What's new

Yamaha motor cycle plant to be inaugurated in Pakistan

I have seen pictures of motor cycle plying in Pakistani roads......... This will surely change the standards in Pakistan....... They have some very good models and their quality standards are also high......

They will most probably produce same Gujjar modal which is already on roads of Pakistan not the fancy toys shown in picture.

They will most probably produce same Gujjar modal which is already on roads of Pakistan not the fancy toys shown in picture.

I think even their 150 cc bikes (which we have) would be a great start. The FZ is already pretty much a cult here. Also the R15. Not the fastest, but great handling and build quality. Definitely bikers' bikes.

As a starter I want Yamaha YZR-125 the bike has the looks of a heavy bike which it is though, but has 125 cc engine which is also cost effective for Pakistani market and is less dangerous compared to 600cc and 1,000 cc monsters.

As a starter I want Yamaha YZR-125 the bike has the looks of a heavy bike which it is though, but has 125 cc engine which is also cost effective for Pakistani market and is less dangerous compared to 600cc and 1,000 cc monsters.

We have the same one in 150 cc. Looks like a proper racer. I did not know it came in 125 cc as well. In fact news on the grapevine is that we will soon be getting a bigger 250 cc twin from Yamaha.

I think even their 150 cc bikes (which we have) would be a great start. The FZ is already pretty much a cult here. Also the R15. Not the fastest, but great handling and build quality. Definitely bikers' bikes.

Most loyal customers of Yahama are these folks in Pakistan

upload_2015-1-19_11-42-39.jpeg

Most loyal customers of Yahama are these folks in Pakistan
For these guys too Yamaha has the Crux (excellent workhorse) and the YBX (excellent low cc rally and motocross bike).

Putting our traditional rivalry/angst/whatever you wish to call it aside, it is really sad to see your masses ride bikes which we had and moved up from in the early 80s. In fact even then, i don't think India ever had a 70 or 80 cc. The starting range was 100 cc. The 80 cc were the mopeds and step-throughs (like M80 based on the Honda Cub).

For these guys too Yamaha has the Crux (excellent workhorse) and the YBX (excellent low cc rally and motocross bike).

Putting our traditional rivalry/angst/whatever you wish to call it aside, it is really sad to see your masses ride bikes which we had and moved up from in the early 80s. In fact even then, i don't think India ever had a 70 or 80 cc. The starting range was 100 cc. The 80 cc were the mopeds and step-throughs (like M80 based on the Honda Cub).

I don't think there is anything offensive or sad here, These classic model have more demand in Pakistan even today among common folks as these modals can accommodate their whole family.

We have the same one in 150 cc. Looks like a proper racer. I did not know it came in 125 cc as well. In fact news on the grapevine is that we will soon be getting a bigger 250 cc twin from Yamaha.

I think for subcontinent 250 cc is enough, because the roads are not that great compared to what folks have in other parts of the world and most importantly fuel is expensive to feed these monsters. So If I ever get a chance I'll start with YZR-125 and then maybe Kawasaki Ninja 300. :ph34r:

I don't think there is anything offensive or sad here, These classic model have more demand in Pakistan even today among common folks as these modals can accommodate their whole family.

Yes, we have such work-horse commuters here too. But they are about 30 years ahead in looks, equipment, handling, braking, technology, performance and gadgetry compared to what your common folk get to ride. That was my point.

I think for subcontinent 250 cc is enough, because the roads are not that great compared to what folks have in other parts of the world and most importantly fuel is expensive to feed these monsters. So If I ever get a chance I'll start with YZR-125 and then maybe Kawasaki Ninja 300. :ph34r:

That's not really true bro. Its just that you do not have access, that's all.

We definitely have the roads, for mass bikes like KTMs which do upward of 170-180 kmph. So if we do, am sure you do too. I heard your Lahore Karachi road system is quite good. Also Islamabad and around.

On the fuel, I am having orgasms every time I fill fuel nowadays. From almost paying close to 80 at one time in the very recent past, I am now paying 64. And from trends worldwide, does not look like petrol prices are going to go back up to the crazy 100 dollar a barrel levels ever again.

The Ninja 300 is a great bike no doubt. But too over priced in India, at over 4 lacs.

Yes, we have such work-horse commuters here too. But they are about 30 years ahead in looks, equipment, handling, braking, technology, performance and gadgetry compared to what your common folk get to ride. That was my point.

Maybe you are right as i don't know tech details of bikes, infect i can't drive bike :eek:

Just askling, how does the pakistani indigenious bike makers see this move? AFAIK. most of them are churning out replicas of early 70s/80s hondas...
I guess a few years back bajaj had shown great interest in entering pakistani market , but the domestic makers opposed the move. Dunno but heard that pulsars are smuggled into pakistan

yamaha-motor-cycle-plant-to-be-inaugurated-in-pakistan-1421503417-8962.jpg

TOKYO – Minister for Finance Ishaq Dar held a meeting with a high level delegation of Yamaha Motor Corporation here.

The delegation was led by Motorcycle Business Operations, Senior Executive Officer Katsuaki Watanabe. The finance minister welcomed the decision of Yamaha Motors to start business in Pakistan, taking advantage of the new-entrant policy of the government. He informed the delegation that Pakistan offered excellent business and investment opportunities with low labour costs, geographical proximity to the Middle East and Central Asian Republics and South Asia as well as incentives for foreign investors.

He wished the Yamaha delegation the best in its business endeavours in Pakistan and assured that any issues faced by them would be resolved soon. He asked the Yamaha delegation to further market Pakistan by spreading the word about Pakistan's investment conditions amongst other Japanese companies. The Yamaha delegation briefed the finance minister about the progress of work on its motor cycle manufacturing plant.

Dar was informed that the plant would produce 31,000 units in the first year with a localisation of 25 per cent. He was further informed that Yamaha would achieve 55 per cent localisation in three years and 85 per cent in five years. Yamaha delegation stated that the delegation would bring new value to Pakistani market and increase the competitiveness of its industry. Yamaha would initially focus on the domestic Pakistani market and target exports at a later stage.

It was decided that the inauguration of the Yamaha motor cycle manufacturing plant would take place in April this and that Yamaha president would visit Pakistan on the occasion. The meeting was also attended by the Board of Investment chairman, the Pakistan ambassador in Tokyo and other senior officials from the Ministry of Finance and Pakistan Embassy.

Yamaha motor cycle plant to be inaugurated in Pakistan

This is a good news. Having 2 wheeler local productions in country like Pakistan which uses a lots of 2 wheelers is very good not only from economic point of view but also from the point of view of utility, domestic industry development also. It will bring in some good Japanese discipline and corporate culture in Pakistan.

Allow few more companies open up their factories, preferably Honda, Suzuki, These guys fight for market share...... And once they start competing with each other, then that is the time they will start bringing up good models........ That will put pressure on local manufactures ( i dono if you have any) they will also start improving their product portfolio...... The product upgrade will happen slowly and it will take time to get some fancy models to your country......

yea we need more industry here bring it as it will help the economy .....

Back
Top Bottom