What's new

Will Chinese Smartphones Surpass Established Brands in Sales?

established smartphones are all made in china so the brands will be too one day.
They are produced by the wage slave in China. The companies, tech etc is foreign .

The thing is in defence industry China can steal or try to steal. With consumer goods they can't. They will be boycotted and isolated and China will distintegrate.

That is why I think China will never switch from cheap manufacturing source to higher manifacutring country.

Hardly rings a tocsin's ding!!
It did ring a ding in the tocsin's, or else why would you not answer my question about the part not being Chinese?

They are produced by the wage slave in China. The companies, tech etc is foreign .

The thing is in defence industry China can steal or try to steal. With consumer goods they can't. They will be boycotted and isolated and China will distintegrate.

That is why I think China will never switch from cheap manufacturing source to higher manifacutring country.
Tell me what did you contribute here besides talking from your rear?

It did ring a ding in the tocsin's, or else why would you not answer my question about the part not being Chinese?
What are you getting to???
Okay let me show you something then.....

How Much Of The iPhone Is 'Made In China'?

Apple (AAPL) CEO Tim Cook has been taking some heat lately over the company’s Made in China tech. Not only is one of its biggest manufacturers, Foxconn, wrestling with worker suicide due to stressful labor conditions, but many have wondered why the hot selling product can’t be made in the U.S. instead.

Actually, a lot of the iPhone is already Made in the U.S.A.

A report written by three U.S. professors showed that only about “$10 or less in direct labor wages goes into an iPhone or iPad is paid to Chinese workers.”

How Much Of The iPhone Is 'Made In China'? - Forbes

I think that should clear your doubts :coffee:

The thing is in defence industry China can steal or try to steal. With consumer goods they can't. They will be boycotted and isolated and China will distintegrate.That is why I think China will never switch from cheap manufacturing source to higher manifacutring country.

Chinese goods have categories for country wise and according to buyer powers it is on buyer what quality he/ she want , I think technology is innovating for money and research is possible by money and the western countries are investing huge money on research not for keep it behind iron curtains they are simply sellers.

dude stop smoking crack, china is in total control of the process. These smartphones are almost all Chinese or taiwanese. Maybe here and there is a compenent from japan or korea but none of that i repeat none of any parts is made in america or the west.

Apple (AAPL) CEO Tim Cook has been taking some heat lately over the company’s Made in China tech. Not only is one of its biggest manufacturers, Foxconn, wrestling with worker suicide due to stressful labor conditions, but many have wondered why the hot selling product can’t be made in the U.S. instead.

A report written by three U.S. professors showed that only about “$10 or less in direct labor wages goes into an iPhone or iPad is paid to Chinese workers.”

The article cites, "The report points out that while the Apple products – including components – are manufactured in China, the primary benefits go to the U.S. economy because Apple continues to keep most of its product design, software development, product management, marketing and other high-wage functions in the U.S., not China."
Your point is?

The article cites, "The report points out that while the Apple products – including components – are manufactured in China, the primary benefits go to the U.S. economy because Apple continues to keep most of its product design, software development, product management, marketing and other high-wage functions in the U.S., not China."
Your point is?
My point is that the iPhone's parts might be made in China but the technology still remains American.And ergo the performance.
I have maintained that I might not be comfortable buying a product which works on Chinese technology. Just because the quality is compromised at various levels.

LOL @levina, You seriously googled, "
How Much Of The iPhone Is 'Made In China'?"
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

My point is that the iPhone's parts might be made in China but the technology still remains American.And ergo the performance.
I have maintained that I might not be comfortable buying a product which works on Chinese technology. Just because the quality is compromised at various levels.
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
And you do not think, Chinese have that technology? Are you sure, you are qualified to comment in this thread?

LOL @levina, You seriously googled, "
How Much Of The iPhone Is 'Made In China'?"

And you do not think, Chinese have that technology? Are you sure, you are qualified to comment in this thread?

Whoa!!!
Then why doesnt the so called Chinese mobile give iPhone like performance???
Even Samsung beyond a point doesn't give iPhone like quality.Yes it is expensive and thats the only drawback.
But somehow to somebody like you who makes tawdry and malodorous comments might not even grasp what i am talking about.
You're worthy of CARP and CRAP only. :sick:

AFAIK, noticeable brands would be HTC, Apple, Samsung and Nokia. But what I would like to suggest are the upcoming brands like, OPPO, Huawei, Xiaomi and Lastly Lenovo. But i've lost confident on Lenovo as a smartphone player due to their last launch of Vibe X.
Unless, Lenovo can pull up their sleeves, I don't see them getting past Samsung or Apple.
Oppo and Xiaomi has that potential. Not forgetting Huawei, but they need to get their Marketing sorted out, which in-fact they are into it.

One serious player I can consider is Oppo.

Yep like I said Oppo, Huawei and Xiaomi are three serious brands and maybe zte along with HTC...samsung never except for Note series and apple is nothing but a copycat of android and specially windows their product are typical restricted and technology is same same the 64bit processor they introduced is useless as there are not many apps for it anyway I never liked apple products whether phone or computer.

Whoa!!!
Even Samsung beyond a point doesn't give iPhone like quality.Yes it is expensive and thats the only drawback.
But somehow to somebody like you who makes tawdry and malodorous comments might not even grasp what i am talking about.

Nothing special in iphone nor the product is made of space age stuff the technology inside apple is always 8 months behind the competition the introduced 64bit processor is nothing special nor is finger print reader any revolutionary...and how ios 7/7.1 copied blatantly android and windows phone os is beyond shameless. Even the HTC One is one product that beats apple at design and UI. Performance of iphone 5 is average i hope it don't come to the point where I post you 20 articles of various problems with iphone OS including the famous battery drain and exploding and what not. You can do things with android OS that you can't with apple ios but hey never diss android products even US military is putting it on most secured product and OS they know the stuff blackberrie are going out of the way.

Last edited:
Whoa!!!
Me think you need to shut your mouth if you are not knowledgeable about smartphone performance and quality. There are neutral professional benchmarks like AnTuTu that you can compare, you know? Do you dig that? LOL.

Ranking - AnTuTu Benchmark -- Know Your Android Better

Me think you need to shut your mouth if you are not knowledgeable about smartphone performance and quality. There are neutral professional benchmarks like AnTuTu that you can compare, you know? Do you dig that? LOL.

Ranking - AnTuTu Benchmark -- Know Your Android Better

I just checked your link, according to your own source the top ranking mobiles are: Samsung Galaxy S3, Sony Xperia Z Ultra, etc... I didn't see any Chinese brand. So if I may ask, why are you angry?

It's a bit out of topic, but still about Made In China problem. Now see, when there was no Smartphone in this world, Nokia was one of the most famous Handphone brand in the world. Now, I bought some of this HP, while in other occassion, I bought a brandless (a phone without a brand) made in China. And it's funny that all my Nokia phone has been broken / out of service, while my brandless Chinese Phone still operational until now.

In other occasion, I have 2 air conditioners. One of them are Sharp Air Conditioner. (Sharp as Japanese Brand), while the other are Nexian, a Chinese product (a brand that I think has been vanished from this earth). I bought Nexian AC in 2003, while I bought Sharp AC in 2010. And guess what? My Nexian AC is still operational and good right now, while my Sharp AC has been broken and unrepairable a year ago. So what do you think?

The difference between Chinese products and Western ones is just that when your western products have the ability to talk, your Chinese products still use monitor and you must read it.

Because "quality" for the most part is marketing driven. "You get what you paid" for is a western mentality for the longest time. Having been in manufacturing sector for so long I can tell you that quality for the most part depends on the quality of the raw materials.
I too owned a portable heater made in Canada, brought it for $55 back in 2008, broke down in 2011. I had a no name made in China portable heater purchased for $30 in 2006 and is still working now.

Than why worry the west is so worried about Apple assembling iphones in China?

Last edited:
I just checked your link, according to your own source the top ranking mobiles are: Samsung Galaxy S3, Sony Xperia Z Ultra, etc... I didn't see any Chinese brand. So if I may ask, why are you angry?
Are you on crack? Click on the Highest below MOBILE RANKING. There you see the list with score. Xiaomi 小米3 is the highest with 36,634. Samsung galaxy S5 with 36,161

In other words, highlight are Chinese.

1. Xiaomi 小米3
2. Samsung Galaxy S5
3. Vivo Xplay3s
4. ZTE Nubia z5s
5. LG G2
6. Samsung Galaxy S4
7. Lenovo K910
8. Iuni U2
9. Samsung Galaxy Round
10. Sony Xperia Z2

Last edited:

QQ截图20140323000029.jpg

You should click the "highest"

The 1st rank - Xiaomi3, the 3th vivo and the 7th lenovo are Chinese brand.

Back
Top Bottom