What's new

Will Chinese Smartphones Surpass Established Brands in Sales?

No. The Chinese still don not understand what is branding and how to delight customer.

The answer to this may be yes, until Chinese can sell their toothpaste as big brands. These light industry product such as toothpaste are all made in China, but the famous brand, are mainly owned by the West.

On the other hand, Chinese smartphone's quality may reach to world top standard, which I believe it will happen soon.

For instance, Huawei, they are spending billions on R&D, and keep improving the quality of product, however, can Huawei's brand be as regarded as Apple ? I doubt it.

Apple et al has been in the circuit for a longer time than Huawei, Lenovo, ZTE, Xiaomi, Zoppo, oppo. Coolpad

Motorola, Ericksson, RIM - the once popular brands are fading away

Toothpaste was a luxury in China once upon a time
Brand building in consumer market takes time

Apple et al has been in the circuit for a longer time than Huawei, Lenovo, ZTE, Xiaomi, Zoppo, oppo. Coolpad

Motorola, Ericksson, RIM - the once popular brands are fading away

Toothpaste was a luxury in China once upon a time
Brand building in consumer market takes time
Totally agree with you. Most, if not all businesses, be it smartphones, tvs, cars, etc,. takes time for the brand recognition.

Lenovo, Huawei, Oppo, etc,. are globally registered companies, not some peasant who had a dream last night and wants to starts to manufacture phones and then dumps it in some third world countries. Such insignificant companies only care about profits. They do not have a goal set for the company, nor do they care what happens once the phone is sold. They have no policies nor any guidelines set for their company. These are the meager companies which have been dumping stuffs to India, Pakistan, Bangladesh etc, etc,. And then the Chinese get the blame for poor made stuffs. But here we are talking about real brands in China. Not the seller of phones which you get in the flea market.

Last edited:

Smart choice of Putin :tup:
ZTE is a respected cellphone manufacturer
Huawei and ZTE obtain most invention patents

It is funny some prominent western leaders of the world are using Blackberry and probably the cause of the sinking of RIM 8-)

Just rather recently ZTE has achieved this:

ZTE and China Telecom Set World Record in Real-Time Terabit Optical Transmission - Yahoo Finance

Last edited:
Totally agree with you. Most, if not all businesses, be it smartphones, tvs, cars, etc,. takes time for the brand recognition.

Lenovo, Huawei, Oppo, etc,. are globally registered companies, not some peasant who had a dream last night and wants to starts to manufacture phones and then dumps it in some third world countries. Such insignificant companies only care about profits. They do not have a goal set for the company, nor do they care what happens once the phone is sold. They have no policies nor any guidelines set for their company. These are the meager companies which have been dumping stuffs to India, Pakistan, Bangladesh etc, etc,. And then the Chinese get the blame for poor made stuffs. But here we are talking about real brands in China. Not the seller of phones which you get in the flea market.

i do not mind these lesser known companies making these products and exporting to India and Pakistan. It allows less fortunate people access to technology

i do not mind these lesser known companies making these products and exporting to India and Pakistan. It allows less fortunate people access to technology
True, but then again our top companies are getting smeared with these lower tech companies who do not follow any patent rights, and then we get to be called copy and paste and what not.

nah my info is just cut and paste
I am too flattered you are too humble!:cheers:
You are too... :cheers:

Back
Top Bottom