What's new

Will not order more , but OK with Export : IAF on Tejas Mk-1

If HAL can produce fighter on par with Jf17, i think IAF won't hestitate to order 200 of it.

JF-17 Block I is surely cost effective and compatible and will be more enhanced after upgrading to JF-17 Block II....

Now return to topic....
After experiencing Tejas Mk-I....
Good luck with your journey to Tejas Mk-II....:-)
Just compare radar of blk 2 with mk1 even Tvr will be still great and RCS too.western BVR vs Chinese one best of luck i think you will do some self Assessment before reaching any conclusions

If HAL can produce fighter on par with Jf17, i think IAF won't hestitate to order 200 of it.
IAF will Better considered to buy off self f-16 rather to buy what you are talking about

You people didn't get it.. Hulwai apne shop ki Mithai khud nahi khata.

Then more mirages-2000 will be the better options.I even considered j-10 better option over this
India already choose Rafale, why mirages-2000 again? i don't know what you are talking about, completely chaos in logic.

India already choose Rafale, why mirages-2000 again? i don't know what you are talking about, completely chaos in logic.
even what you said is bizarre statement your saying IAF will buy fighter which even your airforce rejected even after knowing the fact its Chinese made .

View attachment 147448

According to sources close to idrw.org , IAF has informed MOD and DRDO
that it has No Objection if Tejas MK-1 will be offered for Export to
other interested countries but also confirmed that it will not order
more then 40 Tejas MK-1 , which will form 2 Squadrons in its fleet.

IAF plans to commission first Squadron by end of 2017, when all
aircrafts are delivered to them , first aircraft of serial Production
(SP-1 ) which has already taken its first flight recently and second
SP-2 will take its first flight by end of 2014 both aircrafts will be
handed over to Aircraft & Systems Testing Establishment (ASTE) which is
a unit of the Indian Air Force (IAF) that evaluates aircraft and systems
for induction into IAF . ASTE will also carry out user trials and
prepare training manuals for new pilot training in future .

First Tejas Squadron “No. 45 Flying Daggers” will become operational
only when SP-3 to SP-6 are delivered to them by mid of 2015 and will
reach full Squadron strength by 2017. HAL will deliver first 20 aircraft
in IOC configuration and another 20 more in the final operational
clearance format.

Recently after Prime minister Modi’s Defence Export Push, DRDO is
preparing list of weapons which will be cleared for export and Home
grown Tejas MK-1 figures in the list . DRDO has not confirmed if any
country is interested in Purchase of Tejas MK-1 but it seems DRDO wants
to get all approvals before Exports Policies are framed , so Export
potentials can be exploited .

Source : Will not order more , but OK with Export : IAF on Tejas Mk-1 | idrw.org
So they accept it is a disaster now are some Indians still ready to defend this jet ?

Tejas is already superior to JF-17 so your logic is a fail. We aren't as cash-strapped as Pakistanis, we want modern jets comparable with contemporary jets for the low end of IAF.

So they accept it is a disaster now are some Indians still ready to defend this jet ?
Only if you define a 'disaster' as an aircraft filling two combat squadrons of one of the best airforce in the world,which also has offered full support for the advanced variants.

No offence but jf17 is crap
And IAF will not go for it.......

Even in the current config there isn't much difference between thunder and tejas....

No one knows what is the ASR for mk2......until it comes.....all we can do is speculate

Tejas is already superior to JF-17 so your logic is a fail. We aren't as cash-strapped as Pakistanis, we want modern jets comparable with contemporary jets for the low end of IAF.
Tejas is a disaster JF-17 is way superior than Tejas which has turned out to be garbage

Back
Top Bottom