What's new

Will not order more , but OK with Export : IAF on Tejas Mk-1

Tejas will be in operation with the IAF for at least 30 years. The jet needs to be at least as good as Gripen if we are to induct it now as it will face obsoletion very soon.
Tejas is nowhere near Grippen, it's a failed project until now. IAF has the access to the best fighters in the world , so they look down on the indigenous fighter. As a Chinese, i hope IAF buy more weapon from outside that PLAAF will easily defeat it during conflict.

It will be worth it today but it won't come out in 20 years, when its outdated.
It will be gud for the next 2-3 decades...
that's why iaf is waiting for mk2 and not procuring mk1 in mass numbers

In the current config.....mk1 is a gen 4 fighter better than mig21 and comparable to the likes of thunder and gripen if not better

Tejas is nowhere near Grippen, it's a failed project until now. IAF has the access to the best fighters in the world , so they look down on the indigenous fighter

Very well said. Ain't that the truth.dont Indian pilots deserve the best planes. Separate development from defensive needs.

In the second post even most Indians agree that LCA is a piece of junk. Good for Indians
What the Indians agreed is that no one would buy LCA for completely unrelated reasons. I don't think anyone would buy that cheap copy Joke-31 if they can buy F-35, would they? Or for that matter another cheap copy Joke-15 when Su-33 is available. By your logic they are also a piece of junk.

What the Indians agreed is that no one would buy LCA for completely unrelated reasons. I don't think anyone would buy that cheap copy Joke-31 if they can buy F-35, would they? Or for that matter another cheap copy Joke-15 when Su-33 is available. By your logic they are also a piece of junk.
FYI, Russian su33 had halted production. We are the only provider of same kind in the world now !

The Chinese plane can provide value if it's not over priced for a fifth generation fighter. So it could have potential in the third world markets. The case can be made for LCA if it came out in 1990.

Ok.....The final answer which everyone should agree is that we Indians are way behind in making a successful aircraft.....8-)

Ok.....The final answer which everyone should agree is that we Indians are way behind in making a successful aircraft.....8-)
Only 3 countries have made a successful fighter till date....
and that list doesn't include either India or China

The Chinese plane can provide value if it's not over priced for a fifth generation fighter. So it could have potential in the third world markets. The case can be made for LCA if it came out in 1990.
Well... then good luck to China.
Whether or not LCA is exported, its objective was to help replace the role of Mig-21 in the IAF i.e Interception/Point Defence and it will fulfill that role albeit after much delay. If you wanted to understand why we couldn't make LCA in 1990 then maybe we could talk but you are here to troll, so.......well.....troll:sick:

Back
Top Bottom