What's new

Why My Father Hated India

Status
Not open for further replies.
look i acknowledge that you have tolerated my anger, but please you are innocent, try to understand these are not some opinions, these are some very serious issues and people take all sorts of meaning to it, so my humble advice is not to discuss it any further, that is forcing the farsi into us, its completely foreign and belongs to iran, its like insulting our mother tongue that is very dear to us, you may belong to ancient iranian root, but we dont, so if you are a farsiwan whatever, your baradri can become a farsiwan and pakistan is free for all, but dont say like we have to learn farsi as a third language

First of all, I'm saying this is what some intellectuals suggested. You can agree or disagree with it.
No where did I say remove Urdu? How can one remove Urdu, when nearly everyone in Pakistan understands it.

Many of your comrades are dying in ethnic violence, I believe Pashtun against Mohajir.

it's an issue of political parties and their rag-tag 'youth activists'

there is some element of ethnic tension, but most of it is purely political/factional in nature. It has more to do with the political f*ck ups rather than any ethnic tension that you would see in an over-crowded, migration-intensive place like Mumbai.

Pakhtuns have always been a part of Karachi (for several generations now) and you can find many many Urdu speaking peoples in the Frontier (I know of several).

Then there are the Baloch partisans, as well as an independence movement in the northern territories, which is why the Durand Line is disrespected.

as far as Pakistani side is concerned, and as far as international conventions are concerned ---Duran line is a non-issue. For political reasons, it was only some Afghan leaders who made a fuss over it (much to their own peril!)

given the porous and rugged nature of the border, it is inevitable that there will be a rich cross-over of tribes and much cross-border movement....the same goes on in West Bengal & Bangladesh; same goes on amongst ethnic Arabs in Turkey & Syria; or ethnic Azaris in Iran & Azerbaijan.

it seems that many posts here are being devoted to non-issues. It's a sign that this thread and the 'ideas' being disseminated are already worn out and tired.

But then,the national language urdu originated in central india..Are you guys gonna change that..?

dont use word 'india, use subcontinent, and no, no one can change it

today urdu spoken in pakistan has also become mixture of punjabi, balochi, sindhi, seraiki pashto etc, so urdu spoken in pakistan cen have differences from what is spoken in india

dont use word 'india, use subcontinent, and no, no one can change it

today urdu spoken in pakistan has also become mixture of punjabi, balochi, sindhi, seraiki pashto etc, so urdu spoken in pakistan cen have differences from what is spoken in india

Don't even use subcontinent.
Use South Asia.

Very true, the article seems ridiculously biased.

This article is extremely biased.I seriously laughed at the "obsession" part, Pakistanis have enough of their own problems right now to deal with than to be "obsessing" over india :rolleyes:

His mom was indian and if I am not mistaken, he has lived in india with her for some time which is why he is partial to india.

Article doesn't explain why Bangladesh is essentially anti-Indian even after 1971 and still retains a culture significantly different from India although attempts have been made in the last 40 years to assimilate it to India.

As our PM said......25% of Bangladeshi are anti-india .........because we divided a islamic nation

look i acknowledge that you have tolerated my anger, but please you are innocent, try to understand these are not some opinions, these are some very serious issues and people take all sorts of meaning to it, so my humble advice is not to discuss it any further, that is forcing the farsi into us, its completely foreign and belongs to iran, its like insulting our mother tongue that is very dear to us, you may belong to ancient iranian root, but we dont, so if you are a farsiwan whatever, your baradri can become a farsiwan and pakistan is free for all, but dont say like we have to learn farsi as a third language

By the way, what do you have against nawabs ,baradris, ,sardars, jagadirs, maharajas, and rajas. Not all of them were bad people. Some were.

His mom was indian and if I am not mistaken, he has lived in india with her for some time which is why he is impartial to india.

You mean partial to India. He makes no bones about that. He says so right at the start of the article.

His mother btw is Tavleen Singh, one of India's best known journalists.

Aatish Taseer may be confused and stuck in 1947, the rest of Pakistan is not. The article is shooting off on tangents and doesn't really explain whether his father hated India or why he did so.

You mean partial to India. He makes no bones about that. He says so right at the start of the article.

His mother btw is Tavleen Singh, one of India's best known journalists.

Yeah sorry I meant partial to india.

As Asim Aquil pointed out theres really no direction in this article. He's just one of the many who thinks of themselves as "experts" on Pakistan.

As our PM said......25% of Bangladeshi are anti-india .........because we divided a islamic nation

not to mention the fact that your border forces kill their people and you have land disputes with them; it's only natural reaction I guess....

Bangladesh and Pakistan were always seperate "nations" in my humble view. Geography plays a big role here. Though I think relations improved considerably post 71 than at any time prior to that.

i think if you want to talk about religion and all that -- it should be noted that anti-Islam sentiment in hindustan is even more widespread simply because

a.) what indians perceive as "india" was divided in 1947 and Muslims were victorious

b.) Muslims ruled what indians perceive as "india" for over 1,000 years and did a good job at it

as for Taseer's tweet -- well I think it is touching to say the least how offended some indians may feel about it.....I guess it was just a funny joke that some people are taking too personally.

not to mention the fact that your border forces kill their people and you have land disputes with them; it's only natural reaction I guess....

Bangladesh and Pakistan were always seperate "nations" in my humble view. Geography plays a big role here. Though I think relations improved considerably post 71 than at any time prior to that.

i think if you want to talk about religion and all that -- it should be noted that anti-Islam sentiment in hindustan is even more widespread simply because

a.) what indians perceive as "india" was divided in 1947 and Muslims were victorious

b.) Muslims ruled what indians perceive as "india" for over 1,000 years and did a good job at it

as for Taseer's tweet -- well I think it is touching to say the least how offended some indians may feel about it.....I guess it was just a funny joke that some people are taking too personally.

Most of us are over these things. And dont have times to think about these things. If Indians dont like Muslims, there would be wide spread protest about India's current vice President a Muslim, or the very famous Indian Muslims in cinema, etc. Also it was the North West and North that took the 1000 year old rule from foreigners. And if you want to call Murders, Alcoholic, Womanizers, even ones that killed other Muslims for power, "Muslims" that's fine too..

Also India's former President would not be called "The people's president" by Hindus, Muslims, Jains, Sikhs, etc.

This Aatish Taseer was not even a legitimate child of Salman Taseer. He was the love child of an indian woman who Salman had an affair with. Salman Taseer never even married than indian lady and left that child with that indian lady back in india.

A bastard would be an appropriate term for this Aatish Taseer.

Most of us are over these things. And dont have times to think about these things. If Indians dont like Muslims, there would be wide spread protest about India's current vice President a Muslim, or the very famous Indian Muslims in cinema, etc..

that seems fair....and at the same rate, if Pakistanis didnt like minorities (such as Hindus or other groups) there would constantly be widespread protests against cricket players like Mr. Kaneria or top SC justices like Mr. Baghwandas (many more examples come to mind)

so it works both ways really...

the problem is, some people take the words of extremists or hardliners and label it as "the mentality of the common man"

I have been assured by some indians that the vitriol spewed out by BJP and Shiv Sena types (who go through great lengths to villify Muslims) dont necessarily represent the views of all indians; and indians should be assured that vitriol by fundamentalist groups in Pakistan don't represent the views necessarily of all Pakistanis.

of course you have dimwits like "aatish taseer" who can't even make that connection. It appears he's more of a clown and can't be taken even a quarter seriously as an "objective journalist"

if this is his way of "getting back" at the Pakistani father who abandoned him several years ago, then that's pretty sad and rather un-creative I must say! :laugh:

one can't help but feel pity for a poor bastard like that

This Aatish Taseer was not even a legitimate child of Salman Taseer. He was the love child of an indian woman who Salman had an affair with. Salman Taseer never even married than indian lady and left that child with that indian lady back in india.

A bastard would be an appropriate term for this Aatish Taseer.

Wait are you serious. Aatish Taseer is an illegitimate child?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom