What's new

Why Pakistan is still undecided about sending troops to fight in Yemen

Pakistan doesn't have to side with anyone. What it has to do is stay neutral. The war won't enter Saudi borders and the Houties don't want this either.
We can't stay neutral even staying neutral will destroy us

Really? If the House of Saud could have handled the situation they would have deployed their ground troops into Yemen already. This isn't a Shock and Awe by the airstrikes. The Houthis knew the Saudis were going to come after them, because they want a different Shia as the leader of Yemen.

The Houthis are a faction of Shia who are 1/3 of Yemen's population. They were in continuous rebellion against the government since 64. The rebel leader was killed in 2004. And a truce was agreed to in 2011 with Yemeni President for 32 years Ali Abdullah Saleh.

The Arab Spring came around and the Houthis allied with the entire population of Yemen for a new regime. One that would protect minority rights, provided economic growth, and government with elected officials. Ali Abdullah Saleh's appointed successor, General Abd Rabbuh Mansur Hadi, wanted a federation of 6 states. Which would have divided the political groups against each other and only have helped the General.

The Houthis rebelled and gained support from units in the Yemeni Military. Confirmed reports are that units that were loyal to Ali Abdullah Saleh are fighting with the Houthis, and uncornfirmed report that US trained Yemeni Special Forces sided with the Houthis also. As do the majority of Yemeni citizens, who are sick of Gen. Hadi.

In January Gen. Abd Rabbuh Mansur Hadi resigned as President of Yemen, the Houthis then captured him in Sanaa and named a new transitional 5 member presidential council. Gen. Hadi was able to escape to Aden and to give the middle finger to the Houthis spread wide claims and reinstated himself as the President of Yemen. Now he's in Saudi Arabia.

There is no confirmed reports that Iran is supporting the Houthis, other than Gen. Hadi saying that Iran is supporting the Houthi once he landed in Saudi Arabia.

You Mr. @Zarvan are not informed of the Yemeni Crisis. :enjoy:
Iran is supporting Houthis

How about just supplying both with nukes and telling them to wipe each other from the map? Imagine that.

Our decision to enter to war (or not) will ultimate depend on the pros and cons. If we do support the Saudis, it is most definitely because we're getting something out of it.
Pakistan army purchased a deal of $952 million form USA. Seems like Pak my join KSA to refuel account.

For the hundredth time on this forum, I ask you to show me Iranian weapons in Houthi hands.

So many people have been fooled by this hoax.
And I told u that We r Pakistanies we know what is proxy war.Ur Foreign minister did not deny that they r supporting huthies in yaman.Watch the press conference of ur foreign minister and Sartaj Aziz..

10 Arab countries are already engaged in bombing Ansarallah for their revolution , adding Pakistan to it doesn't actually change anything .....

This decisive storm was not even a DECISIVE BREEZE till now . so spare us your fantacy .

Its cause Pakistan is our neighbor and what affects pakistan DIRECTLY - and not even indirectly - affects Iran .

Even the US isn't involved in this Military Operation, well, other than resupplying the Operation.

The US just wants to regain cooperation with a native force to wipe out AQAP and any growth of ISIS.

And I told u that We r Pakistanies we know what is proxy war.Ur Foreign minister did not deny that they r supporting huthies in yaman.Watch the press conference of ur foreign minister and Sartaj Aziz..

Yes we support them, politically, also we sent tons of food and medicine, that's how we support them.

Let's just leave it, you have already decided what you want to believe.

a native force to wipe out AQAP and any growth of ISIS.
Considering the Facts that :

1- Ansarallah are already fighting AQ and bombing them does not make any sense at all

2- There was no single bombing mission on AQ posts

I say , you're wrong .

US doesn't care about AQ .

Yes we support them, politically, also we sent tons of food and medicine, that's how we support them.

You were sending weapons before blockade

I am just saying that irani and saudi members in PDF r pretending to be an Angel but U both r taking part in killing Muslims in Yaman and Syria.

Iran is supporting Houthis

:hitwall:

Considering the Facts that :
1- Ansarallah are already fighting AQ and bombing them does not make any sense at all
2- There was no single bombing mission on AQ posts
I say , you're wrong .
US doesn't care about AQ .

US doesn't like the way Houthis took over.

1. No doubt.
2. Not by the Saudis but there are drone strikes.

US wants the intelligence from any raid the Houthis aren't guaranteeing this. Along with free rein on Spec Ops in Yemen without interference from anyone.

US wants the intelligence from any raid the Houthis aren't guaranteeing this. Along with free rein on Spec Ops in Yemen without interference from anyone.
Exactly . US does not want another independent country in the region .

I am just saying that irani and saudi members in PDF r pretending to be an Angel but U both r taking part in killing Muslims in Yaman and Syria.
I never said we are angels, we have our own share of mistakes, but Yemen is never one of them.
You were sending weapons before blockade
This accusation has been repeated numerous times without one single proof.

But now that you like to bring up this argument, here's the thing:

When Saudis were busy funding and arming backward Taliban terrorists in our neighborhood in Afghanistan, would you support Iranian direct intervention and bombing of Afghanistan? Of course you'll most likely say no, which will show nothing but your hypocrisy.

It has already been decided.
No troops will be sent to fight in Yemen.

Obviously this wasn't decided by the PM....
I disagree, I think its been decided that troops WILL be sent to ksa, the only issue remains, what will be their mandate, and how many will go.

It's apparent that the military is leaving the final say to politicians, and Nawaz doesn't just want to be seen as a Saudi puppet.

I never said we are angels, we have our own share of mistakes, but Yemen is never one of them.

This accusation has been repeated numerous times without one single proof.

But now that you like to bring up this argument, here's the thing:

When Saudis were busy funding and arming backward Taliban terrorists in our neighborhood in Afghanistan, would you support Iranian direct intervention and bombing of Afghanistan? Of course you'll most likely say no, which will show nothing but your hypocrisy.
You want us to support an armed group which by force capturing cities and gov.Is that what u r saying??R u mad?? how u can support any Armed group politically or moraly according to u, who is capturing cities with guns...Tomorrow if armed group in iran do the same thing even then u will preach us that we must support that armed group and not the irani gov??

Back
Top Bottom