What's new

Will Chinese Smartphones Surpass Established Brands in Sales?

My experience with Chinese brands has been terrible. Except for Lenovo, I won't be trying any - even if I am paid for it.
Lenovo phones - not sure, but their laptops, especially the ThinkPads are excellently designed.

Oppo has launched it's Flagship mobile in India. Not sure if the Indian members are aware of it.

Last edited:
My experience with Chinese brands has been terrible. Except for Lenovo, I won't be trying any - even if I am paid for it.
Lenovo phones - not sure, but their laptops, especially the ThinkPads are excellently designed.
Then I am afraid all you got were the ones which even Chinese don't want to buy.
Next time ask a Chinese member before buying. ;)

established smartphones are all made in china so the brands will be too one day.

Right now I think Lenovo is the safest bet for being 2nd ahead of Apple. But when will it happen ? I don't know...

Oppo find 5 was decent enough, now waiting for Gionee S 5.5.

At 5.5 mm thick, Gionee’s Elife S5.5 is the world’s thinnest smartphone

By Andy Boxall — February 19, 2014

The battle for the title of world’s thinnest smartphone rages on, and the latest firm to lift the trophy is one which is probably unfamiliar to you. It’s Gionee, a Chinese smartphone brand, which has announced the Elife S5.5, which measures an almost unfeasibly thin 5.5mm. Gionee has put the Elife up for preorder in China, plus it says that in the future, it’ll be putting the device up for sale in another 40 different countries. While we wait for news on this, here’s what the phone is all about.

The screen measures 5-inches, and according to GSMArena.com, it has a 1080p resolution. An octa-core processor running at 1.7GHz powers the phone, and although Gionee hasn’t confirmed the brand, we’d expect it to be one of MediaTek’s MT6592 chips. There’s 2GB of RAM to help speed things along, plus 16GB of storage space to fill up.

Android 4.2 Jelly Bean is the installed OS (which will annoy Google, if recent reports are accurate), covered with Gionee’s Amigo user interface. Other features include a 13-megapixel rear camera, a 5-megapixel front camera, and a sensibly sized 2300mAh battery. Apparently, this should be enough to see the phone last the day, despite its waifish dimensions.

Gionee’s Elife S5.5 has snatched the world’s thinnest smartphone title from the Vivo X3, announced during the summer last year which has a 5.75mm thick chassis. The X3 usurped Huawei’s 6.16mm thick Ascend P6. Compare this to phones we’re likely to see everyday, and the Elife S5.5 is 2.1mm thinner than the iPhone 5 and 2.4mm thinner than the Galaxy S4.

The standard 3G version has been priced at around $370, and a 4G version will follow in a few months time. We’ll have to wait and see where Gionee decides to sell the Elife 5.5 next.

Read more: Gionee Elife S5.5 is the world's thinnest smartphone at 5.5mm | Digital Trends
Follow us: @digitaltrends on Twitter | digitaltrendsftw on Facebook

Oppo find 5 was decent enough, now waiting for Gionee S 5.5.

Oppo Find 7 Gets Certified In China: Multiple Images Leaked Online

Written by: Vivek Chhetri

Published: Friday, February 21, 2014, 17:43 [IST]

Oppo, a premium smartphone maker which hails from China has already started running its operations in India. While in the global scenario, smartphone lovers have already got shown a thumbs up for the company's N1 smartphone, the new Find 7 device has now headed online touting its a Quad HD resolution (2560x1440 pixel) display.

21-oppo-find-7-certified-in-china-multiple-images-leaked-online-news.jpg

The device can be called as the tablet version of the company's previously launched Find 5 smartphone. Moreover, the latest reports available online suggest that the tablet will get launched on March 19th.

When it comes to the variants, the Chinese company has a smart plan with the Find 7 smartphone. It is reportedly said that the two variants would consist of Full HD display and Quad HD display. However, the it looks like the FHD model (X9007) has already been spotted on GFXBench and has just also recently passed through Tenaa certification (China's FCC equivalent).

Further the X9007 model with a full HD display (1920 x 1080) will be powered by a Snapdragon MSM8974 SoC (CPU clocked at 2.26 GHz) and a Premium version which comes with a X9077 model number and a QHD panel (2560 x 1440) would be powered by a Snapdragon MSM8974AC SoC (CPU clocked at 2.46 GHz). The Find 7 does appear to sport a dual-LED flash module, and we're likely looking at a typical polycarbonate shell.

Also the device has spotted on the Chinese equivalent of the FCC called the TENAA. Which means that the X9007 version of the Oppo Find 7 has been recently certified. Also very much like the Find 5, the Find 7 will have a plastic back.

We will keep you in loop regarding this device. Until then stay tuned to GizBot!

Oppo Find 7 Gets Certified In China: Multiple Images Leaked Online | Mobile - Gizbot

Oppo is launching its Find 7 smartphone on March 19 in Beijing

By Kaylene Hong, Wednesday, 12 Feb '14 , 09:28am

Chinese smartphone manufacturer Oppo announced today that it will be launching its Find 7 smartphone on March 19 in Beijing, China.

Oppo was founded in 2004 as an electronics manufacturer, but last year it started rolling out smartphones with top-of-the-line specs worth boasting about. We noted that the Find 5 was one of the most well-built phones we’ve seen come out of China. In September 2013, Oppo took the wraps off N1, its latest flagship smartphone with a camera constructed from 67 different components, which it claims is the first to feature a six-piece lens design in an Android smartphone.

It will be interesting to see what Oppo can deliver with Find 7. Rumored specifications point to a 5.5-inch Quad HD display, with the device running on a Snapdragon 800 or 805 processor with 3GB of RAM, as well as a 13-megapixel camera.

Oppo Is Launching Find 7 On March 19

The battle for the title of world’s thinnest smartphone rages on, and the latest firm to lift the trophy is one which is probably unfamiliar to you. It’s Gionee, a Chinese smartphone brand, which has announced the Elife S5.5, which measures an almost unfeasibly thin 5.5mm. Gionee has put the Elife up for preorder in China, plus it says that in the future, it’ll be putting the device up for sale in another 40 different countries. While we wait for news on this, here’s what the phone is all about.

The screen measures 5-inches, and according to GSMArena.com, it has a 1080p resolution. An octa-core processor running at 1.7GHz powers the phone, and although Gionee hasn’t confirmed the brand, we’d expect it to be one of MediaTek’s MT6592 chips. There’s 2GB of RAM to help speed things along, plus 16GB of storage space to fill up.

Android 4.2 Jelly Bean is the installed OS (which will annoy Google, if recent reports are accurate), covered with Gionee’s Amigo user interface. Other features include a 13-megapixel rear camera, a 5-megapixel front camera, and a sensibly sized 2300mAh battery. Apparently, this should be enough to see the phone last the day, despite its waifish dimensions.

Gionee’s Elife S5.5 has snatched the world’s thinnest smartphone title from the Vivo X3, announced during the summer last year which has a 5.75mm thick chassis. The X3 usurped Huawei’s 6.16mm thick Ascend P6. Compare this to phones we’re likely to see everyday, and the Elife S5.5 is 2.1mm thinner than the iPhone 5 and 2.4mm thinner than the Galaxy S4.

The standard 3G version has been priced at around $370, and a 4G version will follow in a few months time. We’ll have to wait and see where Gionee decides to sell the Elife 5.5 next.

Read more: Gionee Elife S5.5 is the world's thinnest smartphone at 5.5mm | Digital Trends

The best thing is, it's metal. Only if they had world wide presence and better after sales service, they could take out the likes of Sony, Motorola and stuffs any day. I find the build quality of Oppo better than Samsung.

I use HTC One, just to give you a hint of how demanding i am.

This is the problem here, Chinese manufacturer use mediatek which is not that good chipmaker even some indian companies
do that, but I guess Snapdragon could've been better, those are excellent compared to mediatek, a Snapdragon dual core chipset works equivalent to quad core mediatek processor. So I will rather retain to Sony, apple, etc. Until unless Chinese manufacturer uses Snapdragon. And this is the reason why Chinese phones are cheap cause the cost of mediatek processor is about a fraction of brands like Snapdragon.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom