What's new

Will Chinese Smartphones Surpass Established Brands in Sales?

"Levina, contradicted herself. She thought she bought a US-Made phone but it is made in China.
She claims that US quality is good but she did not know that she was also complementing China's quality."

It means quality of American technology is good.

It means quality of American technology is good.

It means the quality of Chinese products is GOOD but the value of it will be much higher if a "Made-In-USA" stamp was put on it.

when did i even say i like the US made goods....or anything to that effect???
heights of misunderstanding!!!!
I said i wont buy a chinese brand smartphone.....i hope you got it right this time
coffee.gif
:................

Here :

"Apple still remains my first choice."

It means the quality of Chinese products is GOOD but the value of it will be much higher if a "Made-In-USA" stamp was put on it.

American company follows the standard of technology while manufacturing. Chinese are mainly famous for the cheap rip-offs like Nokla phones.

nokla_n95_2.jpg

American company follows the standard of technology while manufacturing. Chinese are mainly famous for the cheap rip-offs like Nokla phones.

nokla_n95_2.jpg

I find it so funny because Indian accuse China for knock offs while Indians in India do the same.

Bollywood is a BIG knock off of Hollywood is just one example.

Here :

"Apple still remains my first choice."

In big bold letters
i never mentioned "US goods"
icon_evil.gif

Apple happens to be an American product which is assembled in China and processed i dont know where all on this globe.
Now if you want to misconstrue my statement then go ahead ....do it.
Its my weekend and i am not going to let any chinese brand smartphone spoil my weekend fun.
icon_evil.gif

Last edited:
Hmmmm i am doubtful that i would ever buy a chinese smartphone.How long would these chinese smartphones survive??

No surety, but 6 to 8 months if you are lucky, and then you buy a new one. Hence, the sale is high in terms of absolute numbers.

Btw, I can't see your nationality, but if you are a Pakistani, then you are NOT supposed to speak negative about anything Chinese, at least here. :)

Right @Hafizzz bhai? :D

Last edited:
levina, contradicted herself. She thought she bought a US-Made phone but it is made in China.
She claims that US quality is good but she did not know that she was also complementing China's quality.

By this logic, many foreign goods, from global LED TV brands to renowned foreign cars to high-end military weapons and fighter planes like MKIs are manufactured in India, hence you should also congratulate India.

Chinese quality means Chinese brand's quality, though I am not comfortable with reputed global brands made in China also, reputed retailers like Walmart and global brands like Nestle and Mead Johnson had been duped by them already. US and Europe complaints about Chinese quality even after paying top dollar.

I've tried Symphony mobile phones. They are pretty durable and lasts long. But not sure about smartphones (which they do currently offer). They also offer tablets for something like Tk. 15000 (~$ 190). There are many companies who are competing in the smartphone market. And all I can say is, it is highly competitive.

And as far as any Chinese smartphone company would go, Lenovo would first come to mind.

As for me, I use Nokia (call me old-fashioned, I don't care).

Last edited:
Btw, I can't see your nationality, but if you are a Pakistani, then you are NOT supposed to speak negative about anything Chinese, at least here. :)
Right @Hafizzz bhai? :D

Dont worry i am an INDIAN....so anti-CHINESE statements are not an issue....for me that is :p

Last edited:
Lenovo is doing quiet well. I am using one. It is very well made, light weight, good battery life. Especially after I rooted it, I can make it sing.

The only problem with the Chinese cell phones here in Canada are incompatible with the network system. They use different bands so it is difficult to get one that would work in North America. Also the Android phones usually come with a lot of Chinese apps and services which are not useful or applicable in NA.

But if you look hard enough you will find one that works. Most of their phone are well made.

Last edited:
By this logic, many foreign goods, from global LED TV brands to renowned foreign cars to high-end military weapons and fighter planes like MKIs are manufactured in India, hence you should also congratulate India.

I will congratulate India if I see one(good quality goods).

Chinese quality means Chinese brand's quality, though I am not comfortable with reputed global brands made in China also, reputed retailers like Walmart and global brands like Nestle and Mead Johnson had been duped by them already. US and Europe complaints about Chinese quality even after paying top dollar.

Paying top dollars ? LOL

The only reason why foreign companies setup factories in China is because they don't want to spend more than Peanuts on paying workers their salaries.

I will congratulate India if I see one(good quality goods).

That would be very tough for you, your heart will break; literally!! :)

Paying top dollars ? LOL

The only reason why foreign companies setup factories in China is because they don't want to spend more than Peanuts on paying workers their salaries.

Salary is paid as per that country's salary structure, otherwise who will join the company? However, low salary doesn't justify melamine in baby food or toxic materials/color in toys, or does it??

Back
Top Bottom