What's new

Will not order more , but OK with Export : IAF on Tejas Mk-1

Tejas exports are going to be difficult, in fact weapons exports in general by india is not that developed.

1. A large chunk of the aircraft is "foreign", engine is from the US, radar will contain israeli tech and then add to that european tech. All this will handicap the export potential for the tejas.
2. The tejas isnt as cheap as youd think, at least $26m each for the IAF. So for exports youd have to add to that development costs, support etc, the price will easily go north of $40m each and for that price your gonna get more bang for your buck from the chinese and russians.
3. The most important part though is that indian PSUs like HAL arent that experienced in the marketing department.
No hopes are being held for export of Tejas and neither is there any requirement for it.Main issue is if the fighter is meeting requirements of IAF or not.

Iaf at its furkin best. Bloody theives they want more rishwat.

Itvwill be better if iaf realise real aukat of India. thry should be havibg a doctrine which include such local jets.

these idiots themselves kept changing requirements. Now playing richie rich.

is j-17 block 1 is failure??
It will get updated to block-2 standard.
jf-17 is not a tech savvy fighter, it is an alternative to air forces like PAF to acquire the capabilities of already established fighters at low costs.
The moment you start comparing tejas to jf-17, you flush your decades long effort along with all the money into the drain.

It will get updated to block-2 standard.
jf-17 is not a tech savvy fighter, it is an alternative to air forces like PAF to acquire the capabilities of already established fighters at low costs.
The moment you start comparing tejas to jf-17, you flush your decades long effort along with all the money into the drain.
Then tejas is updated to tejas Mk2, The primary role of LCA is to Replace Mig-21 & 23 and give Back Support to Mainstream fighters like Mki,Rafale,mig-29 etc in distance future.Please go bother to check IAF Doctrine of 2:1 of 1 mki supported by 2 bison's
and thing about wasting money the R&D and technical evaluations gathered in LCA project are further used to Build next Platform which is Tejas Mk2.

Then tejas is updated to tejas Mk2, The primary role of LCA is to Replace Mig-21 & 23 and give Back Support to Mainstream fighters like Mki,Rafale,mig-29 etc is distance future.Please go bother to check IAF Doctrine of 2:1 of 1 mki supported by 2 bison's
and thing about wasting money the R&D and technical evaluations gathered in LCA project are further used to Build next Platform which is Tejas Mk2.
My whole assumption was based on that argument from your countryman that it cannot be upgraded to mk-2 due to structural changes.

My whole assumption was based on that argument from your countryman that it cannot be upgraded to mk-2 due to structural changes.
Let it be there assumptions As per my Knowledge the Designing stage of tejas Mk2 is already on its away .LRDE AESA has been developing Codename 'UTTAM'of Mk2.Plus 99 GE-414 engines Already ordered from US you can Easily finds Links of it on ADA site and other sources on Internet.
..:: India Strategic ::. IAF: India finalizes agreement for GE 414 engine for indigenous Light Combat Aircraft

Then tejas is updated to tejas Mk2, The primary role of LCA is to Replace Mig-21 & 23 and give Back Support to Mainstream fighters like Mki,Rafale,mig-29 etc in distance future.Please go bother to check IAF Doctrine of 2:1 of 1 mki supported by 2 bison's
Please do tell me how mk1 will be updated to mk2??
mK1 is structurally different than mk2 and there is no way mk1 can be upgraded to mk2 otherwise we would have upgraded it to mk2 standards instead of building a new fighter(mk2).

Simple words for the understanding of people....
JF-17 Block I is a success and further it can be upgraded without changing in its structural design which will be JF-17 Block II....

But in case of Tejas Mk I, most of neutral sources said that its a maintenance nightmares, and after each test flight it takes several days to get the aircraft in shape to fly again.....

But according to your own sources there will be structural changes in Tejas Mk II which is just like designing a new air craft....
So good luck with your new adventure....:-)

Please do tell me how mk1 will be updated to mk2??
mK1 is structurally different than mk2 and there is no way mk1 can be upgraded to mk2 otherwise we would have upgraded it to mk2 standards instead of building a new fighter(mk2).
That is already Known but its Not Some Major Structural changes But Tejas Mk 2 will have a length of 14.2 metres (1 metre more than that of the Tejas Mk 1, for incorporating a stretched nose section and a modified fuselage section aft of the cockpit for housing an expanded complement of mission avionics LRUs), height of 4.6 metres (as opposed to 4.4 metres of the Tejas Mk 1, to accommodate an enlarged vertical tail-section) and a wingspan of 8.2 metres, same as that of the Tejas Mk 1, that, however with an increased wing area. External stores capacity will be boosted to 5,000 kg (as opposed to 4,000 kg for the Tejas Mk 1), while the twin internal air-intake ducts will be minimally enlarged to cater to the increased airflow requirements of the 98 kN thrust F414-GE-INS6 turbofan built by GE Aero Engines. But the Basic Design will Same as Lca mk1. Your comparing Of LCA mk2 will be hell lot different from Mk1 is Wrong you Can say its Mk1 with new Modifications

Last edited:
Simple words for the understanding of people....
JF-17 Block I is a success and further it can be upgraded without changing in its structural design which will be JF-17 Block II....

But in case of Tejas Mk I, most of neutral sources said that its a maintenance nightmares, and after each test flight it takes several days to get the aircraft in shape to fly again.....

But according to your own sources there will be structural changes in Tejas Mk II which is just like designing a new air craft....
So good luck with your new adventure....:-)
really As per My knowledge Jf-17 blk-1 have under power performance against Lca more Rcs,Under power Radar ,basically low TVR so they created blk -2

really As per My knowledge Jf-17 blk-1 have under power performance against Lca more Rcs,Under power Radar ,basically low TVR so they created blk -2

Then you should have to trust in your knowledge that JF-17 is not comparable with Tejas....
If it makes you feel better....:coffee:

Then you should have to trust in your knowledge that JF-17 is not comparable with Tejas....
If it makes you feel better....:coffee:
I talk about jf-17 Blk1 if it was so compatible why Paf need to develop Blk 2

I talk about jf-17 Blk1 if it was so compatible why Paf need to develop Blk 2
JF-17 Block I is surely cost effective and compatible and will be more enhanced after upgrading to JF-17 Block II....
And its the need of time....

Now return to topic....
After experiencing Tejas Mk-I....
Good luck with your journey to Tejas Mk-II....:-)

Back
Top Bottom