What's new

Why Pakistan Army is Quiet on Drone Attack

Spy Master

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
I am as much patriot person as any other Pakistani and you can see my love for Army in previous posts. But latest Drone strike by America and PA response is plain BS. This Policy of "Staying Quiet" when Pakistan Army's Arse* is on the line is getting ridiculous. America Killed a Terrorist on our soil. Why PAKISTAN ARMY Can't/didn't do it? Why every time Army seals its lips acting like nothing is in Army's Control and the institution is waiting like a good child for GOP Decision and FO statement while we all know that Foreign Policy of Pakistan is under Army's Control.

Point 1:Some people say that we got rid of a terrorist, let's celebrate it..Man why can't we do it? If we need America then why we even have a Army then? Is our Army is so incapable or coward? .

Point 2: There are some news circulating that the man who was killed wasn't really Mansoor. Now if Tomorrow America somehow thinks that "I am" a terrorist"(which obviously I am not) and kills me in a drone strike, whose duty then is to protect me? Why I am giving Tax? For Whom is Pakistan Army working for? Pakistan or America?

Point 3: There could be a possibility that informing PAKISTAN before strike was just a Political Statement from America. In this case, do Pakistan Army have balls to defend country against America?

This is just getting complex day by day. Why Army is keeping everyone in dark and behaving like she OWNS Pakistan. Just a few days ago Army gives a post to Afghanistan , Why? By Whose Permission?
I don't know what are the Generals smoking in GHQ. Army should be Accountable as much as people wants NS, IK, ZARDARI to be accountable.

@Horus @Windjammer @Arsalan @Rashid Mahmood @Oscar @HRK @Kaptaan

I was thinking the same, thinking and thinking
One point comes in mind
Is Pak Army also behind it. May be Pak Army also wants Mullah Mansoor to leave leadership and make Haqqani the leader. Haqqani is much closer to Pak.

...??

I was thinking the same, thinking and thinking
One point comes in mind
Is Pak Army also behind it. May be Pak Army also wants Mullah Mansoor to leave leadership and make Haqqani the leader. Haqqani is much closer to Pak.

...??
IF...Then in process they lost respect and killed an innocent trader instead.

Army is not allowed by law / Govt to issue statements on foreign relations but ISPR can show concern not to US but to Govt of Pakistan.
DG ISPR is allowed to TWEET On every single matter of Pakistan including Political Matters but they cannot do this WHILE our sovereignty is Breached? What type of logic is this by this Country's stupid Army?

There are doubts about the killing, it was really mullah mansoor or not, they said they fired three missile, three helfire missile would be turned the car and road along it and more importantly the passport and the id card into bits and pieces. but the car was in crash condition, not in destroyed by hellfire missile condition and id card and passport had not a single scratch on it. wow.

Why is Pak army quite..............????

I am as much patriot person as any other Pakistani and you can see my love for Army in previous posts. But latest Drone strike by America and PA response is plain BS. This Policy of "Staying Quiet" when Pakistan Army's Arse* is on the line is getting ridiculous. America Killed a Terrorist on our soil. Why PAKISTAN ARMY Can't/didn't do it? Why every time Army seals its lips acting like nothing is in Army's Control and the institution is waiting like a good child for GOP Decision and FO statement while we all know that Foreign Policy of Pakistan is under Army's Control.

Point 1:Some people say that we got rid of a terrorist, let's celebrate it..Man why can't we do it? If we need America then why we even have a Army then? Is our Army is so incapable or coward? .

Point 2: There are some news circulating that the man who was killed wasn't really Mansoor. Now if Tomorrow America somehow thinks that "I am" a terrorist"(which obviously I am not) and kills me in a drone strike, whose duty then is to protect me? Why I am giving Tax? For Whom is Pakistan Army working for? Pakistan or America?

Point 3: There could be a possibility that informing PAKISTAN before strike was just a Political Statement from America. In this case, do Pakistan Army have balls to defend country against America?

This is just getting complex day by day. Why Army is keeping everyone in dark and behaving like she OWNS Pakistan. Just a few days ago Army gives a post to Afghanistan , Why? By Whose Permission?
I don't know what are the Generals smoking in GHQ. Army should be Accountable as much as people wants NS, IK, ZARDARI to be accountable.

You have raised valid points and it something that Pakistanis need to have a public discourse about.
Keeping quite about it won't solve anything and worse it will raise many questions.

I for one hope that Afghanistan and Pakistan use this episode to have a genuine conversation with each other and realize that we are neighbours the US is an outsider it can leave any moment but we can't run away from each other and thus we need to be frank with each other and solve the fundamental issues between us. It stupid to be in in eternal conflict with each other.

/Peace

Why PAKISTAN ARMY Can't/didn't do it
I can't understand how sometimes something as obvious. As clear. As visible cannot be seen? Are people blind?

US military and US economy is far, far, far stronger than Pakistan. Pak does not have the option to say "No" to US. Pakistan is a poor Third World country that is in no position to collide with USA. It is relationship of unequals and this is what happens. Don't blame the army. Go build a world class economy. Go build a army over million strong. Go get navy with 500 warships. Go get 2,000 fourth generation fighters. Then talk.

But don't expect a Third World Army with puny budget to face off America. That is crazy. The only thing I can criticize the military is they should tell the truth to the public that we simply are not able to do this but I think Pakistani culture does not allow for humility.

Thus the only option left is when the armies weakness is exposed they pretend denial. That is why suddenly ISPR has gone to sleep.

@A-Team Your invaluable member here at PDF. Pak policy toward Afghanistan should be pragmatic, based on self interest and visionary. If the folllowing can be confirmed-

(i) That the present Afghan set up is here to stay.
(ii) That it enjoys reasonable support within the country including the Pashtuns
(iii) It has leadership with guts to think out of it's comfort zone

If all the above can be ticked than I would preferr Pak to give 100% support to Afghanistan. Build Af-Pak alliance something like Franco-German alliance after bittterly fought WW2. In fact the large Afghan population inside Pakistan could be turned into a asset by acting as the bridge between both countries. I would give them Pakistan citizenship. Pakistani Muslim migrants go to Christian white America and most get US citizenship within 5 years. These Afghan's have been in Pakistan now for over 30 years with many born inside Pakistan but they still are "refugees". It makes mockery of this joke called "Islamic state" for "Muslims".

The fact is we (both Pak and Afghan) need forward looking, visonary, pragmatic leadership to take us forward because what we have right now is not helping both. Maybe that is why we are in the mess we are and Europe is where it is.

Last edited:
I can't understand how sometimes something as obvious. As clear. As visible cannot be seen? Are people blind?

US military and US economy is far, far, far stronger than Pakistan. Pak does not have the option to say "No" to US. Pakistan is a poor Third World country that is in no position to collide with USA. It is relationship of unequals and this is what happens. Don't blame the army. Go build a world class economy. Go build a army over million strong. Go get navy with 500 warships.

But don't expect a Third World Army with puny budget to face off America. That is crazy. The only thing I can criticize the military is they should tell the truth to the public that we simply are not able to do this but I think Pakistani culture does not allow for humility.

Thus the only option left is when the armies weakness is exposed they pretend denial. That is why suddenly ISPR has gone to sleep.
If cuba could challenge a superpower and survive why can't we?(NOTE: After the fall of the USSR Cuba was on its own.)

Pak army can't play war game on the soil of USA, then why Pak army fight against the single super power of the world on the soil of Pakistan? Pak govt can protest but not Pak army.

US military and US economy is far, far, far stronger than Pakistan. Pak does not have the option to say "No" to US. Pakistan is a poor Third World country that is in no position to collide with USA. It is relationship of unequals and this is what happens. Don't blame the army. Go build a world class economy. Go build a army over million strong. Go get navy with 500 warships.

The bold part I agree but the rest I respectfully disagree.
USA is not god of this world, there is always an option in any conflict. The thing is Army does not want to come out of US influence, they simple love US. There are many instances where even more smaller countries with small economy take a stand against USA. USA can only do two things:
1) War with PAKISTAN-- After so many wars, USA is not in position of another war.
2) Sanctions-- That can be dealt with.

You have raised valid points and it something that Pakistanis need to have a public discourse about.
Keeping quite about it won't solve anything and worse it will raise many questions.

I for one hope that Afghanistan and Pakistan use this episode to have a genuine conversation with each other and realize that we are neighbours the US is an outsider it can leave any moment but we can't run away from each other and thus we need to be frank with each other and solve the fundamental issues between us. It stupid to be in in eternal conflict with each other.

/Peace
Agreed with every bit of your post.

This is what you get when the situation is all messed up and there is an internal power struggle. All army have to do/say in response CAN be that they are merely an institute of the government and can only do what they are asked too. In this case the gov of mute and so are they, there hands are tied. Now how RIGHT or WRONG this actually is a separate debate but one cannot deny that on paper this is a valid reason.

Back to what ACTUALLY might be the case is that, as i have always been of the view, the government is IN on all this. These attacks are with consent of Pakistan government and thus the Pakistan Army leadership. What is wrong is that these are not as CONTROLLED by Pak Military as they should/could have been. That would have been to our great advantage, specially related to Pakistan international image. Where and when they got out of our hand is anybody's guess. The fact is ONCE out of control, it was always going to regain that lost turf against US. To be honest, we really don't have any active/aggressive solution to this problem

HOWEVER, there is a second relevant problem here as well and there is an excellent solution to that as well, acceptable to all parties and beneficial for everyone involved.

That second problem is lack of transparency and will to come forth with truth. Pakistan government MUST announce there involvement in these attacks, in fact, must actually market them to let the world know what we are contributing to this war and what we are sacrificing here. It is all about diplomacy. You need to show your positive side as everyone else is busy looking at your flaws (and there sure are quite a lot of them there). We, the world is in a war against terrorism, our religion do not tolerates this so what shame is there in admitting that we are fighting the terrorists along side America. At least that will help us get rid of numerous acquisitions we face currently. Make it public knowledge that we are working with US to eliminate terrorists from the region together.

This approach, while good on paper will actually involve some sacrifices from both sides. We will need to be honest in our dealings with the Taliban and deal with all groups on equal basis, consider them all as evil as the other. US will need to do the same and in the process, both will be giving up on some assets. US will need to be equally proactive against TTP as they are against Taliban right now. If there have to be no good taliban bad taliban from our side there cant be any from there as well. The US will have to keep in check the growing anti-Pakistan elements in Afghanistan under foreign backing. We can then take out the terrorists on both side of border, working together. The question here is, WHY would THEY do all this when they can just carry one with there strikes as they want too. The answer to this is because we will convince them that this is in best interest of us all in the long term (which is true actually), let them know and make them believe by honest efforts and excellent diplomacy. Its not easy but it not impossible either. US are not having fun time in Afghan either and they know as well as anyone what they can achieve working together with Pakistan AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, AFGHANISTAN!!!! Dont forget those who are actually at the center of the all this mess.

Did pak govt even issue a routine protest this time? BTW I dont buy the 'we are third world country' argument, there are tonnes of third world countries which are politically opposed to US, they dont get bombed or invaded willy nilly.
By the same argument, how far will you allow them, what if they bomb punjab next time? Where will you draw the line and say thus far and no more?

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom