What's new

Why is Nawaz Sharif bending over to Indians?

This whole thing would be funny if it wasn't just really sad. First an unemployed Pakistani politician makes an offer that no one in India asked for or is interested in. Then a whole bunch of people jump on the unemployed politician's comments & protest about unilateralism forgetting that no one in India was in the least bit interested in this crazy idea in the first place. Then when Indians point out they don't want any part of that harebrained scheme, the same Pakistanis jump up & down saying that " see, this i what we told you; Indians can never be our friends" & then throw in some expletives at at loud mouthed politician (did I mention unemployed) that are actually directed at the Indians for not wanting to partake in this lovely display of bilateralism that Pakistanis want to put on.

This is also standard Pakistani negotiations on bigger issues like Siachen & Kashmir - "We will agree to share 50% of the territory you control instead of the 100% we have been demanding, aren't we so reasonable? Did you just say no thanks to our very reasonable offer? Did you?? Told you that this Hindu baniyas can never be trusted, they are not interested in peace, all they keep asking for is that the great charity worker Hafiz Saeed be stopped from performing his charitable acts. Totally unreasonable people! We will never rest till we destroy them!"......... Six months later, start again with another offer that wasn't asked for! ....& repeat!

well peace between India & Pakistan will benefit both & i am all for it
now i agree that nawaz's unilateralism is not a realistic option neither is the hardened stance of India rather bilateral should be adopted if this can be agreed upon then i think ,tariff related issues,MFN,sir creek,siachen can be resolved
say for eg : on siachen between the two interpretation on the subject of the extension of the line on the issue of both Pakistan's interpretation of north east & India's interpretation of north west in between them if a middle ground can be agreed upon then i think the issue can be resolved

This whole thing would be funny if it wasn't just really sad. First an unemployed Pakistani politician makes an offer that no one in India asked for or is interested in. Then a whole bunch of people jump on the unemployed politician's comments & protest about unilateralism forgetting that no one in India was in the least bit interested in this crazy idea in the first place. Then when Indians point out they don't want any part of that harebrained scheme, the same Pakistanis jump up & down saying that " see, this i what we told you; Indians can never be our friends" & then throw in some expletives at at loud mouthed politician (did I mention unemployed) that are actually directed at the Indians for not wanting to partake in this lovely display of bilateralism that Pakistanis want to put on.

This is also standard Pakistani negotiations on bigger issues like Siachen & Kashmir - "We will agree to share 50% of the territory you control instead of the 100% we have been demanding, aren't we so reasonable? Did you just say no thanks to our very reasonable offer? Did you?? Told you that this Hindu baniyas can never be trusted, they are not interested in peace, all they keep asking for is that the great charity worker Hafiz Saeed be stopped from performing his charitable acts. Totally unreasonable people! We will never rest till we destroy them!"......... Six months later, start again with another offer that wasn't asked for! ....& repeat!

That about sums up Pakistan's foreign policy methodology not only with India but will all countries as well.

He'll never get elected so it doesn't matter.

Plus most of Pakistan doesn't agree with his views, we may want normal and non-hostile relations with india but that doesnt mean we want to be friends with them or even like them

well peace between India & Pakistan will benefit both & i am all for it
now i agree that nawaz's unilateralism is not a realistic option neither is the hardened stance of India rather bilateral should be adopted if this can be agreed upon then i think ,tariff related issues,MFN,sir creek,siachen can be resolved
say for eg : on siachen between the two interpretation on the subject of the extension of the line on the issue of both Pakistan's interpretation of north east & India's interpretation of north west in between them if a middle ground can be agreed upon then i think the issue can be resolved

Are you Pakistani brother? come out this delusion of "Middle way" and "Truth/right in is in between the two stances".

Just for your understanding.

hardliner Pakistani :I want to do Your wife., we can share her. It's our right!
Indian: I can't let that happen, besides my wife wouldn't like it and I think it's wrong.
Liberal and enlightened Pakistani: both the parties should be reasonable, let's work a "middle way" which is neither a Hard stance by India or grievances of Pakistan.
Indian: I should have know what i am getting in to.

:whistle:

I would love to know the rationale of repeatedly weakening your bargaining position by saying we should unilaterally award Visa-free entry to Indians and unilaterally pullback forces from Siachen?

People said he has learned politics but hes still the same. Spies would come in by Visa free entries and of course pullback to where? K2?

Instead of pointing fingers at nawaz only you should ask, why pakistanis bending over to India. got back to Pak after 2 years and after watching tele for few mins i found out that we love to promote Indian culture while we are compromising on our moral values so sir, it is the awam that is bending over to Indians, and Politicians only do what people like. Most Pakistanis may hate Indians but their is Indianism in every Pakistani.

hardliner Pakistani :I want to do Your wife., we can share her. It's our right!
Indian: I can't let that happen, besides my wife wouldn't like it and I think it's wrong.
Liberal and enlightened Pakistani: both the parties should be reasonable, let's work a "middle way" which is neither a Hard stance by India or grievances of Pakistan.
Indian: I should have know what i am getting in to

Yes, all well except for the hard fact Kashmir was wed to India forcefully; the people didn't agree to it did they?
Keep living in Lalaland.

Yes, all well except for the hard fact Kashmir was wed to India forcefully; the people didn't agree to it did they?
Keep living in Lalaland.
Since you raise the topic, read some links I provide

Daily Times - Leading News Resource of Pakistan
Daily Times - Leading News Resource of Pakistan

If you read, the Raja of Kashmir never wanted to seced to any Union but was forced because Pakistan though that we could unleash raping, pillaging tribal insurgents on Kashmir.. lol at your ignorance.
PS: You will find them intriguing cause they are taken from these forums..

Nawaz Sharif is not alone. MQM chief Altaf Hussein also bends over to indians so did the ANP founder bend over to indian congress. And there is a trend in Pakistani news channels where anchors praise india and bash Pakistan.

Pak Fauj needs to take over Pakistan once and for all before Pakistanis become slaves of indians.

Nawaz Sharif is not alone. MQM chief Altaf Hussein also bends over to indians so did the ANP founder bend over to indian congress. And there is a trend in Pakistani news channels where anchors praise india and bash Pakistan.

Pak Fauj needs to take over Pakistan once and for all before Pakistanis become slaves of indians.

I have always noticed that....
GEO, ARY, Express, AJJ etc like to bash Pakistan and praise India

IMO, we should all go back to PTV :cheers:

By the way, why doesn't any Pakistani politician or minister say to abolish visa requirements for Chinese nationals who want to visit Pakistan.

China is a trustworthy friend and neighbor. India hates our very existence and even puts Gilgit-Baltistan as indian territory on ther indian maps.

Slaves of Indians? Are you not being overly dramatic?

Guys Imran Khan said, he will give first priority for Indo-Pak good relations whenever he became PM.

Now, NS is bad, Sardari is bad, Gilani is bad. And Imran is also bad since he wants peace with India.

Who else will lead your country?

As others have mentioned, the issue is not about improving relations; everybody wants to improve relations.

The problem is these offers of unilateral action with no guarantee whatsoever that India will reciprocate. While people may thump their chests here, the fact is that even the Indian establishment will not take seriously anyone who makes such ridiculous unilateral offers.

It smacks of desperation, not statesmanship.

It smacks of desperation, not statesmanship.

A crumbling economy, failing governance and mounting social problems can introduce desperation no matter who is trying their hand at statesmanship.

Back
Top Bottom