What's new

Why is Pakistan not purchasing the Rafale?

Status
Not open for further replies.
do some research man!:argh:

f22 vs f16 ratio is around 100:1

while ef vs f22 was found to be 1:2 by computer simulation. EF is much better
Write down specs of F16 block 60 as well as Eurofihghter Tranche 1 or Tranche 2..F16 is far superior..better radar, better electronics.Now in close fight i would imagine Eurofighter is more manvorable.

This is good we are getting J10B in 2015 but dude dont you think that only 36 of J10B not enough to be able to compete or eradicate the threat of Indian MMRCA 126-200 Jets.

126-200 VS only mere 36 of handfull it's not enough I guess. Is there anybody who can confirm that we are only and only getting 36 jets. Is there any one with the inside news that PAF will buy more then 36 as in my opinion PAF should get arround 150-200 of J10Bs to better compete against IAF in future.

Is there anyone who can say with pure inside news truth that PAF will get more then 36 J10B let say arround 150-200?:crazy:
Dont worry mate there are alot of things going on in PAF re JF-17 and it will become a very very good jet;).

Dont worry mate there are alot of things going on in PAF re JF-17 and it will become a very very good jet.

Yaar phir bhi do u have any insider or sufficient source from where you can confirm this that PAF will get more then 36 J10B let say 150-200 for example......:cheesy:

Yaar who knows..if economy recovers by 2015..PAf might as well as buy some Europen Jets.That's a lot of time..a lot of things can happen.Just pray this shitty WOT ends and then economy will recover.

By 2015 or 2017 if pakistani economy recovers they will be looking at chinese again to get some J-XX to fight against - pak-fa. or fgfa not just mrca.

I really doubt if india will ever go for MRCA. may be they are just playing fool here.

Yaar phir bhi do u have any insider or sufficient source from where you can confirm this that PAF will get more then 36 J10B let say 150-200 for example......:cheesy:

PAF will keep a total roughly 400 fighters of which at least 150 will be "high-tech" with good payload and range -- that is F-16 + FC-20.

F-16 will be new blk 50 + MLU ones which will be almost at par with blk 50/52 . We will have around 60 F-16s by 2011 (blk 52 + MLU).

36 FC-20 will just be the initial order.

This leaves us with with approximately 150 (total) - 60 (F-16) - 36 (FC-20) = 54 more planes to be ordered. These 54 new planes will be either

1. F-16s ....we already have an option of 18 new blk52...or buy used F-16s upgraded with MLU.

2. More FC-20 from China after the initial 36. This option looks more probable.

I cant say about the composition but PAF will surely have around 150 such fighters FC-20 + F-16 Blk 52/MLU.

Btw, all this is open knowledge. The figure of 150 was stated by ex-PAF AirChief.

The good news is that we are hearing that JF-17 development haven't stopped and we are hearing figures of 5-6 tons of payload. Seems like the number of medium weight fighters may up, beyond 150.

kcik F16 :what: i thought by EF you meant a plane!!! ;)

dear i never siad that F16 will always bring down the EF, all i stated was that it can! it have registered a kill against the top most F22!

these are the comparisons where the man behind the machine matters!

regards!
That's not totally true, there are reports and pics of an F18SH Growler in several forums, that also has shot down a F22!
Write down specs of F16 block 60 as well as Eurofihghter Tranche 1 or Tranche 2..F16 is far superior..better radar, better electronics.Now in close fight i would imagine Eurofighter is more manvorable.
Where's the logic by comparing the latest version of F16 with EF older EF tranches?
During the trials for a new aircraft in Singapore the EF tranche 2 was fielded against their F16 block 52 (52+?), reports said EF shot down 3 without a single loss! I don't think the ratio will be lower for tranche 3 with AESA against F16 block 60 with AESA.

That's not totally true, there are reports and pics of an F18SH Growler in several forums, that also has shot down a F22!

Where's the logic by comparing the latest version of F16 with EF older EF tranches?
During the trials for a new aircraft in Singapore the EF tranche 2 was fielded against their F16 block 52 (52+?), reports said EF shot down 3 without a single loss! I don't think the ratio will be lower for tranche 3 with AESA against F16 block 60 with AESA.

You are not entirely correct about the aircraft involved. However in the end, as Muradk has said on many threads, experience about employment matters a whole lot.

The 57th Adversary Tactics Group undertook some interesting tactics not contained in the overall [scripted] intelligence scenario. These involved surprise threats, generally Red Air [enemy] fighters, entering the air battle unexpectedly. White Force [exercise control] staff would confirm that the threat was Red and Blue Air [the “good guys”] had to react. The tactic worked. An F-16C pilot assigned to the 64th Aggressor Squadron gained the first-ever F-22 kill in Red Flag. [94th commander] Lt. Col. Dirk Smith told AFM: “At least half of the 94th FS crews had less than 50 hours in the F-22 and no matter how magical the F-22, any pilot can make a mistake. The beauty of Red Flag is that we were able to go out and practice our tactics in a challenging scenario, make a mistake, learn a lesson, and be that much better prepared for actual combat.

Full article: War Is Boring

The first shoot down was by a F/A-18F (not the EW growler version).
Quoting Dozer-- "The Hornet "snap" shot - good story. Happened here at Langley. It was a stock, combat configured F-22 flying a BFM (dogfighting) sortie against an airshow configured, i.e. squeeky clean, not combat configured or loaded, Super Hornet (not at all representative of how it performs with 8 pylons, an EA pod and 4-6 or missiles hanging off the rails and probably a fuel tank or two or their out of gas real quick...). It started from a 9000 foot line abreast 300 knot setup (which AF pilots never fly) where they turned into each other at the "fights on" call. It's not a scenario we fly because we never find ourselves in those parameters, we try to set up realistic parameters we expect to see in combat - otherwise the lessons learned aren't applicable and while it might be fun it's not a good use of scarce training time (I don't know if that's a setup the Navy flies or it might just have been a quick attempt to get a last engagement in if they were low on gas - I don't have that info). The Hornet pilot gave up everything he had to point at the Raptor and take a snap shot - it was NOT a tracking shot (stabilized and enough bullets to cause a kill), it was about 2 or 3 frames (many more required to cause a kill - OK - for you skeptics there's always the golden BB but let me finish first...). The AF pilot honored the training rules we're all supposed to abide by, they've been written in blood because pilots have been killed in these scenarios so our training rules look to prevent those scenarios by causing guys to quit manuevering for the shot to prevent a mid-air collision. With greater than a 135 aspect angle and inside of 9000 feet we're supposed to avoid pure or lead pursuit to avoid that head on collision, inside that range at our tactical speeds there's not enough time to react to prevent a collision once you realize it's going to happen. The Navy pilot completely blew off that rule, the AF pilot honored it, the Navy pilot pulled lead pursuit all the way into the high aspect (greater than the 135 degree gun shot rule) snap shot, the AF pilot lagged off to prevent the mid-air collision potential, the Navy pilot was still on the trigger inside the 1000 foot rule (we're supposed to avoid getting inside of 1000 feet from each other to also help prevent mid-air collisions), attempting to get the snap shot, he's inside the 1000 foot range with the trigger on, flies within about 200 feet of the Raptor (remember who's backed off to honor the training rules), and dang near kills himself and the Raptor pilot and causing what would have been one of the worst fighter to fighter disasters in recorded history. I've had that happen twice to me when I was flying the Eagle as a weapons officer (close enough to hear very loud engine noise and I figured I was dead both times, but God wasn't ready to take me yet), and both times I knocked off the fight, made the guy fly home, busted him on the ride and he had to explain to me and the boss why he was being stupid. That is the ONLY gun shot video I have ever heard of or seen from ANY Hornet engagement, ever. And it was a hugely B.S. and completely boneheaded act as you can see from the actual circumstances. In the real world - the Hornet never saw the Raptor and he was dead w/o ever knowing what hit him - that's the cold hard truth, like it or not - sorry if you're a Hornet fan but that's how all of our engagements with Hornets, Tomcats, Eagles, Vipers, etc. have gone. You would be amused if I had time to tell you how the hundreds of engagements went I've had with aircraft of all types, the biggest problem we have now is getting anyone to fly with us because they get no training, they never see us and they just die. Unless we promise to do some within visual range manuevering with them where we start and can see each other at the start, no one (Navy or AF) wants to fly vs. the Raptor anymore - that alone ought to tell you what the truth is."

Last edited:
Based on the above, the F-16 pilot from the 64th Aggressor sqn had a clean kill vs. the USN pilot who supposedly had to crash quite a few rules to kill the F-22.

u people r getting away from the topic,a senior member of this site told me that pakistan would buy rafale in the future.ithink he was from air force.as france hav offered us rafale,i think paf is waiting for the indians descisions.if pakistan will collect some billions for 2 or 3 sqad of rafale or ef-2000.
i t:whistle:hink so

PAF will keep a total roughly 400 fighters of which at least 150 will be "high-tech" with good payload and range -- that is F-16 + FC-20.

Dont your think brother that keeping only 400 fighter jets too small in numbers ?

In my Naakis Raaee the numbers should be arround 700-800 minimum and maximum to 1200-1500.

For example look at Israel a very very small country possesses a large no of jets arround 1000-1200.

Pakistan is much larger than Israel.

Dont your think brother that keeping only 400 fighter jets too small in numbers ?

In my Naakis Raaee the numbers should be arround 700-800 minimum and maximum to 1200-1500.

For example look at Israel a very very small country possesses a large no of jets arround 1000-1200.

Pakistan is much larger than Israel.
They get MASSIVE aid from US and buy jets at very good prices.

in this very forum i have come across thraeds which said that when the gripen was offered to the PAF they hesitated and did not agree altough gripen was an excellent choice because the reason given was they could not handle such advanced tech? what was that for i do not know but at that point pakistan had the money and the need was always there but they bucked
now coming to the rafale can they handle the rafale technology its nothing inferior to the gripen or will they point out some other lame excuse

the last point if rafale wins the indian MRCA bye bye then for PAF because the unwritten clause would be no sale to pakistan at any cost
as with mig corp the clause is written while this will be unofficial

in this very forum i have come across thraeds which said that when the gripen was offered to the PAF they hesitated and did not agree altough gripen was an excellent choice because the reason given was they could not handle such advanced tech? what was that for i do not know but at that point pakistan had the money and the need was always there but they bucked
now coming to the rafale can they handle the rafale technology its nothing inferior to the gripen or will they point out some other lame excuse

the last point if rafale wins the indian MRCA bye bye then for PAF because the unwritten clause would be no sale to pakistan at any cost
as with mig corp the clause is written while this will be unofficial
Gripen used a lot of US Techs so it was not really a good option (Pakistan was alooking at gripen when we were sanctioned )

Frankly I could care less what happens to Pakistan but if you want my opinion you either win the WOT or you will be under sharia law in 6 months. If that happens you will be at war with India 6 months later because if the taliban controls nuclear weapons they will use them and India won't take that chance. And no - Obama will not come to save you because he is a democrat and they have a long history of stabbing our allies in the back.

With regard to the Rafale - this is a stupid idea. Those things cost one half what an F-22 costs but they have only about 20% more capability than an F-16.

Your country is too poor to go head-to-head with India in the high-end jet fighter arena. Fortunately you don't have to. India is spending piles of money building up a BVR fighter capability. Sukhoi-30 MKIs and Il-78 AWACS and tankers, combined with the long border between India and Pakistan mean that the Pakistani Air Force will not be able to prevent India from establishing air superiority over 90% of Pakistani territory. What you can do is develop a long range strike capability using scuds, cruise missiles and Sukhoi-24s. You should also develop an integrated air defense network using S-300s, Roland's and frequency-hopping, mobile, ground-based radar. This system should be sited to protect a small number of key airfields and keep the Indians from flying over your major cities with impunity. Also these airfields should be hardened like the Israelis do it because they will be hit hard from day one. Finally, a small number of light fighters optimized for BVR air-to-air and closely integrated with the SAMs can make your air defense network much more dangerous. The obvious candidate would be the F-16 but there is no point in buying multi-role capability since for Pakistan each one of these aircraft is much too valuable to be used in this role. Also, you have to train with this stuff in realistic exercises or it won't work when you need it. Most of the items on this list are inexpensive compared to Rafale and some of them you already have. I hope this helps.
:blah:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom