What's new

Will Indian Army shoot its own people?

Will Indian army shot its own people?

• Total voters
Look at your own first Guru's history...
Sikhism has borrowed alot of Sufi Islam concepts...

Why do you think you call your God "Rabb" which is Arabic?
Language can have various influences.Just look at guru nanak dev history,he travelled upto mecca and medina and had two muslim disciples bala and mardana,surely he would get influenced.And by the way he didn't start sikhism..........he was a sufi(not muslim)..,,,sikhism started in 1699 under guru gobind singh

I am a sikh with family in Amritsar. The death toll according to them was over 10,000 as a lot of piligrims had come on the shaheedi day of Guru Arjun Dev ji.

Also a lot more Gurudwaras in Amritsar were simultaneously attacked by CRPF and army.

what do you expect them to do?

I blame all this on Indira Gandhi for trying to use Bhindranwale to take on the Akali Dal.

Well I do believe during any pro-India peaceful protest, the Indian Army won't open fire on Indian citizens

i have read a lot about it. Here is the British time census figure about Punjab.

Partition-punjab-spate.jpg

People are quoting highly inflated figures here.

Jind is part of haryana and Shimla part of himachal (yes in past was part of punjab) and highly inflated yeah yeah ,tell that to those came on the day of Guru Arjun dev ji's shaheedi. I am not convinced in congressi or army propaganda at all. Also look at the muslim population in Amritsar zone. Had it been not for the nihangs , the amritsar gurudwara would have been in pakistan.

There is good reason that indian army representation of sikhs has fallen from 20-25% in 1970's-80's to 8% as of 2012.

Language can have various influences.Just look at guru nanak dev history,he travelled upto mecca and medina and had two muslim disciples bala and mardana,surely he would get influenced.And by the way he didn't start sikhism..........he was a sufi(not muslim)..,,,sikhism started in 1699 under guru gobind singh

So you are saying a Sufi is not a Muslim :cuckoo:
Okay.
I know you Sikhs vehemently deny being with Sufi Islam...
But atleast listen to your Guru..

Khalsa is the real beginning of political Sikhism,there is no need for bad blood.

Jatts have issues with Bhapas/Baniyas and Jats have issues with Pandits,Rajputs have issues with Gujjars and these are all normal competitive rivalries,nothing to fight on a grand level.

what do you expect them to do?

I blame all this on Indira Gandhi for trying to use Bhindranwale to take on the Akali Dal.

They did what had to be done and let me clarify,,,,pls don't pounce on me for saying so but only jats in punjab favour khalistan.........and jats are not majority here,sorry to burst ur bubble

@sardar1987, I hope from the posts in this thread, you'll get an example why members were requesting Moderators to close the thread "Gurjrat and 84 riots". :omghaha:

Last edited by a moderator:
If it comes down to Egypt like situation, will the Indian army shot its own people?

opinions are welcomed as well.

note: its a public post.

well that cant happen in India since owr army culture is very different from Arab culture but about Pak Army im not sure if they wont do it judging from there deeds in 1970 in Dhaka

I respect your pride as a Sikh but dont lie randomly,there is no difference between Sikhs and Hindus.

Small differences in beliefs,thats it.

Get lost. Sikhs are not hindus and will never be. Maximum fighting took place in Amritsar zone where muslim population was extremely heavy. I know this because some of my family members lost their lives defending amritsar against muslim mobs in both 1947 and in 1984 as piligrims .

Why do you think i would favour with the Jatt side of the story,

As KPS Gill said Khalistan was a fight between Jatt Sikhs.

I know that Jatts are not the majority.

I agree that Jatts dont want to share the power,they always had or land reforms for that matter,hence seeking soemthing like Khalistan but what i dont understand is why would someone take such a dangerous gamble of trusting pakistanis a mere 40 years after you know what happened?

all the sikhs have descended from hindus.........some from muslims too,anyone dispute that??
Sikhs and Hindus are blood brothers after all,i mean we share the same culture and we belong to the same stock of Indic people.a few decades earlier it was a common norm in most of North India to baptise the eldest son of any Hindu family into Sikhism because of a promise that the Hindus made to Guru Govind Singh.heck even now the majority of the Hindus in Northern India have got photos of Guru Nanak ji hanging on the walls of their houses and many of them visit Gurudwaras on a regular basis!all those Sikh genocides were orchestrated by Congress led cadres who wanted to avenge the death of Indira Gandhi.but none of the real Hindus(not the sickular ones) supported those bastards and in many cases defended and provided shelters to fellow Sikh neighbors and thus saved many innocent Sikh lives during the '84 Sikh genocide in Delhi!well i can only say one thing that Karma is really a ***** as the two persons responsible for all the inhuman treatment on the Sikh community got what they deserved eventually after all there's an old saying in english"what goes around,comes around"!

Back
Top Bottom