What's new

Why Pakistan Army is Quiet on Drone Attack

This is what you get when the situation is all messed up and there is an internal power struggle. All army have to do/say in response CAN be that they are merely an institute of the government and can only do what they are asked too. In this case the gov of mute and so are they, there hands are tied. Now how RIGHT or WRONG this actually is a separate debate but one cannot deny that on paper this is a valid reason.

Back to what ACTUALLY might be the case is that, as i have always been of the view, the government is IN on all this. These attacks are with consent of Pakistan government and thus the Pakistan Army leadership. What is wrong is that these are not as CONTROLLED by Pak Military as they should/could have been. That would have been to our great advantage, specially related to Pakistan international image. Where and when they got out of our hand is anybody's guess. The fact is ONCE out of control, it was always going to regain that lost turf against US. To be honest, we really don't have any active/aggressive solution to this problem

HOWEVER, there is a second relevant problem here as well and there is an excellent solution to that as well, acceptable to all parties and beneficial for everyone involved.

That second problem is lack of transparency and will to come forth with truth. Pakistan government MUST announce there involvement in these attacks, in fact, must actually market them to let the world know what we are contributing to this war and what we are sacrificing here. It is all about diplomacy. You need to show your positive side as everyone else is busy looking at your flaws (and there sure are quite a lot of them there). We, the world is in a war against terrorism, our religion do not tolerates this so what shame is there in admitting that we are fighting the terrorists along side America. At least that will help us get rid of numerous acquisitions we face currently. Make it public knowledge that we are working with US to eliminate terrorists from the region together.

This approach, while good on paper will actually involve some sacrifices from both sides. We will need to be honest in our dealings with the Taliban and deal with all groups on equal basis, consider them all as evil as the other. US will need to do the same and in the process, both will be giving up on some assets. US will need to be equally proactive against TTP as they are against Taliban right now. If there have to be no good taliban bad taliban from our side there cant be any from there as well. The US will have to keep in check the growing anti-Pakistan elements in Afghanistan under foreign backing. We can then take out the terrorists on both side of border, working together. The question here is, WHY would THEY do all this when they can just carry one with there strikes as they want too. The answer to this is because we will convince them that this is in best interest of us all in the long term (which is true actually), let them know and make them believe by honest efforts and excellent diplomacy. Its not easy but it not impossible either. US are not having fun time in Afghan either and they know as well as anyone what they can achieve working together with Pakistan AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, AFGHANISTAN!!!! Dont forget those who are actually at the center of the all this mess.

We both know that GOP do, as commanded by PA..There is no IF in this.
Second Problem lack of transparency too is from the Army side, not from Gov. NS may not even know 10% of the info on War on terror.
Third about showing our +ve image to world, Our ISPR simple is not capable of this. They are good in showing their positive side in Pakistan, but after years they still are not capable enough to do this on World level.

If you can't do anything about something, stay quiet.
If it is true then can we retire our 5 lac Army? Because They are useless.
I still believe there are many options to stop these strikes, but Generals simply don't have balls to do this including ONCE famous Raheel Sharif.

USA is not god
Npbody said they are. They are simply stronger. I ask you one thing. If US was us. Do you think Kashmir would still be occupy Kashmir? I don't think so. By now US would have ripped Kashmir out of Indian hands and you would have the Star Spangled banner flying in the Valley. We have not after 60 years and you expect we can tackle USA when we can't bend India?

they simple love US
Pak army senior command historically has proved to have third class strategists. Planning has been poor. They have gone on to make monumental errors in judgement. However your suggestion the army is in "love" is preposterous. They havbe (thanks god) been realists of what they are capable of with regards to USA

There are many instances
Iraq, Afghanistan, Vietnam being some examples. Have a look at them what they went through. So you want Pakistan to become one to defend your shame? Instead of some odd drone attacks you would prefer a total devasting war that would kill 100,000s of our children. You want that do you?

Choices are always there. It is the consequences you have to look at. You want Pakistan to face the consequences?

This is what you get when the situation is all messed up and there is an internal power struggle. All army have to do/say in response CAN be that they are merely an institute of the government and can only do what they are asked too. In this case the gov of mute and so are they, there hands are tied. Now how RIGHT or WRONG this actually is a separate debate but one cannot deny that on paper this is a valid reason.

Back to what ACTUALLY might be the case is that, as i have always been of the view, the government is IN on all this. These attacks are with consent of Pakistan government and thus the Pakistan Army leadership. What is wrong is that these are not as CONTROLLED by Pak Military as they should/could have been. That would have been to our great advantage, specially related to Pakistan international image. Where and when they got out of our hand is anybody's guess. The fact is ONCE out of control, it was always going to regain that lost turf against US. To be honest, we really don't have any active/aggressive solution to this problem

HOWEVER, there is a second relevant problem here as well and there is an excellent solution to that as well, acceptable to all parties and beneficial for everyone involved.

That second problem is lack of transparency and will to come forth with truth. Pakistan government MUST announce there involvement in these attacks, in fact, must actually market them to let the world know what we are contributing to this war and what we are sacrificing here. It is all about diplomacy. You need to show your positive side as everyone else is busy looking at your flaws (and there sure are quite a lot of them there). We, the world is in a war against terrorism, our religion do not tolerates this so what shame is there in admitting that we are fighting the terrorists along side America. At least that will help us get rid of numerous acquisitions we face currently. Make it public knowledge that we are working with US to eliminate terrorists from the region together.

This approach, while good on paper will actually involve some sacrifices from both sides. We will need to be honest in our dealings with the Taliban and deal with all groups on equal basis, consider them all as evil as the other. US will need to do the same and in the process, both will be giving up on some assets. US will need to be equally proactive against TTP as they are against Taliban right now. If there have to be no good taliban bad taliban from our side there cant be any from there as well. The US will have to keep in check the growing anti-Pakistan elements in Afghanistan under foreign backing. We can then take out the terrorists on both side of border, working together. The question here is, WHY would THEY do all this when they can just carry one with there strikes as they want too. The answer to this is because we will convince them that this is in best interest of us all in the long term (which is true actually), let them know and make them believe by honest efforts and excellent diplomacy. Its not easy but it not impossible either. US are not having fun time in Afghan either and they know as well as anyone what they can achieve working together with Pakistan AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, AFGHANISTAN!!!! Dont forget those who are actually at the center of the all this mess.

Our foreign policy is lead by the Army.
547bd246adfbe.jpg

Do you guys know your history? Cuba was backed by USSR. They almost had a nuclear war over Cuba.

Link > https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cuban_Missile_Crisis

Since demise of USSR in 1991 Cuba has kept very low key profile and has not done anything to antagonize USA. I would have loved to see how much "challange" Cuba would have offered if OBL had been found in Havana smoking a cigar. Cuba would have been plastered with 24 hours minus Russians.

But the Cubans are smart. Since 1991 they have tiptoed ever so carefully.

The bold part I agree but the rest I respectfully disagree.
USA is not god of this world, there is always an option in any conflict. The thing is Army does not want to come out of US influence, they simple love US. There are many instances where even more smaller countries with small economy take a stand against USA. USA can only do two things:
1) War with PAKISTAN-- After so many wars, USA is not in position of another war.
2) Sanctions-- That can be dealt with.

Agreed with every bit of your post.
in short : Pak fauj/beurocracy, political , industrial feudal /ruling elite cannot say no to USA why ...

1. all there families& assets are in USA & West

2.instead of using USA influence to develop socio-economic infra they wanted help in militarry matters

point is USA dosnet needs to go to war with pakistan threat of sanctions and stopping of CSF/WR & AID is enof as almost all major backbone of Pakistani armed forces equipment is American and forces are very happy with it + top three trading partners of pakistan are USA and its allies need i say more as to why PA is silent on drones PS... nothing can work and get success in pakistan without PA nod am i wrong :azn:

And why not take some lessons from Chinese. They are 100 times stronger than us. Yet they take very defensive, calm and restrained policy toward Americans. They are smart because they know the time is not right. They are busy building their economy. Something Pak needs to focus on instead of getting tangled with a superpower. Many times US has provoked Chinese. For example the https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hainan_Island_incident when the Chinese lost a fighter and a pilot. Despite this the Chinese returned the crew and plane. Since than we get regular US flights and contest over South China Sea yet China shows restraint.

It does that because they know right now a tangle with US would have very damaging effect on their economy. End of this year their goal is 10,000 more miles of motorway, 1,000,000 more miles of roads, 10,000,000 more new houses. Not bloody tangle with US.

300px-EP-3_Hainan_Island_2001.jpg

many options to stop these strikes
What?

Do you guys know your history? Cuba was backed by USSR. They almost had a nuclear war over Cuba.

Link > https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cuban_Missile_Crisis

Since demise of USSR in 1991 Cuba has kept very low key profile and has not done anything to antagonize USA. I would have loved to see how much "challange" Cuba would have offered if OBL had been found in Havana smoking a cigar. Cuba would have been plastered with 24 hours minus Russians.

But the Cubans are smart. Since 1991 they have tiptoed ever so carefully.
What is the difference between Pakistan and Vietnam? What is the difference between Pakistan and Cuba?
Cuba and Vietnam got to keep their dignity(with a cost). But most Pakistanis don't have this word in their dictionary so there is no point in me trying to explain it.

Our foreign policy is lead by the Army.
547bd246adfbe.jpg
That is why i said "this is what happens when you make a mess of things"
While there are calls of ending army's involvement in local affairs and also things like foreign policy, what is stopping them for claiming this event to be exactly that?

Anyway, i did wrote the DETAILS after this first para and started it with "Back to what ACTUALLY might ....... " Though this would give a good idea.

I think the person killed was member of dangerous organization one less problem to worry about

The big picture , a dangerous element was eliminated , the little picture some rules were bent in a area no one ever goes, I could give a rat's a*** some lunatic was taken out in middle of desert on his big pick up vehicle

If anything thank you to US for helping remove a dangerous person

Last edited:
Where is our Great and legendary General Raheel. I guess sleeping. Someone should wake him up so that he can go and say do it again we are ready for you next time.

At the point when they took on US they had USSR backing them. Get China to back you and then tango time. But you will find they will say "No".

Vietnam got to keep their dignity
Over 2 million Vietnamese mostly civilian dead. Ten of thousands of rapes. Saigon and other citiers turned into huge brothels. No thanks. I have family in Pakistan. I don't want them to go go through half of that. Dignity or no dignity. Maybe you will be fine in Switzerland. Not so the 195 million who already suffer from electricity outages and poverty. Stupidity and bravery are not the same thing.

This is somebodies daughter. Dignity?

dcb8209ca88694d8bcf4459074493b89

Link > https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vietnam_War

I can't understand how sometimes something as obvious. As clear. As visible cannot be seen? Are people blind?

US military and US economy is far, far, far stronger than Pakistan. Pak does not have the option to say "No" to US. Pakistan is a poor Third World country that is in no position to collide with USA. It is relationship of unequals and this is what happens. Don't blame the army. Go build a world class economy. Go build a army over million strong. Go get navy with 500 warships. Go get 2,000 fourth generation fighters. Then talk.

But don't expect a Third World Army with puny budget to face off America. That is crazy. The only thing I can criticize the military is they should tell the truth to the public that we simply are not able to do this but I think Pakistani culture does not allow for humility.

Thus the only option left is when the armies weakness is exposed they pretend denial. That is why suddenly ISPR has gone to sleep.
please read history of ghawa e badr. ghazwa e ahzab and the ghazwa e hunain. muslims won the first two despite of their poorly equipped army and were about to lose the third one despite of their superior army against the enemies.
Allah says in Quran that he will test the faithful through fear of hunger and enemy. so far we are failing that test badly.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom