What's new

Will Chinese Smartphones Surpass Established Brands in Sales?

Are you an idiot? Are you checking the number of stars given to the phones? I suggest you check the link again.
"its better to keep shut and let others think you 're fool than opening your mouth and proving them right"
I suppose you just proved your statement right.

I guess to some civilized discussions are next to impossible to indulge in.You're definitely one of them.
So stop quoting me.

LOL. Put your damn glass on. Don't waste my time explaining to you what Antutu measures. Next time, I better not see you use your "opinion" as a matter of factual statement when it comes to smartphone performance and quality, ever again.
Even to give statements you need experience on a device.Thankfully I dont have to depend on a third party to check the ratings.I glean more by checking the products myself.That would be so unlike you.:)

Even to give statements you need experience on a device.Thankfully I dont have to depend on a third party to check the ratings.I glean more by checking the products myself.That would be so unlike you.:)
LOL. Experience. Wow are you kidding me? How many devices do you have experience on, hand-on? You are just a bias person, that's all. There is a reason we have professional reviewers who did testing on these phone and give score so consumers have an idea which phone has the best performance in the market. What you like in design and mobile OS is matter of personal choice and has no business in any comparison. Everyone has their own taste. The fact you are ignorant about android displays your weak argument. Personally, IOS is design for people like you. People lacking technical and want their phone to be as simple as possible. That's what IOS is design for, simplicity and easy function. Android is design for advance users who want to root and customize to whatever they desire. As a coder, I think it's not a good idea to argue with me over software. ;)

Saw that phone coverage in MWC 2014, seems great.
That phone is amazing for the very reason, premium phone with supreme design at low-budget cost. It will makes Google Nexus look like child play. Unfortunately, it won't be available for sale globally and are aim for Chinese consumer. One thing is for sure, the best of the best phones are now in China. It is where everyone competes. It used to be the US but now China took over the smartphone battleground.

That phone is amazing for the very reason, premium phone with supreme design at low-budget cost. It will makes Google Nexus look like child play. Unfortunately, it won't be available for sale globally and are aim for Chinese consumer. One thing is for sure, the best of the best phones are now in China. It is where everyone competes. It used to be the US but now China took over the smartphone battleground.

Now that's not fare bro.

In the past one year, there has been huge turn around in Chinese phone manufacturers. I guess they learnt their marketing and product placement basics from their OEM business. IUNI U2 got my attention, will hope to get in in eBay for my mom. And i might upgrade my HTC one to Oppo Find 7. :(

Gionee S 5.5 seems decent enough.

LOL. Experience. Wow are you kidding me? How many devices do you have experience on, hand-on? You are just a bias person, that's all. There is a reason we have professional reviewers who did testing on these phone and give score so consumers have an idea which phone has the best performance in the market. What you like in design and mobile OS is matter of personal choice and has no business in any comparison. Everyone has their own taste. The fact you are ignorant about android displays your weak argument. Personally, IOS is design for people like you. People lacking technical and want their phone to be as simple as possible. That's what IOS is design for, simplicity and easy function. Android is design for advance users who want to root and customize to whatever they desire. As a coder, I think it's not a good idea to argue with me over software.
Now we should question if you really are a coder. ;)

You seems to imply that technically minded people would gravitate over to Android because of its openness and flexibility. You could not be more wrong.

A real coder once told me long time ago, when I first entered the semicon industry, is that people do not buy computers for the OS, but for the applications. The reason why Apple and IOS is so successful is because Jobs and company took that philosophy to heart. Apple was wise enough to realize that if its product is successfully simple and functional enough, people will buy and use it regardless of whatever reviewers say. I know plenty of engineers of all types, from mechanical to software, many of them accomplished coders who knows a dozen or more programming languages and they prefers IOS over Android. They hack only when they want to and when they do not want to, they want a device with an OS and apps that does what they say they do and do it well. Android's fragmentation and lack of a philosophical leader is the reason why Apple continues to dominate and will continue to do so for years to come, no matter how much Android is adopted by device manufacturers.

Finally...I own only one Apple product, an Ipod Nano that was a gift five years ago and I never used it. I own a Moto Droid 2 Global with Android 2.2 on it. I am not an Apple fanboy but I do not need to be one to recognize success when I see it.

xunzi said:
How many devices do you have experience on, hand-on?
Hmmm let me think...blackberry...Note-3...iPhone...Nokia.Thats about it.
And let ne tell you I have been using touch screen since blackberry storm was launched(storm was launched way before Android was even launched)So I know what I am saying about the responsiveness of the touch devices.

xunzi said:
You are just a bias person, that's all.
And so are you.
You harbor preconceived notions about others and find it difficult to comprehend what others are telling you.

xunzi said:
There is a reason we have professional reviewers who did testing on these phone and give score so consumers have an idea which phone has the best performance in the market. What you like in design and mobile OS is matter of personal choice and has no business in any comparison. Everyone has their own taste. The fact you are ignorant about android displays your weak argument. Personally, IOS is design for people like you. People lacking technical and want their phone to be as simple as possible. That's what IOS is design for, simplicity and easy function. Android is design for advance users who want to root and customize to whatever they desire. As a coder, I think it's not a good idea to argue with me over software. ;)
Yeahhhhhhh
And you ask somebody what is good about HTC and they reply the speakers are loud :D
Tell me about it....lolzzz

Now we should question if you really are a coder. ;)

You seems to imply that technically minded people would gravitate over to Android because of its openness and flexibility. You could not be more wrong.

A real coder once told me long time ago, when I first entered the semicon industry, is that people do not buy computers for the OS, but for the applications. The reason why Apple and IOS is so successful is because Jobs and company took that philosophy to heart. Apple was wise enough to realize that if its product is successfully simple and functional enough, people will buy and use it regardless of whatever reviewers say. I know plenty of engineers of all types, from mechanical to software, many of them accomplished coders who knows a dozen or more programming languages and they prefers IOS over Android. They hack only when they want to and when they do not want to, they want a device with an OS and apps that does what they say they do and do it well. Android's fragmentation and lack of a philosophical leader is the reason why Apple continues to dominate and will continue to do so for years to come, no matter how much Android is adopted by device manufacturers.

Finally...I own only one Apple product, an Ipod Nano that was a gift five years ago and I never used it. I own a Moto Droid 2 Global with Android 2.2 on it. I am not an Apple fanboy but I do not need to be one to recognize success when I see it.
That's wrong OS and application are mutually exclusive. If you're talking about the ease of submission on application on either platform, Android wins. Though, IOS app is more professional because it is written to reduce complex task design for simple consumers. Depending the specialty of the coder, he/she will prefer IOS/Android. Rule of thumb, you choose what fit your technical knowledge level and how much you're willing to customize it. Apple IOS didn't dominate. IOS accounts for only 12% while Android accounts for over 80%. Fragmentation doesn't exist if you use 1st-device android phone, such as those from Google Nexus. You experience first-hand pure Android experience from Google. If you do, none of the bloat 3rd-party system software matter and you find pure Android is very good and you get more customization feature. Android from their early day to now Kitty Kat had come a long way. It's night and day compare to IOS. IOS even copy from Android now. LOL. Truth of the matter is Android is a much bigger ecosystem than IOS. In IOS, you have the single, simplistic, functional device as you describe but it doesn't have the flexibility of Android. For most coder, flexibility trumps functional. A working mom would use functional IOS, for example, while a father will want to use a more flexible Android OS. LOL.

My friend, you need to buy the latest Android device. 2.2 is toooooooo old. Like I said, Android have come a long way now. Initially, I agree with you IOS is better because it's simple. Because of its simplistic programming arithmetic, it doesn't crash as often as a more fragment and complex Android OS. But now, the tide have changed. Android fix many of the problems in earlier Android adoption. I would recommend you buy a pure Android 4.4 device so you get to experience first-hand of what Android is about rather than 3rd-party android devices which install a layer of their customized OS over the base Android OS.

Hmmm let me think...blackberry...Note-3...iPhone...Nokia.Thats about it.
And let ne tell you I have been using touch screen since blackberry storm was launched(storm was launched way before Android was even launched)So I know what I am saying about the responsiveness of the touch devices.
LOL. You are too cute. Those are nothing. You are basically using 3rd-party Android, some RIM Blackberry OS which are whack to begin with. Note-3 is solid good but it still include Samsung bloat system software. Nokia, eh... when are they going to bankrupt? Now they start to switch to Android and Window mobile OS because initially they were using their own Symbian OS which is laughable. LOL. Big failure. Compare to me, I'm using all kind of across-devices from Android, IOS, Symbian, Window. The only one I haven't use is Blackberry because it is for woman design for texting messages. LOL!

And how do you know the responsiveness of the latest update OS without doing indepth performance testing? That is what AnTuTu is about, it can test your device to see if it's truly measure up to competition.

And so are you.
You harbor preconceived notions about others and find it difficult to comprehend what others are telling you.
What? I am an unbias person. I have no issue with people talking smash about my country as long as it's fair and objective. Unfortunately, too much Anti-China agenda and assumption were made, so it is my job to dispute, debunk, and destroy those belief and perception. I'm just doing my job. Give me credit. LOL.

Yeahhhhhhh
And you ask somebody what is good about HTC and they reply the speakers are loud :D
Tell me about it....lolzzz
There isn't much special about HTC One other than the fact it is just one of Android devices which offer premium feel and feature. If there is one that you can say HTC doing a good job compare to competitor is their innovative camera 360 panorama shot (yet everyone copy that now so most android devices are capable of that nowadays), battery life (really just a function of less bloat system software and larger battery storage), microSD card (easy to add for any android but lose its design touch), and loud speaker (just a matter of partnering with an studio company like HTC does with Monster Beats by Dr. Dre). I guess you can say about HTC is that it offers the best single unity device from Android included premium feature, function, look and style? Does that answer your question, lady? ;)

Last edited:
ZTE Nubia X6 phablet features massive 6.44-inch display - Phablet fans go wild

By Malarie Gokey, Tech Times | March 26, 8:07 PM

zte-nubia-x6.jpg

The ZTE Nubia X6 is one of the biggest and baddest phablets yet with its mammoth 6.44-inch display and high-end specifications. The X6 has phablet fans everywhere salivating, but will it ever leave China?
(Photo : ZTE)

Phablet fans, boy does ZTE have a phablet for you. The ZTE Nubia X6 is one of the most giant phablets on the market and it packs all of the high-end specifications you'd expect from a flagship smartphone.

The money maker on the ZTE Nubia X6 is its 6.44-inch display with a resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels. The display is made of Corning Gorilla Glass and features a pixel density of 344ppi. The display has a very thin bezel around the sides, allowing ZTE to make the most of its screen real estate.

Prior to the launch of the X6, rumors pointed to a QHD display for the massive phablet, but it seems that ZTE settled for a 1080p display in the interest of elongating the phablet's battery life. ZTE gave the Nubia X6 a huge 4250mAh battery, but it's certainly going to need all that power to keep the huge 6.44-inch display going.

Underneath the X6's massive display lies the Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor. ZTE announced that the X6 will be available in two versions: one with the MSM8974AB chip, running at 2.3GHz and the other with the MSM8974AC chip, running at 2.5GHz. Both versions will be backed by 3GB RAM and as much as 128GB storage.

In another surprising move, ZTE included 13-megapixel cameras on the front and back of the Nubia X6 phablet. The back camera has a f/2.0 aperture, optical image stabilization (OIS) and dual LED flashes. The front-facing camera features a f/2.2 aperture, backside illumination and auto-focus video. In comparison with other high-end smartphones, the X6 has one of the best front-facing cameras around and a middle-of-the-road camera on its backside.

In terms of connectivity, the X6 offers two SIM card slots, 3G, LTE, dual-band Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0 and NFC. The X6 is just 7.9-millimeters thick and weighs 215 grams.

Currently, ZTE only plans to sell the Nubia X6 in China, but phablet fans everywhere are hoping that ZTE soon expands its reach to the rest of Asia, Europe and even the United States. The entry-level 32GB version will cost CNY 3,000 ($485), the 64GB version CNY 3,500 ($565) and the massive 128GB version CNY 4,000 ($645) - not too shabby for such a high-end phablet.

ZTE Nubia X6 phablet features massive 6.44-inch display - Phablet fans go wild : PERSONAL TECH : Tech Times

From my experince, you get what you pay for.
I have been parroting that a 100times on this thread only to receive brick bats from the neighbors,who claim that their country produces smartphones which would work gratis and is unbeatable.Though I have yet to believe 'em.

Last edited:
LOL. You are too cute.
??? :coffee:

xunzi said:
. Nokia, eh... when are they going to bankrupt?
There!!!!!!:haha:
you are not even updated that Nokia was taken over by MS almost 6 months back.

xunzi said:
Compare to me, I'm using all kind of across-devices from Android, IOS, Symbian, Window. The only one I haven't use is BB because it is for woman design for texting messages. LOL!
i dont know which world you live in.Not so long back all the corporate guys had BB in their hands.Andd BBM is still available as app.

xunzi said:
And how do you know the responsiveness of the latest update OS without doing indepth performance testing? That is what AnTuTu is about, it can test your device to see if it's truly measure up to competition.
As if I am to take Antutututu's words as gods words.Thankfully i can rely on my common sense before choosing a phone.

xunzi said:
What? I am an unbias person.
I believe you :coffee:

xunzi said:
Unfortunately, too much Anti-China agenda and assumption were made, so it is my job to dispute, debunk, and destroy those belief and perception. I'm just doing my job. Give me credit. LOL.
Anti-China??
who me???
No its not about being Anti-China.I agree China has been a progressive state for long now.but the name Chinese products have gained in the market. I would have to think thrice or more to buy one.

xunzi said:
There isn't much special about HTC One other than the fact it is just one of Android devices which offer premium feel and feature. If there is one that you can say HTC doing a good job compare to competitor is their innovative camera 360 panorama shot (yet everyone copy that now so most android devices are capable of that nowadays), battery life (really just a function of less bloat system software and larger battery storage), microSD card (easy to add for any android but lose its design touch), and loud speaker (just a matter of partnering with an studio company like HTC does with Monster Beats by Dr. Dre). I guess you can say about HTC is that it offers the best single unity device from Android included premium feature, function, look and style? Does that answer your question, lady? ;)
No actually it doesnt.
These same features are available in all the eenie meenie mobiles these days.The touch responsiveness matters.I dont want an OS that would crash every now and then.Give me something like an A7 processor is awesomely fast....would you be able to provide one?

Last edited:
ZTE Nubia X6 phablet features massive 6.44-inch display - Phablet fans go wild

By Malarie Gokey, Tech Times | March 26, 8:07 PM

zte-nubia-x6.jpg

The ZTE Nubia X6 is one of the biggest and baddest phablets yet with its mammoth 6.44-inch display and high-end specifications. The X6 has phablet fans everywhere salivating, but will it ever leave China?
(Photo : ZTE)

Phablet fans, boy does ZTE have a phablet for you. The ZTE Nubia X6 is one of the most giant phablets on the market and it packs all of the high-end specifications you'd expect from a flagship smartphone.

The money maker on the ZTE Nubia X6 is its 6.44-inch display with a resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels. The display is made of Corning Gorilla Glass and features a pixel density of 344ppi. The display has a very thin bezel around the sides, allowing ZTE to make the most of its screen real estate.

Prior to the launch of the X6, rumors pointed to a QHD display for the massive phablet, but it seems that ZTE settled for a 1080p display in the interest of elongating the phablet's battery life. ZTE gave the Nubia X6 a huge 4250mAh battery, but it's certainly going to need all that power to keep the huge 6.44-inch display going.

Underneath the X6's massive display lies the Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor. ZTE announced that the X6 will be available in two versions: one with the MSM8974AB chip, running at 2.3GHz and the other with the MSM8974AC chip, running at 2.5GHz. Both versions will be backed by 3GB RAM and as much as 128GB storage.

In another surprising move, ZTE included 13-megapixel cameras on the front and back of the Nubia X6 phablet. The back camera has a f/2.0 aperture, optical image stabilization (OIS) and dual LED flashes. The front-facing camera features a f/2.2 aperture, backside illumination and auto-focus video. In comparison with other high-end smartphones, the X6 has one of the best front-facing cameras around and a middle-of-the-road camera on its backside.

In terms of connectivity, the X6 offers two SIM card slots, 3G, LTE, dual-band Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0 and NFC. The X6 is just 7.9-millimeters thick and weighs 215 grams.

Currently, ZTE only plans to sell the Nubia X6 in China, but phablet fans everywhere are hoping that ZTE soon expands its reach to the rest of Asia, Europe and even the United States. The entry-level 32GB version will cost CNY 3,000 ($485), the 64GB version CNY 3,500 ($565) and the massive 128GB version CNY 4,000 ($645) - not too shabby for such a high-end phablet.

ZTE Nubia X6 phablet features massive 6.44-inch display - Phablet fans go wild : PERSONAL TECH : Tech Times
Find 7 beats this hands down, except for the size and the battery which some users don't even look at. Of course, bigger the screen, more the pixels and bigger the battery.

Last edited:
During our First Lady's tour of Europe with President Xi:

33191937389142.jpg

33191937515213.jpg

Above photo credits: mobile.itsogo.net

nubia-z5-mini-619.jpg

Credit: engadget.com

nubia-z5-mini1.jpg

Credit: postmobilereview.com

20130710_120408_738.jpg

Credit: gsminsider.com

Nubia_Z5_Mini-11.jpg

Credit: jsxltech.com

0_c3e78_12019d6b_L.jpg

Credit: helpix.ru

57f1ef2dfbeb4555a6258b29bea1c468.jpg

Credit: sina and yingyong.so

ZTE-Nubia-Z5-Mini-Front-Left-Back.jpg

Credit: chinaphonereview.com

ZTE-Nubia-Z5-mini-5-0-Inches-Single-SIM-Card-3-Mode-GSM-CDMA-WCDMA-2G.jpg_350x350.jpg

ZTE nubia Z5 Mini

Last edited:
^I love the Nubia 5 look, especially the creamy white version. It's sexy and stylist design. Would love to get my hand on one. I will probably ask my relative to ship over one to test out.

@levina don't waste my time over smartphone. It is out of your league and your wacky observation is not worthy to talk about. Let the experts review and have benchmark testing to show the difference.

Back
Top Bottom