What's new

Heroes of Tiananmen Square, Where Are They Now

I hope the Chinese get freedom from their dictatorship and the Chinese on PDF get their dues paid by the CPC.

I don't know what would have happened, but I do know what DID happen.

2nd GDP, massive increase in per capita, highest growth rate for a long time, and even now it's one of the best.

So would it have been better under democracy? maybe, but it's also not bad at present.

Democracy isn't an answer for everything my fellow.

:china:

China would get colonized again if those dissidents succeeded in overthrowing CPC.

But remember, CPC is a hundred years old party that got tested through history, they have survived against the massacre from KMT, against the invasion of the Japanese fascists, against the Korean War, against the Soviet Social-Imperialism, etc.

CPC is born warrior, while those dissidents are nothing but rats.

The CPC gains its legitimacy from its own nation, historic achievements, and its economic might. Nations can't impose democracy on other nations by bombing them, perhaps that's why China is what it is now.

Heroes of Sichuan earthquake of 2008 and 2013, heroes of Chinese liberation fighters against the Japanese Imperial invasion and atrocities have also to be remembered and comemorated just like the millions of innocent death including women and children. The West like to be selective and commemorate only the Tiananmen which had been a missed opportunity for the West to dismantle and colonize China.

we do not have any white masters.

It is india who follow its white masters for the past three decades.

Asking the world and see who is the one, between China and india, that has white masters???

You rely on the white masters for your economy and your people are getting surgically repaired to have white features. So if anyone is slave to whites it is you guys.

Hit a nerve I see :lol:

ok, why don't ask the Chinese people whether those guys are heroes to them???

Do not speak for them and ask them at first???

In addition, why don't you ask those guys who were at 1989 tiananmen square and whether they can call them heroes at all???

BTW, most of them are in overseas countries, e.g. U.S., west europe, Canada and etc...

Just ask them...:)

heroes to the billion Chinese who need freedom.. but not to paid ccp members.

So?..................... Are you telling us all how racist hong kongers are and existence of some racial discrimination hierarchy there? :woot:

there are racist people every where. I'm just responding to this one post about how people of HK look down on mainlander. The fact is that some may do, the those same people regard Indians maybe worse than Africans.

Some heores of Tiananmen sqaure massacre are still in PLA. Most of them must have retired by now due to old age..

Zhao Ziyang at the square talking to the TAM protesters. The guy behind him is his protege. None other then Wen Jiabao who later became the 3rd most powerful man in China.

How about the heros of June 6 ?

The irony is that whoever those west deemed as heroes, are already thrown into the historical garbage cans in China now.

Those who have courage standing in TAM square then now are just puppies of the west. They have lost all of their original belief and the only thing they know how to do is to lick their white master's axxes. It is just so disappointing.

First of all, I am 100% Chinese. But I do not agree with some of my fellow citizens' opinions on the Tiananmen incident. To me, those students were heroes at that time. I am still in the favor of those students. The CCP knows very well the history from May 4th movement in 1919. So, they did what they had to do. As shown in the above photo, Wen was one of the few high-ranking officials to be in that place at that time. Although I do not agree with most of Wen's policies (I think a lot of people in China do not either), I will give him the credit for that. At least it shows sth of him. In my opinion, the current generation of Chinese youngsters lacks the courage or the passion. If we go back two decades ago, that was the generation with most courage and passion, although some of my fellow citizens may disagree.
However, "democracy" in China should be gradually implemented. To what degree, I do not know. Otherwise, China will be in bloodshed again and nothing good would happen to my country. In terms of freedom of speech, I think a lot of outsiders do not really know what is happening in China. If you know Chinese well, pls go to sohu.com or other websites, and check out the comments made there. Both central and local governments are under extreme pressures from the public. Although I personally do not like CCP (a lot of people do not, judged from the above mentioned comments), at least things started to change in China. In my opinion again, we Chinese should be smart in terms of how to move things around and of how to reform our political system (western-style democracy probably will bring too much chaos to China). There is still a hope from Xi.

almost half a century passed,what's the point to talk about something that only old people in China still have some vague memoris of.glad that Indians still deeply remember that and worship those activists,thank you.

However, "democracy" in China should be gradually implemented. To what degree, I do not know.

Taiwan can help you with that.

Taiwan is 1000x better than the failure mainland China.

You must be feel so suffering under the communist. I understand, there are a lot of story about Chinese people suffering and oppression under the communist.

Heroes of Sichuan earthquake of 2008 and 2013, heroes of Chinese liberation fighters against the Japanese Imperial invasion and atrocities have also to be remembered and comemorated just like the millions of innocent death including women and children. The West like to be selective and commemorate only the Tiananmen which had been a missed opportunity for the West to dismantle and colonize China.

You speak exactly like what happened in Taiwan...

We are celebrating Tiananmen square protest every year, while no one ever mentioned about Heroes of Sichuan earthquake. Actually we talk a lot about Sichuan earthquake corruption and how evil the communist officials are.

I would say it's more of a mouth piece of the CIA.

You can get a free copy of Epoch Times in every street corner "newspaper box" in NYC Chinese communities and major US cities. We are talking about major funding here so it doesn't take a genius to guess where the money's coming from since the oversea Chinese communities do not fund such endeavors. Taiwan probably contribute too.

These Falun Gong fools (the followers who do the leg works) are totally brainwashed by their leadership, who are on the payrolls of CIA/Taiwan elements. There's nothing religious about them anymore but a bunch of sorry looking propagandists for outsiders who want harm to the Chinese Government.

Sure, their efforts do influence the thinking of some Oversea Chinese but, judging by their circulation, most don't bother to read them.

Well, it's true that we have close relationship with Falun Gong. How did you figure it out?

Tiananmen will always be celebrated and remembered each year.

It's a GREAT SYMBOL of Chinese DEMOCRACY.

It's 1000x more importance than the Sichuan earthquake.

It's 1000x more importance than the Chinese New Year.

It's 1000x more importance than the Yellow Emperor birthday.

But it definitely less importance than Christmas.

Even if Chinese civilization destroyed and forgotten, we will never ever forget Tiananmen protest. ALL Chinese people should grateful to people who make it happen, USA.

Sorry dude, but hostile minds won't solve anything and suffering is a rather exaggeration.Be cool. If mainland China can learn from Taiwan about sth good, why not? However, sometimes, it is really annoying to argue with people that try their best to trash other people and so they can stand out and look superior (just like Christmas, which I really do not understand what you mean by that, a holiday or Jesus). If this is the way of freedom of speech, pls just keep it. BTW, i am just curious, how many times do you think US is better than Taiwan, or maybe even worse? I lived in US and NZ long enough to get some pictures from both sides' stories based on west and Chinese media. To me, west media is more biased towards China, which definitely makes mainland Chinese to suspect the real intents of west. Just like the arrogant people, it won't solve anything either.

Sorry dude, but hostile minds won't solve anything and suffering is a rather exaggeration.Be cool. If mainland China can learn from Taiwan about sth good, why not? However, sometimes, it is really annoying to argue with people that try their best to trash other people and so they can stand out and look superior (just like Christmas, which I really do not understand what you mean by that, a holiday or Jesus). If this is the way of freedom of speech, pls just keep it. BTW, i am just curious, how many times do you think US is better than Taiwan, or maybe even worse? I lived in US and NZ long enough to get some pictures from both sides' stories based on west and Chinese media. To me, west media is more biased towards China, which definitely makes mainland Chinese to suspect the real intents of west. Just like the arrogant people, it won't solve anything either.

One day you will understand.

Taiwan media is like US media, exactly like you said. Biased...But we believe we know everything about mainland China. While ignorant mainlanders is being fooled by their government, their opinions are misleading.

So after living in US and NZ long enough...what is your comparison between them and mainland China? Do you like US over China? Does US democracy far better than China? Should CCP step down? Or China is actually in the right track and have a lot of advantages over US?

This will be interesting...a lot people want to hear your opinion here.

Back
Top Bottom