What's new

Wild boars terrorize Islamabad, Pakistan's capital

Wild boar is the best shikar one can go for ( note the wild ones who feed on roots of plants in the wild & not the urban scavengers ).

I read a post about them coming from the Indian side. Brought back memories.

It used to be a common phenomenon to see wild boars scampering off across to the Pak side whenever we'd shoot them. Similarly the Blue Bulls ( Nilgai) would cross over to the Indian side when they were engaged on the Pak side.

Wild boar meat is great & when pickled is best for Chest infections if taken Oct onwards.

Are short term permits not issued to shoot vermin ?
If it was a Nilgai infestation i wouldve been more than happ.and nope no permits allowed in Islamabad only the authorities can hunt them
Due to ban on hunting, wild boars rampant in Islamabad - Pakistan - DAWN.COM

Wild boar is the best shikar one can go for ( note the wild ones who feed on roots of plants in the wild & not the urban scavengers ).

I read a post about them coming from the Indian side. Brought back memories.

It used to be a common phenomenon to see wild boars scampering off across to the Pak side whenever we'd shoot them. Similarly the Blue Bulls ( Nilgai) would cross over to the Indian side when they were engaged on the Pak side.

Wild boar meat is great & when pickled is best for Chest infections if taken Oct onwards.

Are short term permits not issued to shoot vermin ?
If it was a Nilgai infestation i wouldve been more than happ.and nope no permits allowed in Islamabad only the authorities can

hunt them
Due to ban on hunting, wild boars rampant in Islamabad - Pakistan - DAWN.COM

Boars are basically pigs. As a biker I agree that they can cause serious accidents. Hitting a pig is like hitting a brick wall. For their size they are hugely dense and carry big momentum. If you hit a dog straight and don't try and evade and actually hold on tight and give it gas, chances are you might just cut the poor thing in half or pass over him. But a pig, no chance. You are going down. Hard.

That said, wtf is there to be scared about with pigs man? @Zibago

I've seen a boar take off a boys arm.. He got saved due to villagers who shot it (still took away his arm)...

Last edited:
Headline made me think of those pesky sons of parliamentarians, bureaucrats and other lowlifes terrorizing Islamabad.

hunt them export them to other countries and permit trophy hunting over themmm

There are no street dogs in Islamabad..

Apart from hogs... Sometimes leopards descend from the hills ...
Not true go to I and G sectors after 12 you will see them

@Zibago
@DESERT FIGHTER

If humans are so afraid (justifiably), what then happens to street dogs when these hordes descend from the hills?
Dogs run away i have seen many do exactly that when they are eating from dumpsters

seikh sahib koi chot shot lagi kay bach gaye
Pehlay agay aye phir side pay chalay gaye

Back
Top Bottom