What's new

You cannot take India out of the hearts of the people of Karachi

This is only true for Altaf Hussein kind of people.

In a few years, there'll be more Pakhtuns than Muhajirs in Karachi and they dislike indian influence (saris, pans, etc..)

that is very correct,
btw why wait for numerical strength ;We win on muscle power :D

And as much as the vegetarians would like to beat this drum crazy,
Fact of the matter is, India never leaves our hearts also ... There is nothing we would like to destroy more then the Hindustanis.

that is very correct,

Fact of the matter is, India never leaves our hearts also ... There is nothing we would like to destroy more then the Hindustanis.

If wishes were horses, beggars would ride...:tup::wave:

if the news reports and analyses were to be believed, Kasab's rubber boat left from Karachi

state actors; non-state actors....i can feel the love in the air regarding a country that has openly challenged Pakistan in diplomatic and military channels

who really are the ''people'' of Karachi? The Sindhis? Mohajirs? Pukhtuns? Baluch?

it's a huge city, a giant melting pot. Nowdays you can't even define what is a ''Karachiite'' anymore.

There are significant numbers of more ethnicities here: Punjabis, Memons, Gujratis, Bangalis, Uzbeks, Tajiks, Iranis, Parsis, Biharis. Long list. So I find it amusing at times when people try to categorize Karachiites as Urdu speaking when many infact are not.

There are significant numbers of more ethnicities here: Punjabis, Memons, Gujratis, Bangalis, Uzbeks, Tajiks, Iranis, Parsis, Biharis. Long list. So I find it amusing at times when people try to categorize Karachiites as Urdu speaking when many infact are not.

many others in that list as well; even gypsies :lol:

it's an ethnically diverse city; always has been well before 1947 --thanks to its strategic location

all these people compose and make up the physical and symbolic land --the IDEA of Pakistan.

it is sad to see some people talk down on Mohajirs....their patriotism shouldnt be questioned either

after all, they did drop everything and migrate to Pakistan

traitors exist everywhere; uprooting them and chopping their hands is a slow, calculated process

CharMinar_Karachi.jpg

So funny, they have replica of Charminar over there...Awesome!!!

This is not a big deal............I have seen in Gulf and american market more than 40% products of China....so it doesn't means china is taking over them.

This is only true for Altaf Hussein kind of people.

In a few years, there'll be more Pakhtuns than Muhajirs in Karachi and they dislike indian influence (saris, pans, etc..)

Pan Shops Ranked 1 in Karachi in Numbers :rofl:

You cannot take out PAN from Karachi .. Pathans also Joined us in this Habit Lolz :D

No one wear saari Now days .. Women use to wear in 70s ... :cheesy:

waiting for your " etc " sss

Pan Shops Ranked 1 in Karachi in Numbers :rofl:

You cannot take out PAN from Karachi .. Pathans also Joined us in this Habit Lolz :D

Never had a habit of this thing though eaten it a few times (only the sweet variety :cheesy: ). Most youngsters these days keep away from it anyways, which is better for health. I think there was even a ban on supari for sometime (not talking about money for murder :D), but as always couldn't be enforced. Worst habit of pan eaters is to spit in some corner for lack of dust bins :sick:

No one wear saari Now days .. Women use to wear in 70s ... :cheesy:

Some women do mostly from upper class, but only on special occasions like marriage ceremony or VIP programmes.

Please, anyone who can love Indians are Mohajirs - and they dislike India as much as any other Pakistani can. They didn't leave India for no reason. I have lived in Karachi for over a decade -- trust me when I say this, there is no love for India the way this author says it. Just because people might like Indian food or movies, that by no means suggests that they like India.

Why the 'Let the India bashing begin'?

Read upto post #26 and u would know why he said 'Let the India bashing begin'

@ the thread starter -
Nothing's gonna come out of threads like this exept how "we" are different from "you"
(our women don't even wear saaris, they instead wear salwar kameez) :azn:

that is very correct,

Another arm-chair general, who is safe is Saudi and wants to fight India with his minions.

Spare us, dude.

Pakistani cusine with meat item like Karahi ghost, Nihari, Kata Kat are very popular in Karachi and all over Pakistan and is very different from the mostly veggie Indian food.

Pakistani channels Geo, ARY, HUM and Geo Super are very popular so the claim that people of Karachi watch Star Plus all the time is not a true statement.

Pakistani cusine with meat item like Karahi ghost, Nihari, Kata Kat are very popular in Karachi and all over Pakistan and is very different from the mostly veggie Indian food.

We don't need a pissing match here. Pani puri, bhel puri and sugarcane juice are famous which I believe is of Mumbai origin. Paan is popular though personally don't like it. Also not good for health if consumed excessively. Karachi, however, has its own unique culture which is amalgam of various Pak/Indian/Central Asian/Iranian cultural elements.

Also, many still have extended relations in India and this is no different when KPK people have relatives in Afghanistan. There is nothing wrong with maintaining relations with relatives. I myself have visited India couple of times. Been to Bombay, Delhi, Godhra (now infamous for you know why), Ahmedabad, Pune, Panj Gani, Matheran and several other places. Found common people to be quite friendly and understanding. For this reason, there is no hard feelings or personal enmity towards the common people. Liking food and soaps operas however doesn't translate into political support. People are very much pro Pakistani when it comes to Pak vs India issues. Same with KPK people who unambiguously support Pak when Afghan government messes around with us.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom