What's new

Y-20 taxi and first flight

this should be in a sticky thread,after all only a few countries can build trnasport crafts.

Who will be another important U.S official to visit China for China to release such interesting picutres? :lol:

I Think roughly Y-20 is slightly small then C-17 GM III compared to Kawasaki C-1 which is spin off of C-17 and much smaller if we check the general characteristics. So it seems Y-20 would be either equal or slightly smaller then C-17.

33jljxl.jpg

I wonder why transporters are not armed with some type of machine guns? It could afford it. It seems that it'll be quite handy if have one, so that at least it could serve as a form of minimum self -defence under special circumstances instead of, what, open the back door and shoot with semi-automatic pistols?

I wonder why transporters are not armed with some type of machine guns? It could afford it. It seems that it'll be quite handy if have one, so that at least it could serve as a form of minimum self -defense under special circumstances instead of, what, open the back door and shoot with semi-automatic pistols?

Which Transport would that be if it is C-17GM/IL-76 or similar Transports, They have better survivability that is better Armor and needs no such guns but generally AC-130/U Variants are mission oriented perhaps as far as USAF is concerned they have deployed to such areas AC-130s which carry guns with it for any ground fire and protection. China should try this with Y-9 infact Y-8s should exit in favor of Y-9 Variants.

I Think roughly Y-20 is slightly small then C-17 GM III compared to Kawasaki C-1 which is spin off of C-17 and much smaller if we check the general characteristics. So it seems Y-20 would be either equal or slightly smaller then C-17.

33jljxl.jpg

Y-20 is even bigger than C-17, just look at the cockpit glass panel size will know roughly how big is it...

Y-20 is even bigger than C-17, just look at the cockpit glass panel size will know roughly how big is it...

We don't know the specs yet but I don't think Y-20 is bigger than C-17.

it looks as though PLAAF lifted the engines directly from the IL-76 and slapped it on to this aircraft.

China Y-20 photo leaked```bad image quality though`!
p.aspx
[/URL][/IMG]

p.aspx
[/URL][/IMG]

doesnt look big`````

p.aspx
[/URL][/IMG]

it is said the maximum load was around 50 metric tons, using 4 D-30 turbofan engines

Back
Top Bottom