What's new

Z-10 & Z-19 Combat Helicopter News & Discussion

The new Z-10 has heavier armour for sure。

I will leave you guys to figure out the differences in appearance between the above-posted and

6Fe4NkW.jpg

:argh:

The answer is a resounding YES。:-)
The difficulties we are facing in getting attack helicopters it seem eventually we would go for Z-10

China is reportedly developing a hybrid of the Apache and the Mi-28。

Who knows,only time will tell。:D
You mean another helicopter other than Z-10 is under development ?

how many Z-10s do we have now?
I made the following post on 4-18-2013. Someone just needs to search and add new information from the last two years.
----------
China has 60 WZ-10 attack helicopters in service

A while ago, someone asked me how many Chinese WZ-10 attack helicopters were in service. I remember saying 48. I want to revise my reply and say 60.

One squadron has 12 WZ-10s. Therefore, five squadrons imply 60 WZ-10s in service (see citation below).

Location (one squadron per regiment; MR=military region):

1st LH Regiment, 54th Group Army, Jinan MR
9th LH Regiment, 39th Group Army, Shenyang MR
6th LH Regiment, 42nd Group Army, Guangzhou MR (near Zhuhai)
8th LH Regiment, 38th Group Army, Beijing MR
5th LH Regiment, 1st Group Army, Nanjing MR

pG7NPn5.jpg

Blue arrow indicates location of Chinese Light Helicopter regiment equipped with a squadron of WZ-10 attack helicopters.

----------

China Defense Blog

Z-10 of the 1st LH Brigade, 54th Group Army, Jinan MR
Saturday, March 16, 2013

Fast forward three and half months, a new Z-10 squadron emerges. This marks the fifth Z-10 squadrons in army aviation service.
It is not, by any stretch of the imagination, to see all 10 of PLA's LH brigades will be equipped with at least one Z-10 squadron soon.

22Uhj9N.jpg

BN5Y9WX.jpg

----------

9th PLA LH Brigade, 39th Group Army, Shanyang MR, the fourth confirmed Z-10 operator
Wednesday, December 26, 2012

The fourth Z-10 equipped PLA LH Brigade is confirmed by today's (12/26/2012) report. In a rather short period, the PLA now boast 48 known Z-10s in 4 attack squadrons of 12 birds each in four different LH brigades.

IEsjXzq.jpg

X703c5U.jpg

3vet0pU.jpg

Here are some clear photos of the Z-10 attack squadron, 6th LH Brigade, 42nd Group Army, Guangzhou MR.

ewRmbwg.jpg

8VawG7B.jpg

@Martian2 provide 2013 data China has 60x WZ-10 ... 2014 maybe 100+ WZ-10,coz each 3.5 months can add a new WZ-10 squadron (12x) in army aviation service, China still building more WZ-10 armed helicopters.
Is there any project by the name of Z-16 too

Back
Top Bottom