What's new

Yilmaz: Turkish soldiers will stay in Afghanistan even if NATO withdraws

Actually I'd prefer to fight against them rather them being loved by them. I don't mean civilians. Thought, you know whom I meant :)

They'd make Turkish Kebabs out of you - Those Talibs are no joke ! :unsure:

Actually I'd prefer to fight against them rather them being loved by them. I don't mean civilians. Thought, you know whom I meant :)

And the reason for fighting against Taliban............?

They'd make Turkish Kebabs out of you - Those Talibs are no joke ! :unsure:

well yara, i think We won't even have to sent Maroon Berets in there. The Commando brigades of Bolu, Kayseri, Amphibious Marines and 3rd Corps would be pretty enough to handle those killers. Btw it's good to see you my hazal kaya fan! :P

And the reason for fighting against Taliban............?

It's so simple, they're terrorists. Taliban a$ses may not be killing Turkish citizens, but they kill our "Brothers", "Friends", "Allies" citizens. Generally, they kill little children and women. Plus, this is how alliances work. As you see in current crisises, it's very important that being not alone in events like this. As we're not alone in Syria issue, as our allies are not alone in terrorism issue.

("Alliance" kısmından sonra biraz şişirme yaptım. Çünkü halkların gözünde bu işler böyle :))

Come on dude, Turks have a proud history . Ottoman empire and all. What can a bunch of rag tag illiterates like Talibs do ?

Those illiterate Talibs as generations have known nothing but war for the past 3 decades - When that zealotry in battle meets religious fervor - You get a force that can never be subdued only beaten back for them to return in a relentless cycle that repeats over & over again !

Come on dude, Turks have a proud history . Ottoman empire and all. What can a bunch of rag tag illiterates like Talibs do ?

We deal with Terrorists for 30 years in a much difficult terrain. We will surely slay Talibs with hundreds but for what cause ? Erdogan simply can't explain a single soldiers death to Turkish community.

well yara, i think We won't even have to sent Maroon Berets in there. The Commando brigades of Bolu, Kayseri, Amphibious Marines and 3rd Corps would be pretty enough to handle those killers. Btw it's good to see you my hazal kaya fan! :P

Hazal Kaya ! :kiss3:

I hear shes taken though ! :cray:

Dude, the Yanks tried it & so did a dozen other Nations - Guess what ? Afghanistan has whole swathes of area that are under Taliban control & those areas are almost certain to increase once the ISAF presence decreases substantially Post-2014.

U.S won't leave. They need to stay there for attack on Iran. We should stay in Afghanistan too to help attack Iran.

It's so simple, they're terrorists. Taliban a$ses may not be killing Turkish citizens, but they kill our "Brothers", "Friends", "Allies" citizens. Generally, they kill little children and women. Plus, this is how alliances work. As you see in current crisises, it's very important that being not alone in events like this. As we're not alone in Syria issue, as our allies are not alone in terrorism issue.

("Alliance" kısmından sonra biraz şişirme yaptım. Çünkü halkların gözünde bu işler böyle :))

When news of the our dead soldiers arrive, people start to ask " Why are we even there ". Community will highly oppose this.

Good news if the Afghans wish it. There's nothing wrong with Muslim Turkey keeping its troops in Afghanistan. But I highly doubt if Turkey will commit thousands of troops in a nation ravaged by civil war.

Dude, the Yanks tried it & so did a dozen other Nations - Guess what ? Afghanistan has whole swathes of area that are under Taliban control & those areas are almost certain to increase once the ISAF presence decreases substantially Post-2014.

You can't finish Terrorism with killing its members. As long as they have means to recruit new members, its a endless cycle.

You can't finish Terrorism with killing its members. As long as they have means to recruit new members, its a endless cycle.
Doesn't mean you shouldn't kill them. In Afghanistan's case, they need an economy that is strong enough to support Afghan Armed Forces, without some industry they can't win.

When the first step is achieved they need to keep targeting and destroying economical means of Taliban, most importantly drug networks and extortion. Hitting the mountains is the last part. First the cities must be secured, there can't be stability without security. There must be checkpoints and specially trained dogs everywhere.

Cut out their supply lines and they'll bleed out quickly. Meanwhile the logistical means of Afghan government must also be improved, railroads must be the first priority to open Afghan market to Iranian and Pakistani goods and vice versa. Meanwhile the Turkish army must stay there to train a vast army.

Fvck, the things I'd do if I were in Karzai's position.

Doesn't mean you shouldn't kill them. In Afghanistan's case, they need an economy that is strong enough to support Afghan Armed Forces, without some industry they can't win.

When the first step is achieved they need to keep targeting and destroying economical means of Taliban, most importantly drug networks and extortion. Hitting the mountains is the last part. First the cities must be secured, there can't be stability without security. There must be checkpoints and specially trained dogs everywhere.

Cut out their supply lines and they'll bleed out quickly.

Lol. I think militaries of 48 countries have already tried that with hundreds of thousands of troops and trillions of dollars. Didn't work because they were supporting the wrong side.

Even if everything goes according to plan it'll take them decades to have anything close to a sustainable economy & still be able to divert a few billion $$$s each year to combat the Taliban !

Easier said than done specially when the Taliban enjoy grass-root level support & play on the age old Pashtun-Tajik/Uzbek rivalry !

Cut out their supply lines and they'll bleed out quickly.

The Taliban already control whole swathes of Afghan territory & it would be nearly impossible for the Afghan Army to dislodge them from there & if by some miracle they do - They'd come over to our side where the porous border, tribal sensibilities & a few other things would prevent Pakistan from stopping them !

If the Afghan Army were to venture into Pakistani Territory they'd be slaughtered not just by the Pakistan Army but the Tribals themselves !

Lol. I think militaries of 48 countries have already tried that with hundreds of thousands of troops and trillions of dollars. Didn't work because they were supporting the wrong side.
They didn't try sh.t, they always assumed that they'd stay there in short term. They didn't even bring tanks until Canada did. Turkish Army did some real good by constructing schools and hospitals but those are nothing compared to what's needed.
Easier said than done specially when the Taliban enjoy grass-root level support & play on the age old Pashtun-Tajik/Uzbek rivalry !
It's not so negative, when ISAF pack up their bags and leave talibs will no longer have a cause to recruit by jihadist means so there's that.
The Taliban already control whole swathes of Afghan territory & it would be nearly impossible for the Afghan Army to dislodge them from there
What I'm saying is, Afghanistan must establish some sort of economical background in the areas they do control before pursuing any military goals.

Numbers doesn't win the war, morale does. If the areas under government control grows and develops rapidly, it will shake down taliban's control in other parts of the country.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom