What's new

Yamaha motor cycle plant to be inaugurated in Pakistan

Yamaha-FZ-S-FI-Front-Right-Quarter1.jpg

^^^Yamaha FZ and its variants are sold like hot pan cakes in India (they get tight competition too). I guess these babes will be a massive hit in Pakistan too

rising_red_big.jpg

^^^Yamaha Fazer - Not exactly a hit in India, but did well

DSC10234.jpg
DSC10237.jpg

^^^Yamaha R15, the best bike in its category in India :smitten::smitten:

India has a very thriving biking industry .....Pakistan has yet to introduce new designs ....any good project can become a blockbuster ...Pakistani business tycoons should do it ..any youth's first love is a bike not a car ....everyone wants a bike ...there is a minimum margin of failure in such projects in Pakistan !

That's right but for this you need entrepreneurial spirit which seriously lacks in our sethia culture. Here in Pakistan seths want every thing for free. I had a huge opportunity not only in this regards but in software industry as well but reluctance and non-risk taking attitude of investors keeps me at the gates.

pakistan should open its market for indian two wheelers too... bajaj, tvs, etc... would be good for pakistani market...

Then get Bajaj, TVS & Hero to your country
why should we take them? we already have enough bike manufacturing plants.
BTW... all those model you listed are any way the nationalized versions of Honda, Yamaha & Suzuki... local name just help to sell in India. This is Indian psychology where as in Pakistan, brand is more important.

Man thats not fair. You are playing with our emotions :pissed:

this model , REPSOL:

Motocycles___Honda_Bikes__037722_[1].jpg

@SvenSvensonov --- svenny boy, you have bike, too ?

This one is a BEAUTY. I am gonna get one if offered here.

he he he, that it is. :)

I got this one recently.. after being made to wait for 5 months :mad:
RE_Classic_Desert_Storm_Review.jpg

By the way, will the production from yamaha plant cater to local markets or be export oriented?
You need to get some competition asap else base models with high premium will be the case here.

Nice. :)

Which one you would prefer

1077088d1366797907-royal-enfield-thunderbird-500-my-motorcycle-diaries-16.jpg

61091d1344261307-next-big-thing-royal-enfield-re.jpg

001-royal-enfield-200412.jpg

royal-enfield-bike.jpg
Simply awesome. Words cannot describe how wonderful these bikes are....unmatched performance & reliability with classic looks...would love to buy them any day....!!:smitten::smitten::smitten::smitten:

India has a very thriving biking industry .....Pakistan has yet to introduce new designs ....any good project can become a blockbuster ...Pakistani business tycoons should do it ..any youth's first love is a bike not a car ....everyone wants a bike ...there is a minimum margin of failure in such projects in Pakistan !
India has just taken over Japanese motor bike manufacturing plants...
What is missing in Pakistan bike industry? If you wish, you can buy much more than what's available in India!

Yamaha is a good brand ...their bikes are stylish and reliable...flip side, not so good in gear-less bikes!

good for PK

Yamaha-YBR-110.jpg

^^^YBR 110, INR 48,218,Mileage 55Kmpl

main-page-crux.jpg

^^^Yamaha Crux,INR 40,935,Mileage 63KMPL,

These two are the cheapest Yamaha bikes in India, and they can compete with CD70 in terms of Mileage too I guess.
p.s:The ones I posted are commonly available specs, the mileage can be more or less depending on the user.

unchecked troll this is thread about Yamaha in Pakistan.... not Yamaha in India!

yamaha-motor-cycle-plant-to-be-inaugurated-in-pakistan-1421503417-8962.jpg

TOKYO – Minister for Finance Ishaq Dar held a meeting with a high level delegation of Yamaha Motor Corporation here.

The delegation was led by Motorcycle Business Operations, Senior Executive Officer Katsuaki Watanabe. The finance minister welcomed the decision of Yamaha Motors to start business in Pakistan, taking advantage of the new-entrant policy of the government. He informed the delegation that Pakistan offered excellent business and investment opportunities with low labour costs, geographical proximity to the Middle East and Central Asian Republics and South Asia as well as incentives for foreign investors.

He wished the Yamaha delegation the best in its business endeavours in Pakistan and assured that any issues faced by them would be resolved soon. He asked the Yamaha delegation to further market Pakistan by spreading the word about Pakistan's investment conditions amongst other Japanese companies. The Yamaha delegation briefed the finance minister about the progress of work on its motor cycle manufacturing plant.

Dar was informed that the plant would produce 31,000 units in the first year with a localisation of 25 per cent. He was further informed that Yamaha would achieve 55 per cent localisation in three years and 85 per cent in five years. Yamaha delegation stated that the delegation would bring new value to Pakistani market and increase the competitiveness of its industry. Yamaha would initially focus on the domestic Pakistani market and target exports at a later stage.

It was decided that the inauguration of the Yamaha motor cycle manufacturing plant would take place in April this and that Yamaha president would visit Pakistan on the occasion. The meeting was also attended by the Board of Investment chairman, the Pakistan ambassador in Tokyo and other senior officials from the Ministry of Finance and Pakistan Embassy.

Yamaha motor cycle plant to be inaugurated in Pakistan

But Dawood Yamaha Ltd (DYL) is producing Yamaha bikes since long, what's new?? :what:

Home of Pakistan's Motorcycle Company | DYL Motorcycles

Which one you would prefer

1077088d1366797907-royal-enfield-thunderbird-500-my-motorcycle-diaries-16.jpg

61091d1344261307-next-big-thing-royal-enfield-re.jpg

001-royal-enfield-200412.jpg

royal-enfield-bike.jpg

It doesn't matter how much lipstick you put on it, it is still a 1940s pig. People will buy it because of its uniqueness not out of practicality. No one in Pakistan will buy this. Our Dodhwalas will rather buy a Suzuki Pickup than this junk and the pickup will give better milage. This is in the same class as other junk which India continues to produce like the 1940s Ambassador car, the IOF produced 1890s Webley Revolver and the 1940s Stengun.

And those interested in Pakistan's superbike culture check these links:

Islamabad Superbikes Gallery
http://photobucket.com/albums/u243/xtremeracingzone/Islamabad%20Rawalpindi%20Bikes%20Gallery/?start=all

Lahore Superbikes Gallery
http://photobucket.com/albums/u243/xtremeracingzone/Lahore%20Bikes%20Gallery/?start=all

Karachi Superbikes Gallery
http://photobucket.com/albums/u243/xtremeracingzone/Karachi%20Bikes%20Gallery/?start=all

Pak Suzuki Motor Co. Ltd.

Atlas Honda

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom