What's new

Will Chinese Smartphones Surpass Established Brands in Sales?

Thanks again for the info.

I'll take a look to see if it is useful.

I have a lenovo loaded with Chinese apps and services. It won't let me to delete those apps because they were classified as system apps.

All I really want is a xiaomi hardware and not miui gui. I prefer the generic android gui over the fancy spancy gui.

If I can root the H3ll of out the phone then I can do whatever I want.

Chinese are copycats, their products are poorly built western copies and lack any innovation. If things are as they are I doubt Chinese brands can surpass any of the established brands.

Chinese are copycats, their products are poorly built western copies and lack any innovation. If things are as they are I doubt Chinese brands can surpass any of the established brands.

You say that out of spite because you know well that India in that regard is not even seen with all available radars in the world. :D

Here in Germany, we do see China as a future competitor but also possible partner, therefore we spend more money on education and R&D to be prepared.

Off course no, there is a huge deference between them two, the Chinese ones have the same look but their performance is of much lower quality than the original.

You say that out of spite because you know well that India in that regard is not even seen with all available radars in the world. :D

Here in Germany, we do see China as a future competitor but also possible partner, therefore we spend more money on education and R&D to be prepared.

There is nothing spite here. Except lenovo I would not consider buying any Chinese products. Simply because they won't work after some time.

As regarding Germany, it is one hell of a market but one of the toughest to break and very traditional. Even US of A failed to make a mark there. Tough luck to Chinese

In case you don't know. India is one of the fastest growing market in the world for mobile phones. And the local manufacturers are quite a dominant players in this billion market

The following are some of the mobile manufacturers in India. The list is partial.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_mobile_phone_makers_by_country#India

^^^ You are shlting me. India's local manufacturing? What manufacturing? You don't have one!!!!

All the phones, tablets are rebrand of the low quality Chinese no-name brands. Even the Chinese themselves would not touch them.

There is nothing spite here. Except lenovo I would not consider buying any Chinese products. Simply because they won't work after some time.

As regarding Germany, it is one hell of a market but one of the toughest to break and very traditional. Even US of A failed to make a mark there. Tough luck to Chinese

In case you don't know. India is one of the fastest growing market in the world for mobile phones. And the local manufacturers are quite a dominant players in this billion market

The following are some of the mobile manufacturers in India. The list is partial.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_mobile_phone_makers_by_country#India

So? None of them has a fan site in Germany or the EU.

Yes, the German market is the most sophisticated and demanding. You make it here, you can make it everywhere.

Look, Xiaomi has not even entered the market but already has a huge fan base.

http://miui-germany.de/wp/

Last edited:
So? None of them has a fan site in Germany or the EU.

Yes, the German market is the most sophisticated and demanding. You make it here, you can make it everywhere.

Look, Xiaomi has not even entered the market but already has a huge fan base.

http://miui-germany.de/wp/

Indian manufacturers have not gone international. I think MicroMax is the first one in trying to be international. Recently it signed Hugh Jackman as a international brand ambassador for its products.

I am a realist, I know that there are early adopters in every markets. If I were you, I would not be that gung ho on just a website and call it huge fan base. I would wait for some time before passing such a statement.

Hope to double India smartphones sale target in 2014: Victor Shan
http://www.business-standard.com/ar...arget-in-2014-victor-shan-113102800216_1.html

Chinese telecommunications equipment and services company, Huawei Technologies is confident of achieving its targeted sale of 100,000 smartphone units in India during 2013. The company has already achieved 80% of this target and hopes that the newly launched smartphone model Ascend P6 will give it a new momentum in the domestic market. Huawei has priced its Ascend P6, which the company claims is the world’s slimmest phone, at Rs 29,999 in India.

The Shenzhen-headquartered company’s President of India Devices Business Department, Victor Shan spoke to Itika Sharma Punit about the company’s plan to double its sales in India next year on the back of Ascend P6 launch, which has already received good reviews globally. Excerpts:

What is the reason for launching Ascend P6 in India?

We have launched the Ascend P6 in China, US, Europe and Japan, and have received a very good response. We have shipped more than 3 million units of Ascend P6 globally, and we have orders for another 2 million units. India as a market for smartphones is growing very fast. We already have an entry-level range of phone. But now, we want to let people know that Huawei is not just about low priced products, it is also a company that can bring better quality products that use better technology.

But India is a very price-sensitive market. Do you think the Ascend P6 will help you grow here, despite its premium pricing?

As per our understanding, Apple's sales in India increased sharply this year, and our product is still at a lower price point than an Apple phone. As the Indian economy is growing people are getting richer, which is leading to a growth in the premium products segment. So far, a majority of our sales for P6 have been in China, and we think India has an even better potential than China.

How do you plan to increase your market share for smartphones in India?

So far, our presence in India is majorly through set top boxes and data cards, but we hope that our smartphone sales will also pick up pace with the launch of the new model. Also, as of now our smartphone sale in India is more through partnerships with telecom service providers. But we now think we should go to the open market directly with our products. So next year we hope to increase our presence in the open market. We can continue to sell set top boxes and data cards through service providers, but our approach is to increase open market sales for the smartphones.

What are your targeted smartphone sales in India?

For 2013, our target is 100,000 units of smartphones, of which we have already achieved 80%. We are hopeful that with the launch of the Ascend P6, we will achieve our target for this year. For the next year, 2014, we are hoping to sell 200,000 units, of which we expect 15% will come from Ascend P6. So we hope to sell 30,000 units of Ascend P6 in India during 2014.

How do you plan to compete with other established players that have larger market share in India?

We have a local sales team in India and we are selling a series of products here already. Unlike some Chinese manufacturers which don’t offer good quality products and have poor after sales services, we have brought to India a smartphone that uses best technology. So we believe that the Ascent P6 will be our flagship product in that sense, and it will help us build a good branding. We want to let the Indian people know that Huawei is not just about low-cost products; we offer good quality, high-technology and premium products.

What is your outlook for the Indian smartphone market?

India is a huge market for smartphones. We have been in Indian market for more than 12 years, and we see a huge potential for smartphones here. This year, I think Indians will buy more than 30 million smartphone units, which I am sure will cross 40 million next year.

The biggest market always has an advantage to decide the future standard.

There was a newsstory days ago that China just overtook the US becoming the biggest smartphone market in the world.

So China is THE most competitive smarphone market, the battle grouds for all the giants.

In Holland I only can find Huawei and OPPO from China. I just did some research oh boy, China's smartphone makers nowadays are stunning. The best brandnames that can rival iphone 4/5 and Sumsung G4 include:

Huawei Ascend p6
ZTE Grand
OPPO Find 5/7 (Find 7 is the most expansive Chinese phone in the Dutch market closing in on iphone)
Xiaomi Mi3
Meizu MTX
Jiayu G4, G5
UMi X2
Zopo
iOcean
Lenovo

Man, the rise and rise of quality and quanitity of new tech companies from China offering all category of quality-price smartphones is becoming just insane.

Huawei, with the help of Ascent P6, has already risen to the overall 3rd position in the Dutch market in Q3 just after Appple and Samsung, taking traditional Dutch favorates such as Nokia, HTC and Sony by storm.

If Xiaomi or Meizu is for sale in Europe, I can't see why they couldn't devour iphone 5 and Samsung G4 alive for breakfast! Even Huawei executives called the market leader Samsung G4 a "so-so phone".:rolleyes:

They reason that they made it big in China was because China was much poorer up until 2000 and Samsung offered the right price range. In Europe until the mid 2000, nobody really thought of Samsung being a serious competitor to Nokia or even Motorola or Sony Ericsson. All my pre-smartphones were either Nokia or Sony-Ericsson because Samsung was just not cool back then.

The biggest market always has an advantage to decide the future standard.

As i said, before 2000, samsung is majoring in US/Asia Market, which uses CDMA network.

While the whole Europe is using GSM and again as i said to my previous post again, that is why 3 of the Big 4 Mobile Company during 2000-2009 are European,
Nokia - Finland,
Siemens - Germany
Ericsson - Sweden

That's because the world choose GSM over CDMA, europe won and all other company have to adjust.

I'd like to add....Apple Inc.'s iphones have the advantage of "stickiness". Something that others like Samsung don't have. What I mean is that Apple develop their own software, whereas others like Samsung use Google's Android OS. So customers can easily switch from Samsung to another brand using the same Google's OS. Samsung has fantastic branding as well. Long gone are the days where Samsung's goods were the laughing stock in the world of electronics.

But then, the downside for Apple is that their costs are higher (i.e. they develop their own software). They have to release new models every now and then, otherwise, iphone would become history :D

iphone's were (at least initially) meant to appeal to fans of Apple's very successful ipod series. And in fact, many of the current users of iphone were ipod users. That makes them very loyal to Apple. But for other markets where Apple's market penetration isn't that great? Not so much. And then, there's also Microsoft's OS. Heck, they recently bought Nokia for over $7 billion.

It's not the hardware that counts. Or how cheaply it is made. It's the software.

Apps is only a small problem.

Indeed that is why Iphone preceived as the leader of Smartphone early 2010s, their stragety is more or less like their rival Microsoft during their competition on PC market. While Mac have always get a better quality hardware (Still is today) but it was Software suits that bring Microsoft ahead, when MS develope their OS, they do not just do it with computer hardware in mind, meaning how they support their system or what not, MS people design an OS that built around their perp. application, things like MS Office and Internet Explorer.

Mac loses the PC Market not because they are less advance in anything, it's because they are lacking in software. Same reason you see over and over again in other field like gaming console and even coffee :)

The problem with today smartphone is, Google Build Android around Samsung Phones. That is become "Samsung" Standard. You see, any phones that comes into the amrket today using Android have the exact same layout, exact same button positioning, exact same functions. No matter which phones you uses, which apps you use, it always the same interfaces and the same everything. That would translate to every other phone out there that uses android is either a cheaper version of Samsung Phone or a phone make to samsung standard that are cheaper.

That would give people a brand preference that they will buy anyother phone if they cannot afford a samsung, but if they do and can, they will go for samsung.

You say anything bad about India, you will find every Indian member singing their National Anthem in PDF.

levina, contradicted herself. She thought she bought a US-Made phone but it is made in China.
She claims that US quality is good but she did not know that she was also complementing China's quality.
Quality Control is stringent for US companies because they cater to the standards set by the Federal Government. Chinese companies are not. A made in China genuine Apple product is not a Chinese phone.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom