What's new

YOUR FAVORITE CRICKET WORLD CUP OF ALL TIME...

Beethoven

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Guys What would be your favorite cricket world cup of all time....The one that you enjoyed the most

1987 because Pakistani won all matches except for Semi Final Loss, I recall the enthusiasm was great locally as it was hosted in Pakistan , packed stadium and superb performances
It was the cup according to Pakistan captain Imran Pakistan should have won

1992 Cornered Tiger , Newzeland beat all teams but was unlucky to go down to Pakistan twice in row.

+I prefer large Round Robin format vs smaller groups which have meaningless games

World cup would be more attractive if they just have 10 teams where each team plays each other twice , every game would be important game. 18 Games per team. Over 45 days

League winner gets "League Shield" to reward consistency
Top 2 play 2 out of 3 for traditional - World Cup Trophy!!

Pakistan
West Indies
Srilanka
Australia
New Zeland
Bangladesh
India
England
South Africa
Zimbabway

Getting 2 India vs Pakistan matches
Getting 2 Australia vs England clutch games
Getting 2 India vs Austrlia match up
Getting 2 Pakistan vs Australia classics
Getting 2 South Africa vs Australia classics

Lots of value for Money !!

Last edited:
My personal favorite is the 92 world cup.....format was so refreshingly different....colored kits...white balls being used for the first time....and most importantly waking up at 3 in the morning to watch the game....man i miss those good ol days

1987 because Pakistani won all matches except for Semi Final Loss, I recall the enthusiasm was great locally as it was hosted in Pakistan , packed stadium and superb performances
It was the cup according to Pakistan captain Imran Pakistan should have won

1992 Cornered Tiger , Newzeland beat all teams but was unlucky to go down to Pakistan twice in row.

+I prefer large Round Robin format vs smaller groups which have meaningless games

World cup would be more attractive if they just have 9 teams where each team plays each other twice , every game would be important game. 18 Games per team. Over 1.5 Months

League winner gets Sheild
Top two play for World Cup! 2/3 Series

Pakistan
West Indies
Srilanka
Australia
New Zeland
Bangladesh
India
England
South Africa
understand but Why does Pakistan on the Top ? :azn: :haha: :sarcastic:

Pakistan
West Indies
Srilanka
Australia
New Zeland
Bangladesh
India
England
South Africa
Let's have these teams play out one another in the same way 92 was played......in the same format...it would be a great watch

Wasim Akram taking the wickets of Allan Lamb and Chris Lewis will remain embedded in my memory forever....

2003 and 2011
2003 and 1999....The drastically changed attitude of Indian team (though failed nerve in the final) in 2003 and the magic of south Africa team in 1999....really haunt me even today......my good school days....and my two all time favourite player....Rahul Dravid and Steve Waugh......one flourished in both, another played the captain's knock in 1999.

1983 victory against innumerable odds.

1983 victory against innumerable odds.

Back
Top Bottom