What's new

You cannot take India out of the hearts of the people of Karachi

^ Dude, Indians have a theory which goes something like this: "Keep your friends close, but keep your enemy closer". They act all nice and cool to you but will eventually stab you in the back. I have personally witnessed this a few times. Just because the people there are nice to you, doesn't mean they wish you the best.

^ Dude, Indians have a theory which goes something like this: "Keep your friends close, but keep your enemy closer". They act all nice and cool to you but will eventually stab you in the back. I have personally witnessed this a few times. Just because the people there are nice to you, doesn't mean they wish you the best.

Can you quote any personal real life example of this? In Canada I have seen Pakistani Pashtuns friends with Indian Punjabis and playing cricket regularly without any stabbing involved.

Happened to me and also to other friends. Obviously not all are like this, there's some good ones too, but just watch out. It's impossible to tell the bad ones from the rest.

Happened to me and also to other friends. Obviously not all are like this, there's some good ones too, but just watch out. It's impossible to tell the bad ones from the rest.

Now that you mention it, my ex landlord of Indian origin failed to give me rent receipts for tax filing purposes. He had promised to do so but at end of term guy just disappeared :rolleyes: Lost $40 in tax savings because of that :cry:

Guess there are bad apples everywhere.

You have brought out a very good point here @SandsofTime and @SMC. I have had the similar experiences also from my Pakistani friends out here in the US.

But isn't it what you would find in a normal pool of regular friends? Some turn out to be good and others turn their face away at the time of your need. It all depends on the individual I guess.... hence I would refrain from generalizing such comments against Indians or Pakistanis.

That's nothing. What they tried on us was way worse.

Anyway, that's besides the topic anyhow. When talking about taking India out of the hearts of people from Karachi, remember that probably the vast majority of Indians talk **** about Pakistan - not the state of Pakistan or ISI - but the people and the country. The hate they spread about Pakistan is unprecedented. Hence for same reason, I see many Pakistanis who may have liked Indians before not utterly hating them.

@SMC... Maybe the feeling is mutual for people across the borders who never had a chance to interact directly and are biased depending on the pre-conceived notions about each other resulting from all the negative propaganda from the media and the govt.

Rest of us who have had a chance to interact on a personal level might have a different opinion. None of my Indian friends here in the US have a negative view about any of our Pakistani friends... so I will like to reserve my opinion that it is not the people who hate each other... but the establishments. There may be exceptions to this though.

What I see online - and remember online is where people can anonymously express their true feelings - is besides the obvious hate for establishment, I see a LOT of hate toward the Pakistani people. Nation of terrorists, "**** hole" (in some ways ironic), conspiracy theorists (again, ironic if you think about it), beggars etc are very attacks on the general Pakistani.

And I mean, in real life, it may happen way less, but that's because people will not tell things to your face as easily and may hide their true feelings.

Now you might say that Pakistanis do the same. Well I don't see that many Pakistanis attacking the general Indian the way I see vice versa.

@SMC... Maybe the feeling is mutual for people across the borders who never had a chance to interact directly and are biased depending on the pre-conceived notions about each other resulting from all the negative propaganda from the media and the govt.

Rest of us who have had a chance to interact on a personal level might have a different opinion. None of my Indian friends here in the US have a negative view about any of our Pakistani friends... so I will like to reserve my opinion that it is not the people who hate each other... but the establishments. There may be exceptions to this though.

No I agree with SMC's evaluation of things. The internet is hate uninhibited. It is that thing that you thought about saying but didn't because of decorum, wish to appear decent, or because you're afraid of conflict. Most people are ugly.

As for Pakistani/Indians getting along in the states and Canada? I believe it is just a matter of us vs them. In India and Pakistan the us and them are Indians and Pakistanis, but in the US, the us and them become us sub-continenters and them white Angelo society.

That's nothing. What they tried on us was way worse.

Anyway, that's besides the topic anyhow. When talking about taking India out of the hearts of people from Karachi, remember that probably the vast majority of Indians talk **** about Pakistan - not the state of Pakistan or ISI - but the people and the country. The hate they spread about Pakistan is unprecedented. Hence for same reason, I see many Pakistanis who may have liked Indians before not utterly hating them.

Last time I visited was back in 1995 so don't know how situation has changed on the ground. I think watching too much propagandist sensationalist Indian media may have skewed the common mans thinking. In this respect Pak media is at least much better. We are focused on our own issues and common Pak people are indifferent to internal Indian issues.

I neither like nor hate Indians as a whole. People who I find bad mouthing my country, I just keep away from scum like that. On the other hand, you may be surprised to hear about this, but I have seen many Karachiites looking down upon their relatives in India. This is because Pakistan's economy was in far better shape from the beginning than India's until recently. Many of the migrants were and are quite prosperous compared to their counterparts in India. Also, many said we are safer in Pak looking at what happened to Babri Mosque, Gujrat riots etc. I myself do not find condescending attitude from either side to be acceptable.

What I see online - and remember online is where people can anonymously express their true feelings - is besides the obvious hate for establishment, I see a LOT of hate toward the Pakistani people. Nation of terrorists, "**** hole" (in some ways ironic), conspiracy theorists (again, ironic if you think about it), beggars etc are very attacks on the general Pakistani.
And I mean, in real life, it may happen way less, but that's because people will not tell things to your face as easily and may hide their true feelings.
Now you might say that Pakistanis do the same. Well I don't see that many Pakistanis attacking the general Indian the way I see vice versa.

I have seen similar attacks against Indians on these forums from Pakistani members as well. Attack against our religion, hygiene, skin color... (don't want to give the whole list here)... but hope you got the point. It is inherent to human nature to believe that their nation is the best and often forget to respect others point of view.

On a lighter note ... the reason you don't see too many Pakistanis attacking Indians is because of the sheer ratio of the population we have in India :).
So lets keep this argument to rest and stick to the topic of the thread. We know there will be no winners.

^ Dude, Pakistanis have a theory which goes something like this: "Keep your friends close, but keep your enemy closer". They act all nice and cool to you but will eventually stab you in the back. I have personally witnessed this a few times. Just because the people there are nice to you, doesn't mean they wish you the best.

There you go Mr. SMC, now tell me does your post do justice to your 'elite member' status?

Aren't people here correct in wondering why predominantly only Indian members get banned?

Which is pretty much code for you hate Indians, isn't it?

What's that supposed to mean. Only thing I meant is that in personal relationships I am interested in judging the person's personality. If guy is an ***hole then I'll walk away. There is no requirement for me to become lovey dovey with a guy just because he's Indian. And for that matter I have good relationship with a guy at work who's Indian origin, just like I am cool with Chinese, Irani or Pakistani colleagues.

Last edited:
^ Dude, Pakistanis have a theory which goes something like this: "Keep your friends close, but keep your enemy closer". They act all nice and cool to you but will eventually stab you in the back. I have personally witnessed this a few times. Just because the people there are nice to you, doesn't mean they wish you the best.

There you go Mr. SMC, now tell me does your post do justice to your 'elite member' status?

Aren't people here correct in wondering why predominantly only Indian members get banned?

Because it's they who often show the least self-control when posting?

Back
Top Bottom