What's new

Will Chinese Smartphones Surpass Established Brands in Sales?

Yes or no? Nothing matter,
In 2012, China made 1180million mobiles(69% of the world mobiles), only 260million sold in China, Most of Iphone, Sony, Sumsung etc are made in China, even at a same foctory, only paste different logos

I guess you either were not born yet or too young to own a phone 10 or so years ago

I guess either way, you have not ever heard of the Samsung m-100 mobile phone?

Back in 1996, you're right, Samsung was indeed an occupied with low-end mobile phone market, after 1998 tho, Samsung say it can be no more as they have made a wrong investment on CDMA market instead of GSM market, back then GSM were considered high end phone market, which the top of the range product is still selling today at the absolutely low end

In come M-100, what make M-100 great phone at all time is not the style nor its quality, but network service and innovation

http://m.gsmarena.com/samsung_m100-reviews-208.php

Back at 2000, when the most advanced phone you call on the market was a flip phone, then in come Samsung M-100 which was claim argubly as the world FIRST Inbuild MP-3 phone, where in trun it spawn the mobile giant at that time alike to Incorperated MP3 in their respective phone.

Also, it was one of the first phone that run dual channel GSM network, this is one of the best out there, 13 years ago, I choose this phone instead of the Nokia phone, and Motorola, which all selling for about 2000 HKD

To say Samsung is focusing on low end market 10 years ago is absurd and stupid, they were long a competitor for advance and sophicated phone maker in 2000, and of equal to less footing than the then 3 giants, Nokia, Erisson and Motorala, did you even know how Samsung get to the top on 2009 at quad band GSM market? It's because they are the first one to adopt android which killed off apple IOs and IOs in turn killed off the opera system using in phone like Nokia, SE back in 2007

So to answer your second question,
Its not Samsung make Android on top, it's Android make Samsung in top people think android, they will relate with Samsung, that is why Samsung is on top, and no Chinese phone could achieve that as long as they are using the google android, unless Chinese have make an OS whenever mentioned will immediate related to brand like Huawei or Lenovo. They can never surpass Samsung on anything.

See kid, it never because of the brand and the phone that being a certain company on top, it's the network and OS

CDMA got wiped out by GSM, GSM got wipe out by 2G, 2g got wiped out by 3G, and 3G have its own battle of android and IOs,phone company never matter.

Again you can go say mark my word this and that and China will become this and that, that does not mean it is true or it will be true, this is my final post here, dream all you want, without and facts and reference support, it's a waste of time talking to you
You continue to be a joke and focus on the irrelevant issues that are not related how Samsung overtake Nokia as the biggest phone maker in the world. It has nothing to do with Samsung network channel or any of this so called "Mp-3". It has to do with diversification strategy of Samsung. They offer low-end phones to rack up market share and slowly building up their brand with the Galaxy lineup. Samsung success can be sum up in one word, "Android". Before Samsung's galaxy or Apple's Iphone, Blackberry is the king of the high-end mobile world.

I did not say Samsung is on the low-end market. But their strategy is to offer low-end, cheap phones to the mass and the high-end phone is limited in the advance market.

Wrong. it's Android make Samsung in top, not Samsung make Android on top. You have it backward. Before Android, Samsung's own OS is shit and nothing. In fact, a few of Samsung's fund OS is going nowhere now, such as Bada.

Wrong again. The first commercially phone to run Android was HTC Dream. Samsung just did it better by adding their "unique flavor" to the base Android OS. But nope, it wasn't predominantly Samsung that led to the success of Android although they did made huge contribution to the popularity due to their vast lineup of phone model; however, the main key to Android success can be sum up in a few words, imho, "Linux-open source". Since Android is an open-source, it has already attract millions of code enthusiasts ready to crack the first android app in the open android market. The fire spreads out even more when more companies adopt Android, which mean more developers to write application. Whether Samsung adopt android or not, it is inevitable that some non-Samsung android-phone maker will dominate because of its "open-source" with a million-ready army to write apps.

Opps sorry my friend, wrong again. Networking Communication Technology are meant to be improving and evolving. So it is nothing unique that one operator adopts a newer technology to take advantage of new communication technology. It's standard for mobile operator to seek the fastest and the best.

Like I told you, not all Android phones are the same. They use the same base Android OS to run android foundation but each adds their own "unique android flavor". Anyhow, I sense you do not have a good understand of Andoird. How do I know so much? it's simple, I'm an android coder myself

ok, fair enoguh.

but huawei had rolled out many much cheaper smartphones previosuly. P6 is supposed to be its new flagship. Dutch pundits think p6 is the first huawei phone that could match Samsung S4 and iphone 5. many including me also think that P6 is the most elegant amongst them - so has a potential to go a big bang. My question is WHY the heck it prices it well below its competitiors. sure, cheaper prices may gain some market share in general sense, but in the high end market segment, the people don't care that much you are slightly cheaper or not - WE DON"T CARE paying 3oo or 600 or 700 as long as it's good - cheaper prices then could easily backfire.
It is difficult to say now which marketing strategy will work in the long-run. Generally speaking, cheaper phone will always outsell the high-end phone in numbers and racking up more "global consumer" but less profitable. Yes, I understand the rich, advance consumers do not care about paying 300 EU or 600 EU but those in "poor", less advance, country really care. This is why, Huawei thinking process, is to expand their brand in developing market, to obtain a stable base.

I am sure it is very easy to rack up the price, but you risk losing sold quantity and losing profit. Higher price means more expenditure in marketing. And if you are going to offer higher price, Huawei would need world-class marketing campaign, which they severely lacking.

Poor Indians can't afford high quality Chinese smartphones and can only settle for the likes of Micromax phones which are made in China and rebranded for sale in India.

Yet the Indians are bitching about the quality of Chinese smartphones?

Shameless bunch。:D

These poor indians even claim that Micromax is indigenously made in India.. :rolleyes:

I have been using a chinese symphony smart phone for a year now and considering the price its lasting pretty well.

It does not matter how high end Chinese phone can be, as long as it ran western OS, they will not overtake the giant like Samsung or iPhone internationally

Although android is open source, they are build surrounding the western inter cellular network, as long as this happen, Chinese phone will only always seen as a cheaper replacement for the "Real High End" phone

Problem is, indeed Chinese phone can be made and sold a lot cheaper than the western counterpart, it will make good market in low income area, however, if you look at Chinese market itself, even the higher income bracket would choose the like of iPhone and Galaxy

When you only have 100-200 bucks to spend on a phone, you will put price at a very high priority, however, when money is not an issue, innovation and service package and brand will overtake price at their priority

That's simply saying, if a customer can easily afford 700 bucks for a phone, most likely they will ended up buying Samsung and iPhone rather than Lenovo and Huewei

Chinese need to work on the OS system rather than the phone itself to flip the international market, it's not because of the phone itself to allow Samsung and iPhone crown over Nokia and SE, it's always the OS. As long as Chinese phone using western OS, the market will still be in control by the western giant, Chinese phone can at most have a share of it, but they cannot surpass anything internationally

I'd like to add....Apple Inc.'s iphones have the advantage of "stickiness". Something that others like Samsung don't have. What I mean is that Apple develop their own software, whereas others like Samsung use Google's Android OS. So customers can easily switch from Samsung to another brand using the same Google's OS. Samsung has fantastic branding as well. Long gone are the days where Samsung's goods were the laughing stock in the world of electronics.

But then, the downside for Apple is that their costs are higher (i.e. they develop their own software). They have to release new models every now and then, otherwise, iphone would become history :D

iphone's were (at least initially) meant to appeal to fans of Apple's very successful ipod series. And in fact, many of the current users of iphone were ipod users. That makes them very loyal to Apple. But for other markets where Apple's market penetration isn't that great? Not so much. And then, there's also Microsoft's OS. Heck, they recently bought Nokia for over $7 billion.

It's not the hardware that counts. Or how cheaply it is made. It's the software.

Phones, tablets, laptops, desktops are now more of a commodity than brand name products.

People could easily switch from one phone to another. There is less and less innovation on the new phones are are coming out every 3 months. The difference between them is bigger, smaller screen. Do you really need quad processors in a phone? Really?

Apple phone is a dying product. Only the ignorant young people bought them because their friends have one.

one of friend in Dubai told me that chinese products are banned in India.

Lol, low market, yes. Virtually nobody? No

The reason why Samsung is a low heat in Europe is because GSM is the preferred network of choice in Europe, where as rest of the world (America, Japan, Asis) were using CDMA, Samsung were major power of mobile phone in CDMA up until 2000 and it have far less GSM phone than CDMA handset

They reason that they made it big in China was because China was much poorer up until 2000 and Samsung offered the right price range. In Europe until the mid 2000, nobody really thought of Samsung being a serious competitor to Nokia or even Motorola or Sony Ericsson. All my pre-smartphones were either Nokia or Sony-Ericsson because Samsung was just not cool back then.

The biggest market always has an advantage to decide the future standard.

^^^ How can a get a Xiaomi without the reploaded Chinese apps and services?

Anyway to unlock the bootloader and root?

^^^ How can a get a Xiaomi without the reploaded Chinese apps and services?

Anyway to unlock the bootloader and root?

The link I posted has the detailed instruction how to reboot the whole system into German. There seems to be a bunch of enthusiasts who code all the stuffs and translate them into German.

I meant to say Pre-loaded. But thanks anyway. I speak little German and would not be useful for me.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom