What's new

World's first Tiananmen massacre museum opens in Hong Kong

JayAtl

BANNED
Reaction score
World's first Tiananmen massacre museum opens in Hong Kong

Tiananmen_2896036b.jpg

The world’s first permanent museum dedicated to the 1989 Tiananmen crackdown has opened in Hong Kong, nearly a quarter of a century since protesters were massacred by Chinese troops in and around Beijing’s iconic square.

Andrew Lam, the curator of the 800 sq ft museum which opened on Saturday in the former British colony, told The Telegraph he hoped it would force the Communist Party into admitting its crimes.
World's first Tiananmen massacre museum opens in Hong Kong - Telegraph

History needs to remember and articulate these events and not get swiped under the floor of barbaric governments.

IM sure the pic of the charred body of the "supposed" soldier with a perfectly fine cap will make its way here

........ that they cannot brainwash away history
IM sure the pic of the charred body of the "supposed" soldier with a perfectly fine cap will make its way here

History needs to remember and articulate these events and not get swiped under the floor of barbaric governments.

would it make you feel better if the ccp divides in to and callone the bunnies party the other puppy's party and hold elections?

Cause the people on top are not there because of any special favours they are there because they are capable. You can say bribing and such.

But I seen actual "account" men at work, these guys are masters of a craft, only very few people can be like them.

would it make you feel better if the ccp divides in to and callone the bunnies party the other puppy's party and hold elections?
Cause the people on top are not there because of any special favours they are there because they are capable. You can say bribing and such.
But I seen actual "account" men at work, these guys are masters of a craft, only very few people can be like them

Whose talking about a collapse? Its about people knowing what actually happened without any restriction or doctoring, from sources beyond the mainland. If the people are made aware,and the current govt clamps down on the evild doers it would do more good .
The fact is a false story is never kept alive for the sake of it.There were unfortunate events that day,and there were common folks who were persecuted, whose pain neither me nor you can even begin to grasp. This is their effort to bring out the story.

Whose talking about a collapse? Its about people knowing what actually happened without any restriction or doctoring, from sources beyond the mainland. If the people are made aware,and the current govt clamps down on the evild doers it would do more good .
The fact is a false story is never kept alive for the sake of it.There were unfortunate events that day,and there were common folks who were persecuted, whose pain neither me nor you can even begin to grasp. This is their effort to bring out the story.

yea, what's the end game? Just remember for the sake of remembering? Or for some kind of movement? Democratic movement?

What I'm saying is exactly what would happen if and when democracy happens, as all democracies are created this way.

yea, what's the end game? Just remember for the sake of remembering? Or for some kind of movement? Democratic movement?
What I'm saying is exactly what would happen if and when democracy happens, as all democracies are created this way
The end game is whether the common man will accept the political setup as-is , when factual accounts of wrong doing of the government begins to trickle to him-uninhibited,unrestricted. Can the current government take such a gamble?

I wonder if India will have the freedom to produce museum to show the massacres of Sikhs in 1984.

Or America to show its crimes in Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, Ukraine, Serbia, Latin America, Africa, etc.

I wonder if India will have the freedom to produce museum to show the massacres of Sikhs in 1984.

Or America to show its crimes in Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, Ukraine, Serbia, Latin America, Africa, etc.

those are free countries anyone can do whatever... but in yours you whitewashed and brainwashed history away..

'...The gift shop sells USB memory drives containing information and images related to the killings. Museum founders hope visitors will smuggle the data sticks over the border into mainland China where discussion of the crackdown remains off-limits...'

That guy, Andrew Lam is going to 'disappear'.

those are free countries anyone can do whatever... but in yours you whitewashed and brainwashed history away..

But where is the museum to the mass ace of 30 million Sikhs in 1984?

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom