What's new

Yilmaz: Turkish soldiers will stay in Afghanistan even if NATO withdraws

You mean the choices you gave Bangladesh, Indonesia, Malaysia, Bosnia, Morroco and Egypt are better than India? :lol:

Anyways India will never send its Army to Afg, we are instead doing a lot of humanitarian works there and Afghans seem to appreciate that.

if you cannot analyze things, thats not my problem.

The moment an indian soldier lands in Afghanistan, Pakistan's military establishment would just do what they did against the Soviets.

With others Pakistan cannot do that. These are countries are with no agenda in Afghanistan and also they share the same faith with the conservative Afghan population.

Like I said, this was a very strong proposal in 2010.

Nine Turks kidnapped by Taliban in eastern Afghanistan
Monday, 22 Apr 2013

Nine Turkish citizens have been kidnapped by Taliban in eastern Afghanistan on Monday, after their helicopter made an emergency landing.

“Security forces found the helicopter but the nine people were not in it" Rais Khan Sadeq, deputy police chief of Logar province south of Kabul told reporters.

"They are taken by the Taliban. They are Turkish nationals and are nine people including the crew,” Sadeq told AFP.

Hamidullah Hamid, governor of Azr district where the helicopter came down, also said nine Turks on board had been seized by the Taliban.

Hamid said the aircraft, which had came from the eastern city of Khost and was heading for Kabul, belonged to a Turkish company which has a big project in Khost but gave no details.

The International Security Assistance Force in Kabul said the force assisted a search by Afghan authorities for a helicopter but gave no details.

Nine Turks kidnapped by Taliban in eastern Afghanistan

Maybe the Turks spoke too soon. :undecided:

@Armstrong
Man, you're being over-sensitive. I'm not denying anything you said above, I intend no offense. But the fact that we got somehow some help doesn't mean we won by it. Your stance back in those difficult times is not forgotten. The point is that we fought our own damn war and they should fight theirs. It's the only way they can become a real nation.

If Pashtuns in Pakistan are so fvcking nationalists they should go fight for their nation, join Afghan army! We help them financially, as you did. We train their troops, we take care of the wounded but this is Afghanistan's war not ISAF's or anybody else's.
@nick_indian
Just one thing, PKK is a communist-marxist terror organization that doesn't recognize any religion so they can't get along with jihadists or anybody. But whatever happens we'll continue to support Afghan people.
What is your opinion on this? Lets pretend you were Erdogan and there was an "incident" between the Turkish soldiers and some Talibs during your term of office and there were casualties on both sides. Would you pull out all Turkish military assets or stay (and even increase troop numbers)?
My stance in this kind of events is well-known to the forum, IMO any attack against our troops or citizens must be punished. Send in maroon berets and capture/kill those who responsible. That's what I'd do.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hazal Kaya ! :kiss3: I hear shes taken though ! :cray: Dude, the Yanks tried it & so did a dozen other Nations - Guess what ? Afghanistan has whole swathes of area that are under Taliban control & those areas are almost certain to increase once the ISAF presence decreases substantially Post-2014.

haha. Anyways remember the war that we've kicked the all-star team of the 1920 era. Also Pakistans help to be mentioned in it ;)

We deal with Terrorists for 30 years in a much difficult terrain. We will surely slay Talibs with hundreds but for what cause ? Erdogan simply can't explain a single soldiers death to Turkish community.

That's why AKP's ex policy on terrorism has failed for a long time till the current situation. It also simply explains you the number of fallen soldiers. If you're willing to fight sth like terrorism, you should risk to loose troops.
That's called war, and things happens in wars.

If Afghanistan comes under Taliban control , you can expect all sorts of jihadis from around the world to get refuge and training over there ... again... including your PKK. Also being Turks , some Turks may feel that you have some responsibility towards the safety of Uzbeks and Turkmen in Afghanistan and as history shows , their future under Taliban rule , if any future at all , is doomed.

The rest is dependent on your priorities.

Why do you think I care ?

Because I don't want jihadis to be training in Afghanistan and then coming and hitting my country.Every civilised country , including the moderate muslim nation of Turkey which is part of NATO (big mistake in the eyes of jihadis) will experience some kind of a fallout.

Well we were fighing with PKK for 30 years. No one come and fight with them on our behalf.

If Taliban is world's problem than UN must fight with it, not only us.

That's why AKP's ex policy on terrorism has failed for a long time till the current situation. It also simply explains you the number of fallen soldiers. If you're willing to fight sth like terrorism, you should risk to loose troops.
That's called war, and things happens in wars.

Taliban is not our war.

Good job by Turkey.ANA needs training and help(both strategy and field training) form other countries to beat this Taliban menace.After 2014,looks like few thousands of US forces and few other nationals(Germany which will keep upto 800 soldiers,possibly UK,Italy and now Turkey)..India is also providing them training(though I think we should expand this training program).but challenging sector are their non existent air force and poor strength of armoured divisions,that could reign havok in a battle field against Taliban.they needs those Light fighter jets ASAP as well as a lot of armoured cars as well as few light tanks..

Well we were fighing with PKK for 30 years. No one come and fight with them on our behalf.

Taliban is not our war.

Does Turkey really need somebody to come and fight PKK for them ? Are you comparing Turkish army with Afghan army ?

Does Turkey really need somebody to come and fight PKK for them ? Are you comparing Turkish army with Afghan army ?

Of course not :lol: I wanted to point out, no other country will fight another countries terrorists.

Of course not :lol: I wanted to point out, no other country will fight another countries terrorists.

AMISOM in Somalia.

Chadian and French soldiers in Mali.

When a country's armed forces are not ready enough, this is not unheard of. Anyway , i beleve whatever forces of NATO stay after 2014 will be primarily for advise and assist role rather than pure combat.

Rest is upto Turkey and its people.

Taliban is not our war.

check correctly mate. You know there are countries that helped PKK. But those countries also helped us too. Plus, there isn't such a sentence like "Taliban is not our war.". But yes it is. Terrorism is everyones war. Like in the past months european countries arrested many pkk terrorists in their soils. Also a few weeks ago our police sof raided a Al-qaeda house in Konya I guess.

AMISOM in Somalia.

Chadian and French soldiers in Mali.

When a country's armed forces are not ready enough, this is not unheard of. Anyway , i beleve whatever forces of NATO stay after 2014 will be primarily for advise and assist role rather than pure combat.

Rest is upto Turkey and its people.

actually 2014 is the date that combat troops will be removed. But not the trainers. As NATO mentioned before; NTM in Afghanistan will countinue as planned.

check correctly mate. You know there are countries that helped PKK. But those countries also helped us too.
Mate you know what i mean. İntel-sharing doesn't counts. I mean shedding blood.

Plus, there isn't such a sentence like "Taliban is not our war.". But yes it is. Terrorism is everyones war.
Nope, i believe it is still not our problem. There are over 100 terrorist organizations in the world should we go fight with them too ?

Like in the past months european countries arrested many pkk terrorists in their soils. Also a few weeks ago our police sof raided a Al-qaeda house in Konya I guess.

I not saying that we should remain neutral. Intel-sharing, arresting terrorist members in Turkey etc.. no problem at all. But when it comes to going to a foreign country, fighting on actual combat, nope sir. Infact i don't believe anyone in Turkey would support this kind of action. If you are living inTurkey you should know that Turk's are really sensitive about soldier deaths.

Turkey alone in Afghanistan will be weakened. Why do they want to stay in Afghanistan? Let the Talibans take over already, the West needs to accept the fact that they failed to defeat the Talibans.

@Armstrong
Man, you're being over-sensitive. I'm not denying anything you said above, I intend no offense. But the fact that we got somehow some help doesn't mean we won by it. Your stance back in those difficult times is not forgotten. The point is that we fought our own damn war and they should fight theirs. It's the only way they can become a real nation.

I know thats why I attached an emoticon to say that I wasn't offended I was just having a conversation ! :undecided:

I know the Turks are a very brave people & they haven't taken sh*t from no one ! :kiss3:

If Pashtuns in Pakistan are so fvcking nationalists they should go fight for their nation, join Afghan army! We help them financially, as you did. We train their troops, we take care of the wounded but this is Afghanistan's war not ISAF's or anybody else's.

Dude I meant the Pashtuns of Afghanistan - the largest ethnicity there ! :blink:

The Afghan National Army for whatever reason does not appear to have the ownership of all ethnicities partly because many of the so-called Generals are Warlords of the '90s or the Remnants of the Northern Alliance, many of whom committed untold atrocities against each other & were only a shade better than the Taliban !

Our Pashtuns are Patriotic Pakistanis !

Last edited by a moderator:
U.S won't leave. They need to stay there for attack on Iran. We should stay in Afghanistan too to help attack Iran.

Meaow meaow

Puss-In-Boots-eyes.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom