What's new

Why pray in Arabic and not in a language we understand?

Even with namaz itself, there are many variations, starting from the Sunnah itself, and multiplied in variety over the generations since that time, right?

VC I asked you to elaborate, that I wasn't able to get your point.

You are right there are many variations in namaz itself, but these variations are just limited to minor things like hands off, or tied on belly, raising hands every time you say 'allah u akbar' etc.

But the basic method of namaz is same. Like there are 2 rakats of fajr, and 17 in total..
5 times a day.
and sequence of steps is same, like niyat, qayam, ruku, sajda, tash'hud etc.
facing towards Kaaba.

So what exactly is your point?

Firstly i want all the Muslim to know I am not here to bad mouth anyone and don't want to offend anyone by what I am going to say, and to the non-Muslims i don't need the this is why you are a target of religious fundamentalists routine and mocking of the way most of us pray, I just want a sincere and clear answer.

The question

Since it was Ramadan so in the taraweeh the the Imam recited the complete Quran and like all devoted Muslims I stood behind him for almost 1 1/2 hours daily and offered them but a question came into my mind that how beautiful it would have been if i would have been able to understand what the Imam was saying and apply them into my daily life ( don't get me wrong i have read the Quran with translation in urdu once), then i thought wouldn't it be better if we just prayed in our own language so that we may have a stronger bond with Allah SWT and have a more spiritual rather then physical Nimaz???Allah is aware of what is in our hearts and minds and he can understand all languages so why only pray in Arabic, ''unity'' may be one answer but then we can make public prayer like ''Azan'' in Arabic so that all may know of it but offer ''nimaz'' in our own language so that we may know of it...

There would have been many advantages to this other then religious we as a nation would finally understand our Islamic moral ideals and how practical and relaxed they are, i admit some people do study the Quran with translation but I am talking about the masses of uneducated people who fall pray to proxy mullahs due to the very fact that they don't understand what is in the Quran.

Please comment and i say again non-Muslim brothers please don't mock anything or anyone in this post or there will be retaliation ........

I stand to be corrected so as to remove this confusion so brothers with knowledge share your wisdom with me......

Don't question the wisdom of Allah and prophet - Thank you

Arabic is a beautiful language and Allah choose it to be Arabic, Language of heaven

Also, the spirituality is a sperate thing and Prayers are something else , prayers is you duty to Allah's vast fortunes that he has given Man kind , you are bound to perform prayers

If it was necessary the prophet would have instructed us , but think for a moment if your prophet speaks Arabic is it not a blessing if you made some effort to learn Arabic so you can better relate to your prophet this English which we are proud of is not really our Priority but we do it for business

As a Muslim I follow what our Prophet told us to do

Thank you ...

AzadPakistan......
what have done man...... :secret:

now these lebirals will tag you Mullah.... terrorist sympathizer .. and andad ad

An interesting counter point, not saying that people should thinjk it is absolute truth, just that historical "facts" are sometimes victims of ideology

See at :The Compilation of The Quran

But there is no surety that addition are not included to make counter point and more over that site initiator's motives were clear based over conspiracies and widely unproved sources.

Here is important to note that Shiaah itself came into existence after first huge investment of Jews & fire worshipers of Iran's planning to make major conflict in Islam (off topic).

This also important to mention here that first Hadith’s book were written in Faras (Iran) after some 250 years the death of Prophet (PBUH). Need to think what forced him to compile this book when till that time there weren’t question over Sunah. Why he was allowed to do so and why it becomes most important religious book for Sunnis after Quran e Pak when Shiaah fraction didn’t widely accept it? Wasn’t it delicate move for further division of non-Shiaah believers? (Off topic)

Where question comes over its compilation then I have to say only one thing from Quran e Pak:
"We have, without doubt, sent down the Message; and We will assuredly Guard it (from corruption). (The Noble Quran, 15:9)"

Arabic is a beautiful language and Allah choose it to be Arabic, Language of heaven

Also, the spirituality is a sperate thing and Prayers are something else , prayers is you duty to Allah's vast fortunes that he has given Man kind , you are bound to perform prayers

If it was necessary the prophet would have instructed us , but think for a moment if your prophet speaks Arabic is it not a blessing if you made some effort to learn Arabic so you can better relate to your prophet this English which we are proud of is not really our Priority but we do it for business

Thank you ...

Yar, the beauty of a language lies in the ears of the listener. I like French, it sounds better than Arabic. At least those hard consonants don't twist your uvula into a spiral shape. Can we somehow persuade Allah Mian to declare French the official language of heaven? I know my gher-sharyee lifestyle can't guarantee me even a one bedroom appartment in heaven but who know, as Allah is the most merciful and benevolent.

VC I asked you to elaborate, that I wasn't able to get your point.

You are right there are many variations in namaz itself, but these variations are just limited to minor things like hands off, or tied on belly, raising hands every time you say 'allah u akbar' etc.

But the basic method of namaz is same. Like there are 2 rakats of fajr, and 17 in total..
5 times a day.
and sequence of steps is same, like niyat, qayam, ruku, sajda, tash'hud etc.
facing towards Kaaba.

So what exactly is your point?

My point is this:

Given the multiple variations that are built into the very process of prayer, and given the processes that led to finalization of the Quran into its present widely accepted form, it is not correct to insist on absolutism in the practices under discussion in this thread.

Thank you ...

AZADPAKISTAN

While reciting in Arabic is beautiful but what important to do is, people should understand meaning which is convey by Quran e Pak through Arabic language. So it is up to every Muslim how to manage it. While this is open invitation from god for ever person (note: i am not saying only Muslims but any body from any religion and faith) to read and think over it, definitely you will think over something when it will be in your language to understand meanings.

وَلَقَدْ يَسَّرْنَا ٱلْقُرْءَانَ لِلذِّكْرِ فَهَلْ مِن مُّدَّكِرٍۢ

And We have indeed made the Qur'an easy to understand and remember: then is there any that will receive admonition?} [Quran 54: 17]

Recitation of Quran e Pak is blessing but you will get more blessings when you will practice what is written there.

Yar, the beauty of a language lies in the ears of a listener. I like French, it sounds better than Arabic. At least those hard consonants don't twist your uvula into a spiral shape. Can we somehow persuade Allah Mian to declare French the official language of heaven. I know my gher-sharyee life style can't guarantee me even a one bedroom appartment in heaven but who know, as Allah is the most merciful and benevolent.

Well , the world was created for people of different tribes / groups to live by each other there is no discrimination on what language you can speak .

Also , from my understanding if you open Quarn , its states Allah is forgiving and their is no limit to his forgiveness

Even ppl who just happened to feed a thirsty cat , would find way to Allah , if they did that act with a pure heart I can't provide you with an exact quote but there was a quotation I heard it was about a women that had sinned greatly in society

Its never too late :P not that I judge you or anyone or myself to be above anyone but is how the cookie crumbles

I understand the media hype and assault on Muslim values is great

But its better to be born a Mulims and depart this World as Muslim

Well no one stops anyone from investigating its meaning even Arabs read / teach meaning in schools that is why Translated quran is there for but Arabic text is poetic and un humanly

---------- Post added at 04:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:27 PM ----------

wtf are those videos, sick.

These videos are case where people have picked up Pagen rituals such as bowing down to humans , a Muslim never bows to anyone but Allah - I call it lack of proper education

So you agree that the "corrective system", which included the factors I have previously described, evolved the presently accepted form of the Quran over a period of 70 years or so; thus I have no need to elaborate any further, or do I still?

Rhetorical reply..
I am asking you a simple question.. The current form of the Quran which starts with Surah Baqarah to Surah Nas..
Who decided that?

An interesting counter point, not saying that people should thinjk it is absolute truth, just that historical "facts" are sometimes victims of ideology

See at :The Compilation of The Quran

Yes off course..
Now I should be expected to get the "facts" from a site called Abrahamic faith .com where the "facts" have been compiled by a Mohammad Altaf now converted to Judaism. ..instead of people who spent their lives researching and practicing the Muslims faith writing and compiling history throughout the ages.
An interesting choice of source muse.

Like I said..
Too much Islam muse.. too Much Islam.. throw it out the window..

Rhetorical reply..
I am asking you a simple question.. The current form of the Quran which starts with Surah Baqarah to Surah Nas..
Who decided that?

Your question is related to dogmatic belief, so the correct answer is "whomever you believe decided it".

Your question is related to dogmatic belief, so the correct answer is "whomever you believe decided it".

Yes sir.. Ill stick to my dogmatic belief..
Better than having to be doubtful of my identity all the time.

Yes sir.. Ill stick to my dogmatic belief..
Better than having to be doubtful of my identity all the time.

I will respect your beliefs, of course, no matter what they are, and I hope they continue to help you with any potential self-identity issues that you may or may not have, now or in the future. :D

Back
Top Bottom