rigid with his foolishness that someone will have to destroy him. And that 'someone' has to be Kayani.

No matter what Kayani thinks. Zardari is just pushing him to limits. If Kayani really thinks good for Pakistan, he will have to take action.

Nothing is gonna work to save the democracy in Pakistan. :disagree:

I want Kiyani to take actions indirectly, I mean he should ask PM to do the job for him.

Most people in Pakistan dont want to be under military dictatorship but I think it works well for Pakistan. We saw most development in Pakistan through military rule.

There's still a lot of illiterate people in Pakistan they are not ready for democracy. If we have democracy now, then Pakistanis keep voting for people like Zardari/Sharif.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom