What's new

Will Chinese Smartphones Surpass Established Brands in Sales?

India has long long way to go before they can manufacture anything that can be sold in Walmart, except clothing. LoL at those Indians talking about quality.

India is not even industrializing. Call centers are not 21 century industry. Rome was not built in one day, or industrialization was not achieved in 1 decade, but at least China is getting there. Shoddy products are just byproduct of industrialization when regulations lag behind industrialization.

I am waiting for the day when Walmart is flooded with made in India goods. You are still in 19th century. Maybe I am a bit harsh, but some Indians are getting ridiculous.

High-end Chinese smartphones are among the best in the world's。

Poor Indians can't afford high quality Chinese smartphones and can only settle for the likes of Micromax phones which are made in China and rebranded for sale in India.

Yet the Indians are bitching about the quality of Chinese smartphones?

Shameless bunch。:D

The days when Samsung is the NO. 1 smartphone brand by volume in China are numbered。

I give it 1 year,2 years max,even at a time when the heir apparent of Samsung seeks audience with President Xi on a regular basis(often more than once during a single event)。Naming its Chinese subsidiary China Samsung(rather than Samsung XXXX as it does in other parts of the world)is not enough。;)

The days when Samsung is the NO. 1 smartphone brand by volume in China are numbered。
Halucination at its best!!! :D

I might be an ardent Apple fan but still i feel if any ....any mobile comp can take over the name and fame of Samsung & Apple products that will be a Google mobile.
Google is trying its best to enter the mobile market.So in another 1-2 yrs it'll be the Google mobiles that these famed mobile companies will have to tackle and not the CHINESE mobiles. Lol.

Halucination at its best!!! :D

I might be an ardent Apple fan but still i feel if any ....any mobile comp can take over the name and fame of Samsung & Apple products that will be a Google mobile.
Google is trying its best to enter the mobile market.So in another 1-2 yrs it'll be the Google mobiles that these famed mobile companies will have to tackle and not the CHINESE mobiles. Lol.

Hallucination is for a guy like you。:D

You are out of touch and know bugger all about what is happening in China。

I repeat:Samsung smartphone will lose its NO. 1 position in China in a year or two。

Lenovo is already a close second by volume taking 13% market share while Samsung has 16%.

In 2-3 years, foreign smartphone brands will account for less than 20% of the Chinese market, following the route all other electronic goods have gone through(Japanese white goods for example is now a tiny 2%, with TV less than 1%).

Watch this space.

In the meantime, India will and should keep selling rebranded Chinese smartphones.;)

Hallucination is for a guy like you。:D
Ohh yaar....why do guys here always end up changing my gender.uffffff
Why is it that you guys always feel tat a female can not enter a male territory??hmm??
Women can enter and survive in such shark infested waters.:p

cirr said:
I repeat:Samsung smartphone will lose its NO. 1 position in China in a year or two。
Even a small child on the street can make such predictions....you know why??? Because in the world of technology CHANGE is constant.
3 years back NOKIA was the king of mobiles and today its almost extinct.

Now my prediction......GOOGLE will enter the mobile market and that would change the table.
Write it down on stone dear sir....sorry cirr.
cirr said:
Watch this space.
I am....i hope you do too
coffee.gif
:.............

cirr said:
In the meantime, India will and should keep selling rebranded Chinese smartphones.;)
Hahaha...see we are still smart.

"Survival of the fittest" .......time will prove

Ohh yaar....why do guys here always end up changing my gender.uffffff
Why is it that you guys always feel tat a female can not enter a male territory??hmm??
Women can enter and survive in such shark infested waters.:p

Even a small child on the street can make such predictions....you know why??? Because in the world of technology CHANGE is constant.
3 years back NOKIA was the king of mobiles and today its almost extinct.

Now my prediction......GOOGLE will enter the mobile market and that would change the table.
Write it down on stone dear sir....sorry cirr.

I am....i hope you do too
coffee.gif
:.............

Hahaha...see we are still smart.

"Survival of the fittest" .......time will prove

lol the way rats survive?survival of the fittest。time will prove indeed lol。:rolleyes:

It does not matter how high end Chinese phone can be, as long as it ran western OS, they will not overtake the giant like Samsung or iPhone internationally

Although android is open source, they are build surrounding the western inter cellular network, as long as this happen, Chinese phone will only always seen as a cheaper replacement for the "Real High End" phone

Problem is, indeed Chinese phone can be made and sold a lot cheaper than the western counterpart, it will make good market in low income area, however, if you look at Chinese market itself, even the higher income bracket would choose the like of iPhone and Galaxy

When you only have 100-200 bucks to spend on a phone, you will put price at a very high priority, however, when money is not an issue, innovation and service package and brand will overtake price at their priority

That's simply saying, if a customer can easily afford 700 bucks for a phone, most likely they will ended up buying Samsung and iPhone rather than Lenovo and Huewei

Chinese need to work on the OS system rather than the phone itself to flip the international market, it's not because of the phone itself to allow Samsung and iPhone crown over Nokia and SE, it's always the OS. As long as Chinese phone using western OS, the market will still be in control by the western giant, Chinese phone can at most have a share of it, but they cannot surpass anything internationally

It does not matter how high end Chinese phone can be, as long as it ran western OS, they will not overtake the giant like Samsung or iPhone internationally

Although android is open source, they are build surrounding the western inter cellular network, as long as this happen, Chinese phone will only always seen as a cheaper replacement for the "Real High End" phone

Problem is, indeed Chinese phone can be made and sold a lot cheaper than the western counterpart, it will make good market in low income area, however, if you look at Chinese market itself, even the higher income bracket would choose the like of iPhone and Galaxy

When you only have 100-200 bucks to spend on a phone, you will put price at a very high priority, however, when money is not an issue, innovation and service package and brand will overtake price at their priority

That's simply saying, if a customer can easily afford 700 bucks for a phone, most likely they will ended up buying Samsung and iPhone rather than Lenovo and Huewei

Chinese need to work on the OS system rather than the phone itself to flip the international market, it's not because of the phone itself to allow Samsung and iPhone crown over Nokia and SE, it's always the OS. As long as Chinese phone using western OS, the market will still be in control by the western giant, Chinese phone can at most have a share of it, but they cannot surpass anything internationally
LOL. Samsung is running ANDROID! But we get penalized for running Android too? Do you know why Android is so popular? Chinese Phone will continue to grab global market share and will continue to improve its quality and technology. Remember, in the mobile world, there is no such thing as lasting forever. I will not use the word "always" as such stupid simplification is nonsensical. 10 years ago, not a single fucking person would buy a Samsung over a Nokia phone. LOL

What we need is a breakthrough in mobile technology that will create revolutionary change in how mobile operation works. We have the R&D, money, and brain power to make it work. We already have a world-class communication network in Huawei, a global name brand like Lenovo, A "google-like" search in Baidu. What we lack is smart "marketing". We will learn how to do this as our economy continues to develop.

It means the quality of Chinese products is GOOD but the value of it will be much higher if a "Made-In-USA" stamp was put on it.

That is not how things work. Parts and technology are supplied by Apple, and Chinese factories assemble them as the labour cost are much lower than in US. In fact the whole supply chain, quality control and value chain are controlled by Apple

Mark my words, Lenovo K Series will be the KING of Smartphone in the global stage in 5 years.

2i7xuvl.jpg

2vl8t48.jpg

K900.png

Intel-powered Lenovo K900 Sold Out As Fast As iPhone 5 In China, Says Local Sellers

by Liu Xiang - Jun 28, 2013

- See more at: http://gsminsider.com/2013/06/lenovo-k900-sold-out-fast-in-china/#sthash.WvI9sgnN.dpuf
Lenovo K900. A real player in the Android market but not many people heard it before. This is because the Lenovo Smartphones are not popular in the international market if compared with its PCs and notebooks. Lenovo has been evolved into a serious player in the smartphone market since last year.

According to Chinese sources, the sales of Lenovo K900 have been impressive so far. Local sellers described the demand of Lenovo K900 is higher than the supply. This is why the Lenovo K900 has been sold out in most of the stores in China. The local sellers even compared the situation with the demand of iPhone 5.

The local sellers described that the Lenovo K900 is popular among the PC and notebook users. The design together with the Lenovo brand and the Intel processor successfully lured the PC users to purchase the Lenovo K900. NBA star Kobe Bryant is the product ambassador of Lenovo K900.

Lenovo K900 has been the first ever Intel CloverTrail+ powered smartphone, also can be qualified as phablet due to its 5.5-inch display. The display is on par with Samsung Galaxy Note 2 but the resolution is 1080p Full HD. It has a metallic finished color on the back that made it looks elegant.

http://gsminsider.com/2013/06/lenovo-k900-sold-out-fast-in-china/

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Snapdragon 800 Lenovo K910 receives network license

lenovo-k910-4.jpg

lenovo-k910-3.jpg

Lenovo’s latest high-end Lenovo K910 has been spotted over at Tenaa receiving it’s network license.

For their next flagship phone Lenovo have dumped the Intel Atom CPU found in the K900 in favour of a Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 chip which will be fitted in the all new Lenovo K910.

The K910 has already made it’s appearance in a number of leaked photos and is now ready to go on sale now that it as it’s official stamp of approval from the Chinese equivalent of the FCC.

Lenovo have stuck to a 5.5-inch 1920 x 1080 display for the K910, and also packed it with 2GB RAM, 5 mega-pixel front camera, 13 mega-pixel rear, 16GB of built-in storage, micro SD card and Android 4.2.2. According to reports the 2.2Ghz quad-core chip in the Lenovo K910 is good for up to 34,072 points in Antutu!

Pricing of the K910 is expected to be on par with the current K900 so expect around 2999 Yuan for the base mode and more for a 32GB (or larger) version.

http://www.gizchina.com/2013/10/13/snapdragon-800-lenovo-k910-receives-network-license/

That is not how things work. Parts and technology are supplied by Apple, and Chinese factories assemble them as the labour cost are much lower than in US. In fact the whole supply chain, quality control and value chain are controlled by Apple
LOL If you don't know anything, it is a good to sit back, relax, and learn.

"Steve Jobs once said that the IPhone jobs won't be coming back to America not because of cheap labor, but because Asian factories produce fast, really FAST, and at a much LARGER scale and FLEXIBILITY."

iPhone-infographic.jpg

iPhone-infographic.jpg

10 years ago, not a single fucking person would buy a Samsung over a Nokia phone. LOL

Lol, that sentence show people like you know NOTHING in mobile device technology

Did you ever know when the CDMA technology is out on 1996, Samsung achieved 51% of global market share in PCS market by 1997?

And do you Samsung were awarded Mobile News Award by global competitor and beaten Nokia, Motorola alike in 1998 and 2000?

To say nobody will consider asamsung phone over Nokia and SE is extremely stupid talk, using profanity will not make your comment more true or certain.

Ofcourse you can continue to say China will this and China will that, without any base of change and somewhat reference, everyone can say anything, it's who can back it up with facts that count. Unless you can come up with a reference to show me how Chinese phone is going to dominate the market without changing the OS, I am not interested in empty debating with ignorant cheerleader like yourselves

xunzi,

Posting a large Apple advertisement doesn't change the fact. Asia has factories and America has companies. There lies all the difference.

Back
Top Bottom