What's new

Wild boars terrorize Islamabad, Pakistan's capital

In my village they usually come from the Indian side. The village eldars give prize to whoever kills it. Then it is burned.
You mean you send us terrorists and we send you pigs? jeeez! :laughcry:

plenty of these can be seen in damnay koh eating up the garbage left by the tourist but they are scared of humans they don't even come near to monkeys
F-10,I-9,I-18,H-8,G-6,F-6 mein bhe aam baat hay

Boars are basically pigs. As a biker I agree that they can cause serious accidents. Hitting a pig is like hitting a brick wall. For their size they are hugely dense and carry big momentum. If you hit a dog straight and don't try and evade and actually hold on tight and give it gas, chances are you might just cut the poor thing in half or pass over him. But a pig, no chance. You are going down. Hard.

That said, wtf is there to be scared about with pigs man? @Zibago

Boars are basically pigs. As a biker I agree that they can cause serious accidents. Hitting a pig is like hitting a brick wall. For their size they are hugely dense and carry big momentum. If you hit a dog straight and don't try and evade and actually hold on tight and give it gas, chances are you might just cut the poor thing in half or pass over him. But a pig, no chance. You are going down. Hard.

I dont have a gun and its spring time so they are easily pissed plus they can hurt you real bad
Dunya News: Regional:-Man, girl sustain injuries in pigs attack...

Last edited:

Yeah,unless of course,the so called 'pig' happens to be something like one in this photograph!!
Hogzilla.jpg

I had my bike banned cuz of this :D

Oh i thought article is about Abdul Aziz and Co. Never mind though

One of the reasons I believe partition was a tragic mistake.

We have legions of boar killers in the north eastern tribes and adivasis.
We too have hunters all over Pakistan infact in most places they hunt them just for fun but in Islamabad hunting is banned so unless you fancy 6 months in jail and 11000 fine its not a smart idea to hunt them here

One of the reasons I believe partition was a tragic mistake.

We have legions of boar killers in the north eastern tribes and adivasis.

Wild boar is the best shikar one can go for ( note the wild ones who feed on roots of plants in the wild & not the urban scavengers ).

I read a post about them coming from the Indian side. Brought back memories.

It used to be a common phenomenon to see wild boars scampering off across to the Pak side whenever we'd shoot them. Similarly the Blue Bulls ( Nilgai) would cross over to the Indian side when they were engaged on the Pak side.

Wild boar meat is great & when pickled is best for Chest infections if taken Oct onwards.

We too have hunters all over Pakistan infact in most places they hunt them just for fun but in Islamabad hunting is banned so unless you fancy 6 months in jail and 11000 fine its not a smart idea to hunt them here

Are short term permits not issued to shoot vermin ?

Wild boar is the best shikar one can go for ( note the wild ones who feed on roots of plants in the wild & not the urban scavengers ).

I read a post about them coming from the Indian side. Brought back memories.

It used to be a common phenomenon to see wild boars scampering off across to the Pak side whenever we'd shoot them. Similarly the Blue Bulls ( Nilgai) would cross over to the Indian side when they were engaged on the Pak side.

Wild boar meat is great & when pickled is best for Chest infections if taken Oct onwards.

Are short term permits not issued to shoot vermin ?

Hunting for meat makes a big difference.

P.S. It's March. Did the drive happen?

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom