What's new

Why pray in Arabic and not in a language we understand?

VC

Did you notice:

Yes I did.

The use of the Quresh version of the Quran was part of the expansionist philosophy under religious garb, which of course and tried-and-true tactic throughout history.

Do the chirstians ever complain when they pray in Latin??, nope, I dont see any. So , why us muslims. It has been going on 1400 years, nobody has given rise to it. But why now we are suddenly facing this??

Yes they did and many now no longer do. Latin was used as a tool by the church to maintain control of the masses, prayers and services in latin maintained the power of th church because the priest was the only one who generally could understand.
Once people could read the bible in their own language and pray in their own language people realised they didnt need priests to be close to God they could do it them selves.

Preventing people praying in what ever language they are comfortable in just sets you up for the situation that any .........who speaks a bit of arabic sets himself up as a mulah

some more info, lets not be incomplete, muse dear.

An interesting counter point, not saying that people should thinjk it is absolute truth, just that historical "facts" are sometimes victims of ideology

See at :The Compilation of The Quran

We are Hassidic, Sephardic and middle-eastern Yahudim, ex-Muslims which believe in the Torah of Moses as the de-facto eternal LAW of our Creator which is subsequently illuminated through the prophets (Tanach) and fully revealed in the Messiah Yahushua (NT) who was also similar to the Hassidic the adopted son of Yosef but born of the righteous virgin Miriam the daughter of Eli.

An interesting counter point, not saying that people should thinjk it is absolute truth, just that historical "facts" are sometimes victims of ideology

See at :The Compilation of The Quran

Are we twisting something over here first you call upon people to read and may not take it as absolute truth then further down the line you tag it "fact" that mind games doesn't work over here or any where and where is it coming from a site that wants to refute any Book may it be Quran or Jewish Old Testament there fore these are "not facts".

"We have, without doubt, sent down the Message; and We will assuredly Guard it (from corruption). (The Noble Quran, 15:9)"

I can post you the link but it will become another religious topic and another religious blame game.

Yet another failed attempt and totally unrelated to this thread.

WA.

That is patently WRONG. The order in which the Quran was revealed is NOT the order in which it was later compiled.

---------- Post added at 04:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:18 PM ----------

The present form of the Quran is widely accepted, so your point is a great one!

You are still not clear, what you are trying to say, The Order in which Quran was revelaed was then arranged during Prohet instructions. Prophet Mohammed instructed the Katib-ul-Quran, to divide Quran in how many chapters, which Surah will come first or last. Whole Quran was COMPILED during Prophet Life. What Usman RA did was when Quran without Di critical reaches other area and people start to read quran with their own dialect as Arabic was not their language, so variations occurred, and local developed Copies of Quran which suited their own Dialects. This prompted The Usman RA to destroy other Copies of Quran and To Publish that Accurate Copy Which was written During Prophet ERA.

Only Addition done later was. Adding diacritics. Now tell Me what are you trying to convey through your confusing statements since Quran compiled and arranged according to Prophet instructions.No other person Compiled Quran according to his own will. Only Prophet did. So Two major changes occurred afterwards, destroying the copies of quran and adding diacritics.

Why pray or read Quran. Why not read Maha Bharat and Bhagvat Geeta. Don't know about the God but at least ET might be satisfied. Marvi Sarmad and SAFMA would be happy too. Every one would live happily ever after.

:rolleyes:

If translated well,it wont.I can understand normal words or poems getting lost,not a religious text.Some words may mean different things according to culture but it is all about articulation.
It cannot be translated exactly never

---------- Post added at 11:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 AM ----------

The present form of the Quran was completed around 705 AD, which is approximately 70 years after Prophet Muhammad PBUH died.
No Sir the presesnt form was compiled withing 2 years after the death of HOLY PROPHET SAW

---------- Post added at 11:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:30 AM ----------

I respect your belief that the present form is the original form.

All I have presented is the historical fact that the present form was finalized by humans about 70 years later.
No sir you are telling a complete wrong fact Quran was compiled within in 2 years after the death of HAZRAT MUHAMMAD SAW

---------- Post added at 11:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:31 AM ----------

WA.

That is patently WRONG. The order in which the Quran was revealed is NOT the order in which it was later compiled.

---------- Post added at 04:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:18 PM ----------

The present form of the Quran is widely accepted, so your point is a great one!
Mr because when Quran was revealed it was revealed for different situations which took place and with orders according to the situation but when whole Quran was revealed HAZRAT MUHAMMAD SAW told the exact placement of all the chapters of Quran to all of his companions

You are still not clear, what you are trying to say, The Order in which Quran was revelaed was then arranged during Prohet instructions. Prophet Mohammed instructed the Katib-ul-Quran, to divide Quran in how many chapters, which Surah will come first or last. Whole Quran was COMPILED during Prophet Life. What Usman RA did was when Quran without Di critical reaches other area and people start to read quran with their own dialect as Arabic was not their language, so variations occurred, and local developed Copies of Quran which suited their own Dialects. This prompted The Usman RA to destroy other Copies of Quran and To Publish that Accurate Copy Which was written During Prophet ERA.

Only Addition done later was. Adding diacritics. Now tell Me what are you trying to convey through your confusing statements since Quran compiled and arranged according to Prophet instructions.No other person Compiled Quran according to his own will. Only Prophet did. So Two major changes occurred afterwards, destroying the copies of quran and adding diacritics.

I am very clear in what I am saying:

The presently accepted form of the Quran was completed over 70 years after the Prophet's death.

Its compilation was done in the first two years, then other forms of the Quran were actively sought out and destroyed, and finally the diacritics were completed to prevent variations in recitation.

All this occurred over 70 years or so.

Clear enough now I hope?

I am very clear in what I am saying:

The presently accepted form of the Quran was completed over 70 years after the Prophet's death.

Its compilation was done in the first two years, then other forms of the Quran were actively sought out and destroyed, and finally the diacritics were completed to prevent variations in recitation.

All this occurred over 70 years or so.

Clear enough now I hope?

You wouldn't mind letting us know where you came to this conclusion..
about the Quran's current order being set up the way it is today.
I agree with the diacritics issue.. however there was a corrective system set up in the early years where the original recitation was repeated for those newly converted so that they not make excessive changes in pronunciation.

You wouldn't mind letting us know where you came to this conclusion..
about the Quran's current order being set up the way it is today.
I agree with the diacritics issue.. however there was a corrective system set up in the early years where the original recitation was repeated for those newly converted so that they not make excessive changes in pronunciation.

So you agree that the "corrective system", which included the factors I have previously described, evolved the presently accepted form of the Quran over a period of 70 years or so; thus I have no need to elaborate any further, or do I still?

Back
Top Bottom