What's new

Why not the Pakistan Sea?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I not sure "Indus" (an "English" word) is your heritage

You mean't to officially give it Urdu name, Sindh!!
I thought in a sense of completely giving it a new name.

Did I frown..I guess I din't ..atleast i am not bothered ..it takes year after a proposal is presented to IMO to get approved and then implemented..hence it will remain Arabian sea and ..for long time to come.

ok done for that, what I want to say is Are we going for the change in name!!!!!, we guys sitting here are not the government of Pakistan then why create such a big mess for issues which Pakistanis are simply discussing on a Pakistani defense forum!!!!

ok done for that, what I want to say is Are we going for the change in name!!!!!, we guys sitting here are not the government of Pakistan then why create such a big mess for issues which Pakistanis are simply discussing on a Pakistani defense forum!!!!

Pls do not blame me for what others are doing ...I am neither against the idea nor in favour of it ..I am just conveying necessary information regarding the topic at hand.

such an unrealistic point of view...
discussion in this thread is a waste of time..

Instead of trying to rename the Arabian sea, why not rename the peak K2. what sort of name is K2?

You mean't to officially give it Urdu name, Sindh!!
I thought in a sense of completely giving it a new name

Well, as you know, it doesn't start out in Sindh, it just ends up there - and it flows through the length of Pakistan -- and would a new name that also honor this fact be so bad, I don't think so. And somebody mentioned K2, I realize it's a convention for ease but a name, not a number might be helpful.

Did it not come from the ancient word Sindhu?

The word Hindu comes from the word Hind...
The word hind is used in Islamic Ahadeeths, by Islamic scholars, Alexander, Persians then Britishers...
Hindu is not a religion,,,it is a geographical name used by British after the Persians, Muslims and Greeks...
There a religion that we may called vedantist in India due to the fact that the book called Vedas...
I don't know why Indians uses the word Hindu for their religion..
they really need to understand their religion,,,,most of them don't know about their religion, and they never used to read vedas..

Actually they did not use this word originally, they were just identified by their caste - it was the English, who not only gave their country a name but also organized these castes as a single group to offer resistance to you know who

The word Hindu comes from the word Hind...
The word hind is used in Islamic Ahadeeths, by Islamic scholars, Alexander, Persians then Britishers...
Hindu is not a religion,,,it is a geographical name used by British after the Persians, Muslims and Greeks...
There a religion that we may called vedantist in India due to the fact that the book called Vedas...
they really need to understand their religion,,,,most of them don't know about their religion, and they never used to read vedas..

The word hindu comes the word Hindu Kush mountains..it was used for the ppl who lived on the east of Hindu Kush..so historically all ppl living on this side Hindu Kush mountains were hindus(that includes present day Pakistanis too .)

Yes you are right most of the Hindu these day are more on liberal fringe and do not care for Vedas or learning Sanskrit (Vedas are in Sanskrit)....just like most Christans don't learn Latin.

Last edited:
Gotta love these injians -- Hindu Kush mountains -- meaning Hindu Killer mountains.

The word hindu comes the word Hindu Kush mountains..it was used for the ppl who lived on the west of Hindu Kush..so historically all ppl living on this side Hindu Kush mountains were hindus(that includes present day Pakistanis too .)

Yes you are right most of the Hindu these day are more on liberal fringe and do not care for Vedas or learning Sanskrit (Vedas are in Sanskrit)....just like most Christans don't learn Latin.

I don't understand why liberals does means that he/she should not care for their holy books..If this the case then there should be an another word for the person who should not care for it teaches in the book but not liberals...
The right word might be secularist if
Secularism means that he don't believe in religion, God is there but who cares, we should respect humanity and forget what will happen in the next world, Only materialistic things matter and country remains the first before any other obligations...
Or may be the right word for don't care is LADEEN, an Arabic word which states that there is no religion exists or don't believe in any other religions...If this is the case then those people living in whatever country should be called LADEEN and the state should be called LADEEN state..

Gotta love these injians -- Hindu Kush mountains -- meaning Hindu Killer mountains.

The Hindu Kush is a 500-mile mountain range stretching between north-western Pakistan and eastern and central Afghanistan. The highest point in the Hindu Kush is Tirich Mir (7,708 m or 25,289 ft) in the Chitral region of the Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa Province of Pakistan.

Nomenclature

The names Hindu Kush are usually applied to the entire range separating the basins of the Kabul and Helmand rivers from that of the Amu River (ancient Oxus) or more specifically to that part of the range that is northwest of Kabul.

Sanskrit
Sanskrit documents refer to the Hindu Kush as Pāriyātra Parvata (पारियात्र पर्वत)..

Persian

In some of the Iranian languages that are still spoken in the region, many peaks, mountains and related places have the ending -kush in their names. In the Persian language of the Sassanian period (known as Middle Persian), Hindu referred to the inhabitants of the area around and beyond the Indus River, or Hind - the area they inhabited.

Ibn Batuta on the term Hindu Kush

The traveller Ibn Batuta wrote in the 14th century that: "Another reason for our halt was fear of the snow. For upon this road there is a mountain called Hindukush, which means 'the slayer of the Indians' because the horses and animals which are brought from the land of India die there in large numbers as a result of the extreme cold and the great quantity of snow."

Last edited:
Mikkix

Ladeenyat is not secularism, Ilmaniyat is secularism - Ladeenyat is Godlessness - lets be careful not to conflate the two things, they mean different things

"Hindu kush" Hindu Killer mountains - Hope your wiki seaches helped you realize you still continue to refer to yourselves by definitions others give you.

Isn't it a case of wilful derogatory reference to Indians.

Shouldn't this be a reason for automatic lifetime ban according to this forum's rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom