What's new

Will India send its soldiers to Afghanistan?

If Americans/NATO with its vast resources, military might and diplomatic prowess couldn't untangle the Gordian Knot that is Afghanistan in two decades then India with its meagre resources stands no chance.

India can only act as a spoiler and destabilise Afghanistan, which I suspect is India's end goal as it bogs down Pakistan and diverts pressure away from Kashmir.

Beyond the dangers that lurk on the ground, which you laid out, there is a broader geopolitical reality that will check Indian expansionism. Who is to say Iran, China or Russia want Indian presence, a quad member, in Afghanistan?

The Iranian-backed Hazara Shia militias shot down ANA Mi-17 in Wardak a few months ago. Any equipment given to Kabul from India will face similar threat from Iranian-backed militias.

The Russians and Chinese similarly view Indian expansionism as inimical to their influence.

And it looks like the Indians just issued a statement on the risk of them getting kidnapped in Afghanistan. As can be expected with them stepping up their presence in Afghanistan.

Last edited:
Mother India is Mother Earth, you can spell as much dialogue as much you wish still people will return to there original roots.. what nadir shah n ghaznavi did is what is at display in entire Umaah world.. You are still called kafirs by your superiors in Arabian peninsula. But don't worry, when oil dries up they too start reciting mantra..
That is why Mother India has been #ucked by every Tom Dick and Harry in the World.

Last edited:
Looks like my post triggered lot of denial. All taliban fighters are out now. Not hiding anymore. It may be game plan of America to wait some more time till taliban are vocal and do some stupid/outrageous stuff . It is bound to happen as there is not leader or command. When that happens, US will bomb shit out taliban and leave the country.

they occupied we didnot..big differnce....we have treendous goodwill with the Afghan people...all I see is Taliban will reconquer the Durand line

The only good will you have is of puppet Kabul regime. The real Afghans are proud people and see Indians as (let me not say it). If powerful super power invaders failed against them work tremendous military might, Intel, money and century ahead technology, you figure what will happen to your artifical British creation.

British downfall begun after this adventure. Soviet was shattered into pieces. America faced 2 worst recessions of its history, luckily for them they had ability to print dollars and continue but still failed.

I dearly wish India proceed and send its troops into Afghanistan in large number to fill up the vaccume left by foreign troops. But I know India will never do that. They simply don't have the b@lls. The most India will do is its dehati aurat r rona around the world against Pakistan or beg for mercy from Islamic emirate of Afghanistan and lick what it had spitted for 20 years "no good or bad blah blah" while riding on foreign white meters.

Prove me wrong and I'll change my display name. Send your troops at least the same as the number American troops were 150k men.

Supa powa india needs a gofundme for toilets for its citizens and acting like they can throw money around lol. Indians just arent very smart people with wrong priorities even sub saharans laugh at indians lol

Looks like my post triggered lot of denial. All taliban fighters are out now. Not hiding anymore. It may be game plan of America to wait some more time till taliban are vocal and do some stupid/outrageous stuff . It is bound to happen as there is not leader or command. When that happens, US will bomb shit out taliban and leave the country.

They didn’t survive 20 years without command and control. It may not be the kind of conventional command and control, considering they are on their 5th or 6th generation of field commanders, but they have unity of vision and general field orders and rules from their leaders, presumably, similar to the Vietcong in the field, cut off from direct command and control.

They are sure to lose forces (between now and the end of the “withdrawal”) as they move into conventional fighting, which is why they aren’t fighting “fully” conventionally yet; remember they negotiated with local power brokers to gain territory in large parts of the country.

BTW, back to the topic, can you translate what this Indian official is saying?

Some considerations before India decided how much its willing to commit to the current setup in Afghanistan.

A sincere assessment, as seen from the point of view of (an American?) right winger/ white ethno-nationalist, of the challenges and burdens of fighting a war in Afghanistan:

Last edited:
They didn’t survive 20 years without command and control. It may not be the kind of conventional command and control, considering they are on their 5th or 6th generation of field commanders, but they have unity of vision and general field orders and rules from their leaders, presumably, similar to the Vietcong in the field, cut off from direct command and control.

They are sure to lose forces (between now and the end of the “withdrawal”) as they move into conventional fighting, which is why they aren’t fighting “fully” conventionally yet; remember they negotiated with local power brokers to gain territory in large parts of the country.

BTW, back to the topic, can you translate what this Indian official is saying?

Some considerations before India decided how much its willing to commit to the current setup in Afghanistan.

A sincere assessment, as seen from the point of view of (an American?) right winger/ white ethno-nationalist, of the challenges and burdens of fighting a war in Afghanistan:

can you translate what this Indian official is saying?
He
is just repeating same BS things nothing substantial.

If US is ready to equip our soldiers with all the weapons US troops use, ready to bare all the logistics charges (this includes food for our soldiers too) of troops deployment till the last day of their deployment in Afghanistan, establish military bases in India with all cutting edge weapons and guarantee India's protection in case of attack by Pak or China then we might consider.... Till then 0 chance of India getting militarily involved in Afghanistan....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom