What's new

Z-10 & Z-19 Combat Helicopter News & Discussion

Is there any project by the name of Z-16 too
The following is my post from 4-6-2012.
----------
China's new WZ-16 1,500 kW or 1,700 shp (shaft horsepower) turboshaft engine is under development

Qn7BW.jpg

New WZ-16 engine can be installed on the WZ-10 in the future.

3GBJQ.jpg

WZ-16 engine specifications include 1,700 shp (shaft horsepower). I think the sign says it'll be ready by 2013.

[Note: Thank you to Greyboy2 for the pictures.]

Isn't China developing a new EOTS turret for Z-10?

How many units PLA has on order?

PAA has received 3 to test in the battlefield, based on its performance an order might be placed for WZ-10s built in Pakistan.

Isn't China developing a new EOTS turret for Z-10?

How many units PLA has on order?

PAA has received 3 to test in the battlefield, based on its performance an order might be placed for WZ-10s built in Pakistan.
Shall have almost a hundred in service. Target is all regiment shall have supported by a WZ-10 gunship so we need estimate another 100 more.
Not sure about the new EOTS. So far no news but the one with new EOTS comes with a new up power engine by at least 20%

Shall have almost a hundred in service. Target is all regiment shall have supported by a WZ-10 gunship so we need estimate another 100 more.
Not sure about the new EOTS. So far no news but the one with new EOTS comes with a new up power engine by at least 20%

When is the new engine due?

What is the difference between Z-10 and Z-10As.

These are no A Models Even if some think they are modified aircraft of an upgraded Version. In fact they are à few prototypes and preserials modified to be used operationally but otherwise they feature all the Old Design Elements like this Ball-like optical sensor - only on the prototypes - a different tail configuration and also the Cockpit windows are different too. All recent serials however are of the regular standard.

deino

It was said to be Z-10H, it carry the original PNVS/TVDS installed on the prototypes but are powered by WZ-9 turboshafts. Also features additional equipment such as an IR jammer.

Is there any project by the name of Z-16 too
... i don't know.

China WZ-10 mass production, 40x new each year produced in Jing DeZhen (Jiang Xi province).:coffee:
11.jpg

22.jpg

33.jpg

Whatever u called it WZ-10A or WZ-10H, new updated WZ-10 armed helicotpers produced out with powerful engine (domestic WZ-16) & heavy optical devices
121845g64cbsck4ccpbsq4.jpg

compared with original WZ-10
100752pxv0kxal5u5bzuc0.jpg

Last edited:
Whatever u called it WZ-10A or WZ-10H, new updated WZ-10 armed helicotpers produced out with powerful engine (domestic WZ-16) & heavy optical devices
View attachment 212444

compared with original WZ-10
View attachment 212541

Sorry, but these are not updated helicopters, but simply refurbished prototypes & preserials and even more the WZ-16 is not operational yet. That's sad, but simply a fan-boy's dream.

Just look at the airframe development .... and therefore I posted this idea at the CDF already a few weeks ago:

Just a question again due to an observation:
All these new Z-10H called aircraft are a bit different to the known serial aircraft: they have again the AH-64-like lower sensor + the bigger upper one, they all have the earlier prototype-style tail + rear gear and the old style canopy glass shaping. Some post are assuming that they have an uprated engine and are therefore featuring again the old airframe.
Especially one aircraft numbered in red a few day ago brought me now to the idea that these are maybe more likely not new birds but older original-style pre-serial airframes or even prototypes delivered to an operational unit.
IMO it simply does not make any sense to have the original configuration, that was too heavy due to a limited engine output ... then to redesign the fuselage in parts, the tail + gear as well as the canopy to save weight ... build several (and we speak of really many) of these weight-reduced serial standard airframes and now suddenly with reportedly a new engine all the weight reductions were left and the old heavy airframe is used again.
IMO it would simply make much more sense to retain the already proven standard airframe and simply add the new engine !
As such I'm now almost sure that they are in fact not a new build Z-10A, H or K version but simply a few refurbished prototypes and pre-serials modified to be assigned to an operational unit.

For comparison, the first two images are the said to be "new" configuration ... the third the standard serial one.
Just my 2 Cents.

Z-10A + red no_ 1014.jpg
Z-10A LH98110 - 2.jpg
Z-10 LH91101.jpg

and Huitong replied ...

Yes, those two batches appear to the pre-production models with original parts, thus their performance should be slightly worse. That photo should be an old one and that configuration should no longer be in production.

Deino

Back
Top Bottom