What's new

Yilmaz: Turkish soldiers will stay in Afghanistan even if NATO withdraws

It's not so negative, when ISAF pack up their bags and leave talibs will no longer have a cause to recruit by jihadist means so there's that.

Dude unfortunately it is - For many Pashtuns the ANA is little more than the Northern Alliance with a makeover; therefore the Taliban Movement is not just about militant Islam but also about an expression of Pashtun Nationalism !

And the Taliban have repeatedly reiterated that they won't enter into any agreement with the Government in Kabul which they think are little more than Washington's Stooges !

Then theres the fighting credibility of the ANA - Many have not given exactly rave reviews to them with many an insinuation made about them !

I just hope that some sort of a peace deal is singed once the Americans leave otherwise we'd face another influx of Afghan refugees like the last time !

What I'm saying is, Afghanistan must establish some sort of economical background in the areas they do control before pursuing any military goals.

I know they should but they don't really have an economy to speak of & Karzai's Government was mired in allegations of widespread corruption to point towards a possible economic recovery !

So what I'm saying is - The Omens aren't all that good !

Those illiterate Talibs as generations have known nothing but war for the past 3 decades - When that zealotry in battle meets religious fervor - You get a force that can never be subdued only beaten back for them to return in a relentless cycle that repeats over & over again !

Some forces just need to stay in Afghanistan to support the Afghan army till they are not strong enough to handle the Taliban themselves. It is better if muslim forces from Turkey stay.They are more welcome than rest of the kuffar NATO right ?
@Sinan - ^^^ the answer to your question

Last edited by a moderator:
Some forces just need to stay in Afghanistan to support the Afghan army till they are not strong enough to handle the Taliban themselves. It is better if muslim forces from Turkey stay.They are more welcome than rest of the kuffar NATO right ?

If the Turks take up a Military Role they'd be targeted to & because they are neither natives of these lands, nor in possession of anything close to what the Yanks brought or would be in a position to commit the required number of troops - They'd suffer terribly !

Doesn't mean you shouldn't kill them. In Afghanistan's case, they need an economy that is strong enough to support Afghan Armed Forces, without some industry they can't win.

When the first step is achieved they need to keep targeting and destroying economical means of Taliban, most importantly drug networks and extortion. Hitting the mountains is the last part. First the cities must be secured, there can't be stability without security. There must be checkpoints and specially trained dogs everywhere.

Cut out their supply lines and they'll bleed out quickly. Meanwhile the logistical means of Afghan government must also be improved, railroads must be the first priority to open Afghan market to Iranian and Pakistani goods and vice versa. Meanwhile the Turkish army must stay there to train a vast army.

Fvck, the things I'd do if I were in Karzai's position.

Man, you should be the high commander. :azn:

Dude unfortunately it is - For many Pashtuns the ANA is little more than the Northern Alliance with a makeover; therefore the Taliban Movement is not just about militant Islam but also about an expression of Pashtun Nationalism !
Yeah, I know how low the Karzai government's influence is. So maybe leadership too must change
I just hope that some sort of a peace deal is singed once the Americans leave otherwise we'd face another influx of Afghan refugees like the last time !
I also think that you should deport whatever Pashtun refugees you have in Pakistan. Educated population there can help get rid of corruption and do some good for Afghanistan.

I'm pretty sure it'd do some good for Pakistan too, you guys could use a homogeneous society.
If the Turks take up a Military Role they'd be targeted to & because they are neither natives of these lands, nor in possession of anything close to what the Yanks brought or would be in a position to commit the required number of troops - They'd suffer terribly !
So far, psychological impact of our deeds gave us some advantage. If we maintain that in a larger scale just providing health and educational services for the locals and training Afghan Army, we can do wonders. We shouldn't interfere with their fight unless we are threatened.

Turks didn't win the war of independence by foreign help, neither shall Afghans. This is their fight.

I also think that you should deport whatever Pashtun refugees you have in Pakistan. Educated population there can help get rid of corruption and do some good for Afghanistan.

I wish ! :lol:

We've got between 4-6 million of them living here for the past 3 decades who won't leave no matter what we do & yet still dream of carving their Greater Afghanistan out of nearly 2/3rd of Pakistan ! :omghaha:

Turks didn't win the war of independence by foreign help, neither shall Afghans. This is their fight.

Oh come on we helped....a little ! :angry:

I read about the women selling their Jewelry & sending the money to Turkey, the Muslims in the British Indian Army refusing to fight Ottomans & the diplomatic support that our Community Leaders & Politicians extended to Turkey & exerted on Britain - Heck we only supported the British War Effort on the very basis that Turkey would not be fought against - Too bad the Brits broke their promise & thats why one saw a few instances of mutiny & desertions in the British Indian Army !

Those illiterate Talibs as generations have known nothing but war for the past 3 decades - When that zealotry in battle meets religious fervor - You get a force that can never be subdued only beaten back for them to return in a relentless cycle that repeats over & over again !

They can be beaten if genocide is an acceptable option..either that or chase em' off to another nation and SEAL the border..the sealing bit being the important part...otherwise they ran pretty hard when ISAF daisy cutters hit them..Mullha Omar sahib on a bike clutching his head gear and motoring off into the dust towards Waziristan.

Advise , assist role to the ANA and use of force only in emergency situations.

@Sinan - ^^^ the answer to your question

Nope it still doesn't answer my question.

Is Taliban our problem ? Why should our soldier die while fighting with Taliban. It is not our concern. Turkish people right now is highly allergic to death of our soldiers (because of PKK).

Last edited by a moderator:
Nope it still doesn't answer my question.

Is Taliban our problem ? Why should our soldier die while fighting with Taliban. It is not our concern. Turkish people right now is highly allergic to death of our soldiers (because of PKK).

If Afghanistan comes under Taliban control , you can expect all sorts of jihadis from around the world to get refuge and training over there ... again... including your PKK. Also being Turks , some Turks may feel that you have some responsibility towards the safety of Uzbeks and Turkmen in Afghanistan and as history shows , their future under Taliban rule , if any future at all , is doomed.

The rest is dependent on your priorities.

Why do you think I care ?

Because I don't want jihadis to be training in Afghanistan and then coming and hitting my country.Every civilised country , including the moderate muslim nation of Turkey which is part of NATO (big mistake in the eyes of jihadis) will experience some kind of a fallout.

That's what I expected, why would Turkish Army withdraw? The real question is to what degree the Afghan security forces will need our help. Will they be able to take where ISAF left off, or are we to finally get our hands dirty. Our personnel didn't receive any combat duty yet, this may have to change.

What is your opinion on this? Lets pretend you were Erdogan and there was an "incident" between the Turkish soldiers and some Talibs during your term of office and there were casualties on both sides. Would you pull out all Turkish military assets or stay (and even increase troop numbers)?

I wonder how Pakistanis would react to this news. A brotherly nation or strategic assets? Tough choice!

Bangladesh, Indonesia, Malaysia, Bosnia, Morroco and Egypt under the UN mission.

What about India? ;) Just asking India will never have boots on the ground in Afg.

What about India? ;) Just asking India will never have boots on the ground in Afg.

You can't go there. If NATO is having trouble there, what are your chances.

And above all, Pakistan would become very naughty if that happens that is why this proposal does not include India. this was actually a proposal in 2010.

You can't go there. If NATO is having trouble there, what are your chances.

You mean the choices you gave Bangladesh, Indonesia, Malaysia, Bosnia, Morroco and Egypt are better than India? :lol:

Anyways India will never send its Army to Afg, we are instead doing a lot of humanitarian works there and Afghans seem to appreciate that.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom