What's new

Will Chinese Smartphones Surpass Established Brands in Sales?

mind your language idiot. .
You haven't figure out what a fool you are, isn't it? I give you a hint. "Iuni" is not the letter L, instead it's the letter I. LOL.

And me thinks that you need to check the link again.:coffee:
Almost all the phones are given same rankings.:lol:
Fortunately I was taught some manners and hence I would not ask you to shut your mouth (like you did) instead i'll give you a piece of advice "its better to keep shut and let others think you 're fool than opening your mouth and proving them right":sick:
LOL. Put your damn glass on. Don't waste my time explaining to you what Antutu measures. Next time, I better not see you use your "opinion" as a matter of factual statement when it comes to smartphone performance and quality, ever again.

You haven't figure out what a fool you are, isn't it? I give you a hint. "Iuni" is not the letter L, instead it's the letter I. LOL.

LOL. Put your damn glass on. Don't waste my time explaining to you what Antutu measures. Next time, I better not see you use your "opinion" as a matter of factual statement when it comes to smartphone performance and quality, ever again.

lol I don't much care about some b! £ ch talk... copy cats... chinese phones no guarantee no warranty. ..

lol I don't much care about some b! £ ch talk... copy cats... chinese phones no guarantee no warranty. ..
And I don't care what some poor Indian want, need, or care. I'm here to destroy people with factual information.

Your words only matters when your country means something to this world, at less than 2 trillion with 1.2 billion people, it doesn't.

Americans can talk, Chinese can talk, Russians can talk, we earned that right, you haven't.

No need to blash members she has right to disagree...I think in next 18 months Chinese companies will have better products against iphone and samsung atleast company like sammy and htc are going to be restricted in mainland and that is a good sign I am not biased just like iphone sammy has problems...i am definitely going to test out Chinese smartphones in coming weeks for the purpose of brief comparison...my main points camera should be excellent, better audio, full hd screen, stable 2.5-2.7ghz quad/octa processor.
I didn't want to. If you were following the thread, he/she was biased and then go on to say, "I would never buy anything Chinese".
On topic, take a look at this...
Oppo Find 7 Preview - CNET

Which Chinese phones do not have warranty? And do Indian phones provide guarantee these days?

Last edited:
Your words only matters when your country means something to this world, at less than 2 trillion with 1.2 billion people, it doesn't.

Americans can talk, Chinese can talk, Russians can talk, we earned that right, you haven't.
And you point?? Having a big economy will gives you the right to talk and bash others..??
Each and every country are free to make a point and have an opinion you are free to disagree but not to be hypothetical giving yourself a right to speak due to your economy.

Huawei and Gionee(mind the spelling as i don't know to spell it exactly) are the ones who i think are the newcomers in the market in India i can't say much about the rest of the world but lenovo is totally a different elite class as it is trusted and has a worthy goodwill in the market. But still lenovo is not focusing as it should be on smartphones or tablet markets. I can see a big last page add of huwaeii or gionee in my newspaper but still that would not impress me as a coustmer to go and buy a chinese smartphone as it is generally because the poor quality electronics manufactured in China by your manufactures earlier and it is a track record set by China itself and no one except China is to blame for it. But i can go anytime for lenovo. In order to have good brand value like lenovo(which is itself not possible as it will take atleast 6-7 years minimum) Chinese telecoms should invest more on after sales services and a cheaper and good quality product.

stop nonsense. . am talking because am an consumer. .. you guys were have same economy years ago...

Yes Micromax and Xolo are giving one year warranty
My dear Indian friend. Please read my post again. I was talking about "guarantee", not "warranty"

stop nonsense. . am talking because am an consumer. .. you guys were have same economy years ago...
Look, I don't have any issues with Indians. But the way you bash Chinese companies just screams, "Ignorance" and "biased". Learn to respect others' effort when you're not yet there. Try not to be arrogant because India is no where close to a manufacturing power house.
There are bad and good stuffs in China. The bad stuffs, we stay away and are usually dumped to third worlders. The good stuffs is where it's making it's way to India now. Previously, yes, there are junks being dumped in India. But it doesn't mean every product of Chinese is bad. If you do feel in this manner, then I would consider you as shallow and biased.

Last edited:
Ignore the Indian. I'm getting tire of hearing them speak about quality and technology. The fact remains Chinese smartphone market is thriving at a ridiculous rate. There is a smartphone WAR in China right now with local and foreign competitors junking out innovative, best, new flagship model almost every quarter. When our local phonemakers have deep pocket like Apple/Samsung, that is when we can mass marketing our model to the world. Certainly quality is the least of our concern. It's the perception. Only way to change perception is through marketing. But right now, there is so much profit to be made in China that our local don't feel the urge and need to go abroad yet. This is why you see the best smartphone model release first in China.

The IUNI U2 is a monster from Asia with an aluminum body, premium specs, and outrageous price
Posted: 18 Mar 2014, 10:54, by Luis D.

Tags: Android

IUNI, a spin-off brand of China's Gionee (known for making the currentworld's thinnest smartphone), is preparing a very interesting handset. Elegant on the outside, the IUNI U2 is a beast with a 2.2 GHz Snapdragon 800 CPU, 3GB RAM, and a 4.7-inch 1080p display with a pixel density of 469PPI inside. But that's not all. Reportedly, IUNI wanted to make the best single-handed metal-clad phone possible, so it machined a 0.4 inch (10.2mm) thick body that's 2.56 inches (65mm) wide and 5.38 inches (136.9mm) tall. There is a 10-degree fold at the phone's top and bottom, and the chamfer has a shiny "3D polish". The phone definitely looks ergonomic and probably feels just fine in the hand, not to mention that the overall design evokes the HTC One - a phone that even Apple was impressed with. But producing this carefully sculpted aluminum shell does have a price – it takes 90 minutes, and the current yeld is only 48%.

Speaking of HTC's last year flagship, you know that its UltraPixel rear camera is both a notable and controversial feature. Like them or not, the UltraPixels are heading for a return in the IUNI U2's front camera, which is exactly the same as the HTC One's rear shooter. Looking at the front camera comparisons which IUNI posted, it could turn out that the ultrapixels have a previously unsuspected potential for "selfie"-taking. As for the rear camera, the IUNI U2 is wheeling in the heavy artillery - it's the 16MP, 1.34µm sensor seen in the Gionee Elife E7. You will have to forgive it for causing a visible bulge to the U2's otherwise elegant back panel.

WE DO LIVE IN INTERESTING TIMES
So, how much for this beauty? Prepare to be pleasantly shocked. The 32GB version with 3GB RAM will cost only $320, while the 16GB version with 2GB RAM will be $290. The pricing is absolutely outrageous, as it basically sells a premium smartphone at a price lower than mid-range. But if you are in China, and desperate to compete with Xiaomi, it's what you got to do to stay afloat.

The smartphone is currently on pre-order for Chinese customers, who can make a deposit for the 32GB version. As it's mostly the case with these beautiful Asian monsters, there's no information about the IUNI U2's global availability. However, the phone is making a statement - as low-cost Chinese vendors have already secured premium hardware, they are turning their eyes to competing with design as well. As the old Chinese saying goes, we do live in interesting times.

The IUNI U2 is a monster from Asia with an aluminum body, premium specs, and outrageous price

Ignore the Indian. I'm getting tire of hearing them speak about quality and technology. The fact remains Chinese smartphone market is thriving at a ridiculous rate. There is a smartphone WAR in China right now with local and foreign competitors junking out innovative, best, new flagship model almost every quarter. When our local phonemakers have deep pocket like Apple/Samsung, that is when we can mass marketing our model to the world. Certainly quality is the least of our concern. It's the perception. Only way to change perception is through marketing. But right now, there is so much profit to be made in China that our local don't feel the urge and need to go abroad yet. This is why you see the best smartphone model release first in China.

Posted: 18 Mar 2014, 10:54, by Luis D.

Tags: Android

IUNI, a spin-off brand of China's Gionee (known for making the currentworld's thinnest smartphone), is preparing a very interesting handset. Elegant on the outside, the IUNI U2 is a beast with a 2.2 GHz Snapdragon 800 CPU, 3GB RAM, and a 4.7-inch 1080p display with a pixel density of 469PPI inside. But that's not all. Reportedly, IUNI wanted to make the best single-handed metal-clad phone possible, so it machined a 0.4 inch (10.2mm) thick body that's 2.56 inches (65mm) wide and 5.38 inches (136.9mm) tall. There is a 10-degree fold at the phone's top and bottom, and the chamfer has a shiny "3D polish". The phone definitely looks ergonomic and probably feels just fine in the hand, not to mention that the overall design evokes the HTC One - a phone that even Apple was impressed with. But producing this carefully sculpted aluminum shell does have a price – it takes 90 minutes, and the current yeld is only 48%.

Speaking of HTC's last year flagship, you know that its UltraPixel rear camera is both a notable and controversial feature. Like them or not, the UltraPixels are heading for a return in the IUNI U2's front camera, which is exactly the same as the HTC One's rear shooter. Looking at the front camera comparisons which IUNI posted, it could turn out that the ultrapixels have a previously unsuspected potential for "selfie"-taking. As for the rear camera, the IUNI U2 is wheeling in the heavy artillery - it's the 16MP, 1.34µm sensor seen in the Gionee Elife E7. You will have to forgive it for causing a visible bulge to the U2's otherwise elegant back panel.

WE DO LIVE IN INTERESTING TIMES
So, how much for this beauty? Prepare to be pleasantly shocked. The 32GB version with 3GB RAM will cost only $320, while the 16GB version with 2GB RAM will be $290. The pricing is absolutely outrageous, as it basically sells a premium smartphone at a price lower than mid-range. But if you are in China, and desperate to compete with Xiaomi, it's what you got to do to stay afloat.

The smartphone is currently on pre-order for Chinese customers, who can make a deposit for the 32GB version. As it's mostly the case with these beautiful Asian monsters, there's no information about the IUNI U2's global availability. However, the phone is making a statement - as low-cost Chinese vendors have already secured premium hardware, they are turning their eyes to competing with design as well. As the old Chinese saying goes, we do live in interesting times.

Saw that phone coverage in MWC 2014, seems great.

China should try to understand what created that situation and try to reproduce it with other products.

Oppo Find 7 4G TD LTE version smartphone is my next target. If Oppo install domestic 8 core cpu into Find 7 will be better.

OnePlus?:coffee:Never heard of it。:crazy:What's the brand in Chinese?;)

China’s OnePlus leaks specs for upcoming smartphone, but can it stand out?

oneplus-pete-lau-2-720x479.jpg

OnePlus founder Pete Lau

New Chinese smartphone maker OnePlus slipped us some new specs for its upcoming OnePlus One flagship device this week. The One is slated to come out sometime this quarter.

Here’s the latest specs:

• 16/64GB storage options
  • 5.5″ 1080p display
  • 3100 mAh battery
  • 13mp Sony Exmor Camera
  • Voice wakeup
  • Global LTE
  • Exchangeable StyleSwap back covers to change textures, patterns
Update: The CPU will be the 2.3Ghz quad-core Snapdragon 800.

Looking good so far, but some fans don’t seem satisfied. They worry One will just be a cheaper version of Oppo’s Find 7, which was just revealed this week. There’s some credibility to these concerns; OnePlus and Oppo will use the same factories and other resources. Both have partnered with Android ROM CyanogenMod, and about 15 percent of OnePlus’ staff are ex-Oppo employees.

(See: OnePlus One coming in Q2, aims to disrupt China’s smartphone market)

The only component we know for sure is identical so far is the camera, Sony’s 13-megapixel Exmor – an excellent, critically acclaimed piece of glass.

The Find 7′s screen is the same size but comes with a superior resolution. That makes sense, since it will likely be quite a bit more expensive than the One. The Find 7 also comes with the stock Android 4.3 installed rather than CyanogenMod and has a slightly smaller battery (note these are specs for the Find 7, not the cheaper Find 7a).

Below we’ve whipped up a table comparing what we know about the OnePlus with its competitors. The Xiaomi Mi3 and LG Nexus 5 are expected to be in the same price range and target demographic.

Table:China's OnePlus leaks specs for upcoming smartphone

OnePlus also always makes a point of emphasizing its build quality, which it has said is only comparable to Apple. The company hopes this will help set it apart from the pack.

Editing by Josh Horwitz

By all means criticize in the end the discussion ends with you are accustomed to iphone that is your reason to praise iphone nothing else on technical background iphone is nothing but regular phone with 8 months behind other phones in technology no space age technology...no need to bash HTC One M8 you have not tested it because it has no been released it is slated to be released very soon...hold and and use it then come back...for me i can tell you about iphones I am technologist as well I have invested time and money to test products and owned each side by side for brief weeks to try out. Sometime it is good to read tons of technology sites they have tested phone cameras and iphone always have ended 3-4 or last.
To me quality matters.I still believe HTC is a low end product and a cheap gimmick. M8 might have duo camera and LED covers but then thats it.They release their products way after the superior brands release their products in the market.So that gives them sufficient time to come up with features that other brands have.
You said you're a technologist,frankly you dont sound like one.You haven't yet explained the functions of the phones that you've ostensibly tested.If you could explain in detail the functions of HTC that really stand apart from the crowd of smart phones.
Btw I also use note-3 so I do know how an android works.iOS has been more secure till now.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom