What's new

Will not order more , but OK with Export : IAF on Tejas Mk-1

How you define a successful fighter?
It depends.....

I don't see a successful engine there hence was my comment.....

Every fighter is successful as well as unsuccessful by some standard.....

They haven't made an engine till date
If I go by ur definition sir....then I will include India in the list as well
You have been in this forum for a while, go check China Defence thread you will see more fighter with WS10A/G/H. The recent big event is a Chinese made J11B with WS10A engine intercepted a US navy P8A in the South China sea.

They haven't made an engine till date
If I go by ur definition sir....then I will include India in the list as well

Sir Shenyang WS-10 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia , Xian WS-15 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia , Guizhou WS-13 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ....+ there are many more....

Chengdu J-10 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

J10 Engine.JPG

Shenyang J-15 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

J15 Engine.JPG

Fitted with indigenously made WS10A Engine ( J15 )

Capture.JPG

Capture2.JPG

Capture3.JPG

You have been in this forum for a while, go check China Defence thread you will see more fighter with WS10A/G/H. The recent big event is a Chinese made J11B with WS10A engine intercepted a US navy P8A in the South China sea.
That's why I said it depends.....
Kaveri produces 80.5kn but that is not enuff to power lca so we say its not successful till date......but it doesn't change the fact that it still produces enuf thrust for some other fighter say a trainer and is successful in itself..

Similarly,the ws10a that is a rip off of al31 has less lifespan due to some design defects....
I m not saying it's a failure......I m saying its a failure by some standard it was supposed to achieve....

It all depends

At least 200 plus fighters in PLAAF and PLA navy had installed WS10 series engines, J11B/J11A/J15/J16. WS15 power J20, will be ready before year 2018.
634974977830775479ws15.jpg

At least 200 plus fighters in PLAAF and PLA navy had installed WS10 series engines, J11B/J11A/J15/J16. WS15 power J20, will be ready before year 2018.
634974977830775479ws15.jpg
Inducting something doesn't always means it's gud.......
that's because of some policies......

India,US believes in developing first then inducting......China believes in opposite...
I.e...induct and keep improving e.g..thunder
Which is gud for China....

Consider an example......if IAF inducts mk1 in large numbers......will it make mk1 a successful jet as opposed to ur perceived notion of it being a failure

LCA project is alive and kicking, Mk1, Mk2 and further versions will keep coming. And when the count of LCAs will be done in future the versions won't be counted the LCAs will be counted.
here new LCA trainer took flight today only<proof that LCA project is not ending with Mk1, many spin offs will be developed>
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B167A6KCMAAPMTg.jpg:large
B167A6KCMAAPMTg.jpg:large

china still have a long way to go to match western or even russian engine tech., the WS series are rip off of AL-31 series of engines but still have many performance and especially durability issues.
Kaveri has mainly performance issues with low thrust being produced as of now as IAF changed the requirements mid way for thrust current kaveri thrust meets the original goals.

china still have a long way to go to match western or even russian engine tech., the WS series are rip off of AL-31 series of engines but still have many performance and especially durability issues.
Kaveri has mainly performance issues with low thrust being produced as of now as IAF changed the requirements mid way for thrust current kaveri thrust meets the original goals.

I read some where that the durability issue is resolved.

WS10's core engine is reference from CMF56, I think you Indians shall search more detail to understand your rivalry.

I read some where that the durability issue is resolved.

chinese don't have an open press policy so nothing will come out, India can fit kaveri to LCA right now and you will see them nicely in air shows and military forums. But as per IAF current requirements they will never be happy with it and go public with it that GTRE/DRDO is pushing under powered engines same thing can never happen in china.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom